Author Topic: What to take early May  (Read 5256 times)

Offline harold

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Forum Fanatic
What to take early May
« on: January 11, 2007, 12:28:28 PM »
For those people that are going to Arillas early May and have not been before.Take a small hot water bottle each,a wooly jumper each,some sort of waterproof jacket,maybe a small umberella,something warm to sleep in.
The main reason for all this extra stuff is the first week you will feel cool at night both out and in bed,the evenings are still a little cool and you do get the odd drop of rain(in fact we have seen it really horrid a bit like it is in the Uk today,though not quiet as bad.You will be the first in the room and your bed will feel very cold and thats why you will need the hot water bottle and something warm to wear in bed( years ago the greek studants used to get  free holidays the first week in some places just to air the rooms and beds out(not Arillas as far as i know).When the weather is nice it is quiet warm without being overpowering,there are lots of wild flowers out+ the odd mossi and you get to see the fireflys a truelly wonderful sight.If i have missed anything Viv maybe able to add something
Harold,
Theres only one Altrincham FC

Offline tracey&peter

• Arillas Addict
Re: What to take early May
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2007, 04:39:01 PM »
How about the 3rd week in May Harold?

Tracey x

Tracey & Peter Smith
Solihull
West Midlands

Offline Smiffypink

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2007, 04:54:12 PM »
Hi Tracey,

It should be fine when we go, we went in May last time and it was gorgeous weather!!

Offline Joe

• Forum Fanatic
    • Thomas Cook Airlines
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2007, 05:30:00 PM »
Yes last year was a little strange it was very warm in May then cooled off considerably in June when I visited, I was even wearing a light jacket on some evenings.

Offline harold

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2007, 06:02:21 PM »
the problems are with the first week,by the second it starts warming up and most apartments have had some people in by the 3rd week
Harold,
Theres only one Altrincham FC

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2007, 06:50:27 PM »
What about an electric blanket???

When we went last year the last week in June/1st July it was scorching hot... but the week before they had rain and it was cold.  Doesnt the weather looks nice now in Corfu, not cold at all? Emed (David) said that the Greeks say if it is a warm winter it could be a cold summer.  Dont know if that really happens.   If it is a bit on the cool side then you might be doing a lot of walking to keep warm.
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Online Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2007, 07:40:06 PM »
Hot Water bottles ? - I would think that the best thing to put in one of those on Holiday would be Retsina.
In case you get thirsty during the night. ( Or Mythos or Amstel depending on taste )
Electric Blankets Sue ? Using up valuable space in the case when we bring back so much Cigs & Alcohol?
Just push the beds together and snuggle up. ( Providing you're not on Holiday with yer Gran or Workmate! )
I agree about the jumper and jacket though.
We're there sometime in May so I hope I don't have to "eat my words"
Regards to all
Negg

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2007, 10:45:28 AM »
DONT FORGET THE METAXA!
One couple who were with us at the same accommodation last year (you know who you are!!!) enjoyed their cocoa and Metaxa everynight.  Sounds like a nice bedtime tipple!
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Offline vivian

• Vivian
  • ARILLIAC
  • Stay Nude it ant Rude
    • http://www.holmvalley.com
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2007, 05:30:58 PM »
The sight that greeted my eye's the first time we ever went on to Arillas beach, was a man sunbathing in the nude and his wife sat next to him in a bikini and scarf, think that was 1st week in October if I remember right. :-)
I do agree with Harold if the beds haven't been used for 6 months, the quickest way to warm them  up and give them an air, is a hot water bottle, when Sally first told me she had hers with her, I laughed my head off but can sure see the sense in it now. Will be over there in 27 days time and really don't know what to expect weather wise, anybody been this time of year?. Viv

Stay Nude it ante rude

Offline Lindypops

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2007, 03:04:42 PM »
Have a fab time Viv,where will you be stopping? The first time we went, we stopped at The Makris. We sat out sometimes, in the evening, and watched the bats come out. It was quite amazing.
Lindypops.

Offline vivian

• Vivian
  • ARILLIAC
  • Stay Nude it ant Rude
    • http://www.holmvalley.com
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2007, 06:34:33 PM »
Stopping at Irene's, sounds really nice,
Still don't know what clothes to take and its only 25 days to go.
Will let you know about weather, Irene's and everything else when we get back.
     Viv

Stay Nude it ante rude

Offline Lindypops

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2007, 10:26:55 PM »
Have a good one viv. We did Spain at Christmas, and hand luggage was too much. Off again Feb., and will travel lighter again. I couldn`t be doing with all that  great humungous travel equipment called cases. Apart from which, I have to make sure the Toyboy is in good working condition!!.
Lindypops.

Booking.com