Author Topic: WALK TO SAN STEFANOS  (Read 43597 times)

Offline steve3456

• Silver Medal {over 40 posts}
    • http://www.caravanhire.org
Re: WALK TO SAN STEFANOS
« Reply #30 on: January 08, 2007, 06:19:30 PM »
looks like its going to disappear before long. Need to talk to the wife about getting back to arillas sooner rather than later

Offline kevin-beverly

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #31 on: January 08, 2007, 08:59:28 PM »
Who needs a parachute!!!  If there are some big busted ladies lying on the nudee beach, you would bounce straight back up again.  Or can you just imagine what Lesley Philips would do - he would lay amongst them and say "h e l l o   -   d i n g  d o n g!"
Speak to you all again soon - roll on Mythos time!!

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #32 on: January 09, 2007, 05:09:02 PM »
Or.... they could have a line of trampolines at the bottom....
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Offline Smiffypink

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #33 on: January 09, 2007, 05:31:48 PM »
Or some bouncy castles, have some fun whilst they've fallen down there :-D !!

Offline harold

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Forum Fanatic
« Reply #34 on: January 09, 2007, 07:25:23 PM »
Looking at todays picture,it looks as if somemore of the cliff face has fallen down,you can even see undergrowth growing out of some of it
Harold,
Theres only one Altrincham FC

Offline kevin-beverly

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #35 on: January 09, 2007, 08:59:20 PM »
If they could get a bulldozer they could go up and down and make a new path.  It would only take a morning, but we are talking Greeks!!!  By the time they have their fags and a chat, then another fag then another chat, then a fag its time for dinner.  More fags, more drink, more chat.  Well it doesn't seem such a bad life does it!!  I would swap it any time. 

Offline Corfusoon

• Helios Court Villa
  • Arillas Addict
  • Helios Court Arillas Corfu
    • Luxury Villa in Arillas
« Reply #36 on: January 10, 2007, 12:10:35 PM »
Crikey from what was being said I thought the path would be impassable. From your photo Joe its far from that.

In October there was a foot deep by 6 foot sliver set to go. The red warning pegs were there then. So its not unpredictably unstable.

You can see the underbrush on the left. I imagine its quite likely that that will just get trodden down if the path ever becomes too narrow.

Thats the second year in a row I've read that cliff has collapsed! Shows just how laid back Arillas is if this is major news!

I agree though it would be good if the bulldozers could widen the existing path or cut a new track a bit further back.

Maybe it will happen just before the next elections!
Style, Luxury, Tranquillity
Helios Court Villa, Arillas, Corfu.
http://www.corfuvilla.holiday

Offline Joe

• Forum Fanatic
    • Thomas Cook Airlines
« Reply #37 on: January 10, 2007, 12:55:59 PM »
Unfortunately the problem is much worse further down which I forgot to take a picture of (doh!), where the path is only about 1-2 metres wide with a straight drop to the beach below, one of the poor dogs nearly fell in. At this point the grass verge on the other side is very high, above my head in fact, so it would need some pretty big equipment to flatten it. I just worry that when the bad weather comes in the next two months the path here may collapse completely.

Paul has got a new digital camera I will try and ask him to take a picture of it at its worse.

Offline Gary & Julie

« Reply #38 on: May 31, 2007, 07:38:17 PM »
I'll drink to that lol

Offline patrickjohn

• Lincolnshire Yellow Belly
  • ARILLIAC
  • PJM
« Reply #39 on: June 17, 2007, 11:14:11 PM »
Hi everyone.  Just got back from Arillas (16th June 2007).  Walked the path from Arillas to the headland chapel and the ?abandoned? villa (didn't go down to St. Stephanos though).  The track is only dodgy just before the bit that juts out before the nude beach wading area.  It is clearly marked with red and white pegs.

Quite a lot of sunbathers were laying out beneath the cliff and not taking any notice of all the bits of fallen rock.  On another day, when I stopped to prepare to wade to the nude beach, a kind German lady warned me not to tarry beneath the dangerous cliff.

I think that a good downpour of rain would lead to more of the cliff falling and the path would become very narrow.

It would be good for regular updates on the state of this path to be posted by Arilla Experts.

Regards
Pat

My book"A Policemance Tale" at Amazon
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0B8BD9MWM

Offline James W

• Adonis in Arillas ;-)
  • Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #40 on: August 03, 2007, 09:02:16 AM »
Now I'm a bit worried!!!

My wife and I are going to Arillas in the first week of September 2007, we were hoping to walk to San Stefanos.
Now it seems our desire may be eroded. My wife has a new knee joint, and I'll be having more surgery on my leg next week.

Perhaps the Water Taxi will have to be our way of getting there, does anyone have experience of this? What is the cost? What travel times? How long does it take?

Information will be most appreciated.  :-)

Offline SteveL

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #41 on: August 03, 2007, 09:44:28 AM »
There is still the option of walking to San Stefanos via the "main" road.  The view's not the same as going over the cliffs but if you like walking it's worth a thought.

Steve

Offline vivian

• Vivian
  • ARILLIAC
  • Stay Nude it ant Rude
    • http://www.holmvalley.com
« Reply #42 on: August 03, 2007, 06:30:53 PM »
I think we were first told that it was getting worse in 2005 and were really worried about it but could still do it with ease in May. Viv

Stay Nude it ante rude

Offline neilelaine

« Reply #43 on: August 03, 2007, 06:42:25 PM »
We did the walk in mid July this year and it was fine, we just had to tell the kids not to walk on the edge!! Lovely views all along the walk.

Neil, Elaine & kids.

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #44 on: August 04, 2007, 12:07:45 PM »
We did the walk in July as well.  It is much narrower but its fine.  You couldnt get a car up there put it that way. The safety barrier consists of about half a dozen small 6" red posts sticking out of the ground which wouldnt stop you falling over but reminds you to keep away from the edge.  Keep to the fence and you will be fine.

We came back the usual road way.  We were told by the lady in San Stef travel there was a short cut, a little unmade track past the cafe on the right (cant remember the name now)... We took that hopeful that we would get back in the 15 mins she said it would take...I dont think she has done that walk for some time. LOL>>  We ended up at the back of someones house where there wasnt a path at all having to go back down and carry on the main road. There just doesnt seem to be anyway of going through the undergrowth to the cliff top. Having done the walk before it was much quicker going back this time than before as we knew where it was going.
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Booking.com