Author Topic: Embedded pictures  (Read 9391 times)

Offline Fiona

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Arillas Addict
Embedded pictures
« on: September 07, 2006, 11:02:40 PM »
Can anyone tell me why I am not seeing any of the pictures of people against their posts?  The only ones I can currently see are my own (yuk, don't need that!!) and Harold's.  All I get is an empty square with a little red cross in the corner.

Fiona

Offline dimitris

• Administrator
  • Forum Fanatic
  • 尚 尚 尚 尚 尚
    • www.arillas.com
Re: Embedded pictures
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2006, 11:39:24 PM »
Can anyone tell me why I am not seeing any of the pictures of people against their posts?  The only ones I can currently see are my own (yuk, don't need that!!) and Harold's.  All I get is an empty square with a little red cross in the corner.

Fiona

hi Fiona,
I think you have to configure your brownser to be able to vire also pictures that come out of other websites exept the forum's .

as I use greek software I can not tell you right now which "buttons" you have to press but I will look for it and let you know as soon as I have some more time,

Cheers,

Dimitris

Dimitris Kourkoulos
Brouklis Str 7
Arillas 49081
Corfu Greece
+30 26630 51418
www.arillas.com
Brouklis Taverna
The 10 things you don't know about Arillas

Offline kes

• Forum Fanatic
  • Relax
    • Relax in Arillas
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2006, 12:30:54 AM »
Hi Fiona,
This may help....Go to Tools menu in your Browser...select internet options..
select Advanced Tab....
scrolll down the list on the left to Multimedia
make sure there is a tick in the "show pictures box...
click apply & save
good luck

Offline Joe

• Forum Fanatic
    • Thomas Cook Airlines
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2006, 02:05:29 PM »
I have a similar problem, about half the pictures (including mine) do not show, you just get the little red cross instead. It works perfectly fine at work but not at home, its most likely a security setting on your computer, it may be the browser or it may be the firewall.

At work I use Internet Explorer 6, but at home I use Explorer 7. I back tracked to 6 at home and everything worked fine therefore I think there is security problem in Explorer 7 but for the life of me I can't think what it is, possibly its something to do with the type of picture format being used which would explain why some are displayed and some aren't Strangley enough Aegean Airlines website doen't work properly in Internet Explorer 7 either.

Kes's good advice should fix the problem if no forum pictures are displaying.

Joe

Offline kes

• Forum Fanatic
  • Relax
    • Relax in Arillas
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2006, 02:31:33 PM »
Hi Joe,
I am using IE7 and no problems.
Try setting security level in Tools/internet options  to Medium-High..under Privacy  set to Medium..inthe Advanced settings tick the box under Java(sun)...under Multimedia tick all boxes apart from show image download placeholders

Offline Smiffypink

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2006, 02:39:00 PM »
Oh you poor things, you cant see all of our lovely gorgeous piccies!!!

Hope you both get your technical probs sorted asap!!

Offline kes

• Forum Fanatic
  • Relax
    • Relax in Arillas
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2006, 03:53:31 PM »
Aegean Airlines website   working fine her joe on both   ie6    &ie7...
are you using the latest version of IE7 PREVIOSE VERSIONS HAS BUGS

click Help / about intertnet explorer,should be  RELEASE CANDIDATE 1 VERSION 70- 5700- 6: IF NOT THIS VERSION SEE BELOW

LATEST DOWNLOAD AT>               http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/default.mspx

THIS SHOULD FIX THE PROBLEM...
KES

Offline Fiona

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2006, 08:44:26 PM »
Thanks Dimitris, Kes and Joe.

Am just off for a weekend away, but I will try and do the technical bit when I get back!

I'll let you know the result next week.

Fiona

Offline kes

• Forum Fanatic
  • Relax
    • Relax in Arillas
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2006, 09:29:44 PM »
Apologies..grovel grovel   so sorry... to all re miising pictures....some are missing on my Pc also which for some reason i didnt notice..old age.senility ,bad eyesight to mention a few...etc!!!!
It looks like the missing pics are  "AVATOR format"BROWSING AROUND THE WEB IT SEEMS TO BE A COMMON PROBLEM ON LOTS OF FORUMS.
I can`t find a definate answer to the problem...(still looking)some say its a script error on the site..others bame the browsers & some that the avatar is not being saved ,or uploaded correctly......IS THERE A DOCTOR IN THE HOUSE?...DIMITRIE !!!!!!
My soloution...ditch the avatars & get an animated gif  ther are lots of free ones around to pick from.

Offline Joe

• Forum Fanatic
    • Thomas Cook Airlines
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2006, 12:56:34 AM »
Thanks for that Kes, I was using an older Beta of IE 7, have upgraded but the problem persists, its definately individual computer security settings with explorer 6/7 if I load up the forum in Mozilla Firefox no problems at all, its all Bloody Microsofts fault, its not a major issue and I can live with it, I just hate it when things don't work, i'll mess around with it tomorrow.

The problem with Aegean's website is not at first but when you search for flights  available and the new window pops up it gives an error saying imcompabtible browser, can you check this and see if it does the same for you, once again no problem in Firefox.

Joe

Fiona I can see your pic fine but mine doesn't show, how strange.

Offline kes

• Forum Fanatic
  • Relax
    • Relax in Arillas
Re: Embedded pictures..
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2006, 08:01:17 PM »
PROBLEMSOLVED..I THINK
Joe..  I have just made a couple of avatars one at 64*64 pixels  & one at 96*96 pixels  SAVED AS .GIF...both are showing on my laptop using IE7.
This may be because they are cached on this machine ..let me know if you can see mine on your pc...
 ....I have also made another avatar SAVED AS .PNG....WHICH IS NOT BEING DISPLAYED
SITE BELOW GIVES OPTION TO SAVE IN EITHER FORMAT

SO SAVE AS .GIF
http://elouai.com/portrait-maker/avatar.php

KES

Offline Fiona

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2006, 01:07:33 AM »
Hi Joe & Kes

Dimitris was kind enough to download my picture (I don't go looking for trouble !!), which I guess is why I can still see it.  However, I used to be able to see your pic Joe and Kes's one of the donkey.  Obviously the latter has now been replaced - yes Kes, I can see it perfectly, but I preferred the animated one you had before!

I like the idea of having real pics as it does make it possible to recognise people in Arillas, but it seems that the new format forum has different settings and doesn't support some of the original pics.  Not to worry, perhaps we should all sport a small forum tattoo instead!!

Fiona

Offline Joe

• Forum Fanatic
    • Thomas Cook Airlines
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2006, 11:29:20 AM »
Sorry for the late reply Kes but after checking I agree with you, the pictures causing problems are in .png format. I can see my picture fine on the machine I uploaded it from but not any others so it may very well be a cache issue, I will reformat it to a gif and see if things improve.

I can see your picture fine :-)

Offline jericlin2

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
  • Jericlin
« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2006, 02:31:13 AM »
Hi
If you look out the window at night you may see this round cheese thing.                                                                                                                                                                         

I am the other side of it.

Instead of seeing red crosses I see English images, French Amphibian Legs etc etc etc ad infinitum.
I still have a full head of  (mostly) dark hair and my toe nails still grow at a rate that sends my socks into a spin ( plus the washer and tumble drier ? )
Thk
uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
I must ask Tradihng stanfards and customs&

Offline suzanne simcox

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2006, 08:24:26 PM »
Are you for real !!!!!?????

Booking.com