Author Topic: Irene Villa Appartments - New Review  (Read 4389 times)

Offline Fiona_

Irene Villa Appartments - New Review
« on: September 14, 2006, 03:22:49 PM »
We have just returned from 2 fabulous weeks staying in the Irene Villa Apartments. We have gained some very good friends after meeting Eleni, Spiros, Irene and Kimon, the family who own the apartments. My children Christopher 17 and Katherine 12 are very similar in ages to Irene and Kimon.

As Judi said in her review on the 10th August Eleni and Spiros's apartments are very well equipped with tea towels, kitchen paper, washing up liquid and even beach towels and an umbrella.We were very lucky to have one of the apartments at the front with a huge balcony which was like having an extra room. We have stayed in many apartments throughout Greece and never had such good facilities. The apartments are set back and very secluded with a lovely garden that Spiros tends carefully.We played table tennis and enjoyed the garden.

Eleni arranged for us to be met at the airport and our fridge had been stocked up by Eleni for our arrival which was very welcome after our early start.

Eleni and Spiros couldn't do enough for us and we enjoyed some lovely meals with them. We particularly enjoyed eating at Demitri's taverna the Brouklis where the food is lovely and the service really good. Demitri is the hero responsible for the arilllas.com website.

We visited Arillas 2 years ago and came back as it was so lovely. Now we can't wait to go back again!

Thanks again Eleni, Spiros, Irene and Kimon

Fiona Roger Christopher and Katherine

Offline Fiona_

Re: Irene Villa Appartments - New Review
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2006, 03:12:56 PM »
In my review I forgot to mention that we booked the accommodation at Irene Villas at a very reasonable price which included air conditioning at no extra cost. In previous apartments we have had to pay extra. As it happens we hardly used the air conditioning, but earlier in the year I am sure it would have been essential. The windows in the kitchen and bathroom have special mosquito screens so that you can have fresh air without worrying about being bitten. All the beds in the apartment also had a mosquito net. The only time we were bitten was in a restaurant in the evening when our repellant didn't appear to work. Next time I am going to buy some repellant locally as someone we met suggested this was more effective.

Eleni and Spiros kindly arranged for a taxi to meet us at the airport and for the return journey. This cost 50 Euros each way.

We don't like being herded around and prefer to book independently. Booking independently was cheaper for us and gave us more freedom with flights and of course enabled us to book at Irene Villa apartments. We will definitely be back as we love Arillas and also the Irene Villa apartments.

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
Re: Irene Villa Appartments - New Review
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2006, 08:36:04 PM »
During our time in Arillas recently it was a genuine pleasure to meet with Eleni for an early evening drink.
She strikes us as a very sincere lady with great passion, not only for Arillas, but to ensure her guests want for nothing during their stay in her apartments. I'm sure that most apartment and Hotel owners in Arilllas are making this a number one priority,whether with a Tour Operator or catering for the "Flight Only" tourists.
There have been many debates on the Forum about Tour Op Holidays vs Independant, relating to cost etc,and I think there will be many more. However for any indepentants out there Irenes Villas is certainly worth considering.
Regards
Negg

Booking.com