Author Topic: Pictures??  (Read 4972 times)

Offline Smiffypink

• ARILLIAC
Pictures??
« on: January 15, 2007, 11:56:34 AM »
Hi Everyone,

Is anyone else having trouble seeing peoples pictures??

I used to be able to see everyones picture, my own included, then ive logged on this morning and i cant see my own, majority of everyone elses i cant see and even the Arillas Addict picture i cant see now, its  just the red square!!!

Offline Joe

• Forum Fanatic
    • Thomas Cook Airlines
Re: Pictures??
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2007, 12:06:02 PM »
I noticed the same thing on Saturday, this website has always been a little picky about your avatar picture but yes now the little Arillas Addicts pictures have vanished to be replaced by a nasty red cross, I wouldn't worry to much, if its happening to more than one of us then the problem most likely rests at the Admin end and not ours, there will be some security glitch that's blocking them.

For your main picture if you resize it to thumbnail size and save it as .gif format instead of .jpeg or .bmp it tends to work better.

Offline Joe

• Forum Fanatic
    • Thomas Cook Airlines
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2007, 12:06:58 PM »
Forget to say your picture is still showing up on my screen Smiffy!

Offline Eileen

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
    • http://www.villalinakis.com
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2007, 12:09:09 PM »
Thank goodness...I thought I was the only one with this problem!

I miss seeing all your lovely faces ;-)

Offline Joe

• Forum Fanatic
    • Thomas Cook Airlines
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2007, 12:18:13 PM »
I can still see everyone's, want to swap???

Just joking!!

Offline Smiffypink

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2007, 12:24:56 PM »
Joe you lucky thing still getting to see my picture haha!!

Glad im not the only one then!

Also when i logged on this morning, normally i just log in and its my name and picture at the top, but today it came up as guest and i had to type in my username and password, i never have to do that as i log in as forever, anyway then it changed page and siad in red bold writing 'secuirty has been enhanced on this site please re-enter your password', i didnt know what was going on, felt all out of sorts haha!!

Offline Erja

• Beer Quality controler
  • ARILLIAC
  • Royal Ionian Gold...amber nectar, only better ;)
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2007, 12:33:21 PM »
I can see pictures on my Laptop at home just fine because I am using Firefox, but here at work the Explorer doesn't show them at all.
Life is good ;)

Offline Eileen

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
    • http://www.villalinakis.com
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2007, 12:36:51 PM »

it changed page and siad in red bold writing 'secuirty has been enhanced on this site please re-enter your password', i

That happened to me on Friday night...but you know me I just thought it was something I had done wrong!

Eileenxx

Offline Smiffypink

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2007, 12:44:34 PM »
So did i, i thought id done something to the computer to make it log in as guest etc, glad youre with me on this one Eileen!!

Offline Joe

• Forum Fanatic
    • Thomas Cook Airlines
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2007, 12:48:28 PM »
The forum has been upgraded, if you look at the side of your posts you will see a little pen icon which once clicked on lets you modify them, this will account for the errors everyone is getting and I have no doubt that Internet Explorer security settings are mostly to blame, I have just tried to firefox to and everything is perfect on there. If you are confident enough check through your internet exlporer options to see if its blocking anything it shouldn't, I would think this is only a teething issue though and will fix itself in due course.

Offline Smiffypink

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2007, 12:50:50 PM »
Oh yeah, ive just seen that!!  Thats a good idea, so you can add after youve posted or if you missed a spelling mistake.

I havent a clue how to check my explorer options, wouldnt know where to start!

Offline Joe

• Forum Fanatic
    • Thomas Cook Airlines
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2007, 01:01:57 PM »
Don't try then you'll probably do more harm than good :-)

If its really bothering you, download firefox from here, its a different browser but works just as well as internet explorer, people tend to be split 50/50 over which is best, I use them both and I think they are equally as good, talk about sitting on the fence with that one.

Offline mumsy2

• Silver Medal {over 40 posts}
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2007, 02:41:17 PM »
Hi, everyone,
 I have been viewing pictures this morning, I too use Firefox, and my system is Linux, not Windows.  I find I have less problems with Linux. No crashes or anything.  ( and the software is free!)

Getting more 'Corfu-sick' cant wait to sell up and be there.  the pictures are great.  Marie

Booking.com