Author Topic: Taxi transfers with children  (Read 10101 times)

Offline Captaincalvert

Taxi transfers with children
« on: January 06, 2007, 02:23:05 AM »
Hi , we are going to Arillas in May, fourth time for a few of us.
There will be 6 adults, 3 children between 2 and 3 and 1 about 6 months old. We have decided to get a taxi, as the bus journey is a bit of a nightmare as you all probably know.
Any advice as to how to book this and prices ?
I notice that a few of you have done this and it does not look that expensive. Did it all work out ok, any things we need to know?
Cheers, looking forward to a few beers in the Rainbow bar.
Mike

Offline kes

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Forum Fanatic
  • Relax
    • Relax in Arillas
Re: Taxi transfers with children
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2007, 12:33:19 AM »
the link on the arillas home page for san stefanos travel...they have minibus`s... probably cheaper than two taxis
We paid 45 euros last may from Airport ..went back on the coach..
We are also there in May and will be booking taxi...roll on

Offline ronmonkey

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
  • andy and the boy, @the atki may2009
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2007, 10:00:24 PM »
thanks for the advice, much appriciated

we are there last 2 weeks of may, if you are there at same time come and say hello, we shouldn't be too difficult to spot at the beach/portofino/rainbow bar - we will be the harrassed looking parents trying to keep up with 4 young childrens ice cream demands!!!!!

cheers

andy (one of the other adults)

Offline Smiffypink

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2007, 10:07:14 AM »
Hi Andy,

We will be there from 21st May to the 28th, we shall say hi if we see you!

Offline burger

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2007, 11:31:47 AM »
i used san steph travel last september,the minibus is marginally cheaper than two taxis,the driver was waiting for us at the airport,very friendly guy,even arranged the return journey,much quicker and more comfortable than taking the coach transfer,i think you can only book one week in advance of your arrival date,here's the email for them,the manager is called noula     steftrav@otenet.gr

Offline Corfusoon

• Helios Court Villa
  • Arillas regular visitor
  • Arillas Addict
  • Helios Court Arillas Corfu
    • Luxury Villa in Arillas
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2007, 11:49:07 AM »
I would reckon you could walk out of the airport at any time and get 2 taxis for 100 Euro's

If you booked a couple through your accomodation you might pay 80-90.

I have a taxi firms number somewhere. I will try to look it out for you.

Regards
Style, Luxury, Tranquillity
Helios Court Villa, Arillas, Corfu.
http://www.corfuvilla.holiday

Offline ronmonkey

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2007, 11:50:08 PM »
thanks everbody for advice - last time coach transfer took longer than plane journey!!!   only bad part of superb holiday

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2007, 12:01:12 PM »
There were only two of us but we booked a taxi through San Stef. and young man met us, was very helpful with the bags, a young woman drove us though and the ride was a bit hair raising but it did make it quicker to get to Arillas.  We had the coach back which we enjoyed as well.  They are a very good firm to use.
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Offline Smiffypink

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2007, 12:13:47 PM »
I really dont mind the coach transfer, i think its all part of the holiday, obviously i know it cant be much fun if it takes hours, but our transfer only took just over an hour, so touch wood it'll be the same this year when we go with Corfuescape, it says on the website the transfer is an hour and half so i dont mind that.

Offline ronmonkey

« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2007, 11:09:53 PM »
i have never considered getting a taxi before as i agree with you that the coach transfer is all part of the holiday experience (and included in the price!!) however last time we came with manos we had about 45 min wait at the airport for the coach to arrive (after clearing baggage claim/passport control etc) then drove for a bit then stopped and waited another 45 mins on the coach for a rep to arrive to show the driver where to take us all to and to cap it all the coach was freezing as the air conditioning was on full blast. none of these things would have put me off taking the coach again but for the fact that ourselves and friends have small children and with the early start/ long plane journey they were starting to get rather fractious (thank god for teddy bear biscuits - and not just for the kids!!)

i don't wish to come across as a professional whinger because everthing else about the holiday was first rate and have booked with manos again for this year without any hesitation (and received very good service) but the transfer is not something i am in a hurry to repeat

andy

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2007, 10:25:10 PM »
Long transfers can be a nightmare.  If you start later in the morning and your arrival is late in the afternoon, then the same going back then you actually seem to lose 2 days travelling, which is what we are booked to do this year unfortunately.  I prefer early morning flights and get there around lunchtime, and enjoy  the long transfer as you still get there before the sun goes down, hopefully.

We had one year a horrendous transfer when we went to Crete.  Flew to Hersonissos, travelled by coach to Elounda which took 3.5 hrs.  in the dark, and arrived about 3.00 a.m.  We had no idea where we were going.  All we could see were lights dotted about, we did know though when the front of the bus was hanging off the side of the road, almost like the Italian Job!  I vowed never to do that ever again.. the worse transfer we have ever had.  When we go to Crete we go to Chania and stay within 1/2 hr away. 

Our first visit to Corfu went like clockwork apart from the diversion to Brindisi (but that is another story!) and the transfers have been great.  This year I am so pleased to be getting away that I dont care how long it takes as long as I get there.
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Offline ronmonkey

« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2007, 10:49:24 PM »
the bus was late picking us up on the return journey as well so we reached the airport well inside the two hours before takeoff, one of the reps came over the tannoy on the bus saying "don't worry, we've phoned ahead to let them know you're late" to which the plasterer from tipton who we had got friendly with shouted out (in best black country accent) " it warr us oo warr late it warr yow"

Booking.com