Author Topic: Nudee beach access  (Read 78482 times)

Offline patrickjohn

• Lincolnshire Yellow Belly
  • ARILLIAC
  • PJM
Re: Nudee beach access
« Reply #30 on: May 30, 2007, 07:43:48 PM »
Thanks to everyone who has contributed to this thread. 
Feel confident having read these posts that the beach will be just as good as we remember it on our last visit in 2004. 
Why have we stayed away so long?  Don't know the answer to that one, but am looking forward to Sunday 2nd June 2007 when we can once more reacquaint ourselves with wonderful Arillas.
How long before I get a medal for posting (this is my very first one).
patrickjohn

My book"A Policemance Tale" at Amazon
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0B8BD9MWM

Offline Mick and Jill

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Forum Fanatic
« Reply #31 on: May 31, 2007, 10:40:24 AM »
Bet it won't be long before your an Arillas Addict
Jill XXX

Offline patrickjohn

• ARILLIAC
  • PJM
« Reply #32 on: June 17, 2007, 11:22:45 PM »
My wife and I enjoyed our visit to Arillas this year.  Got back on 16th June 2007 after a wonderful two weeks at the Horizon. 
The access to the beach seemed to vary each day.  Some days when the sea was rough the wade was almost waist high, but on calm days knee high.  Most people heading for the nude beach were disrobing near the dodgy cliff just before the headland that juts out and carrying mats & brollies etc at chest height.
It pays to carefully study the water before wading through because sometimes the shallow area is near the rockface, and sometimes two or three yards out.
I guess that you need to wade for about thirty or forty yards.
Its definately worth the bother though and I suppose to some extent it keeps the beach 'exclusive' or perhaps just deters the nosy types.
Pat

Offline vivian

• Vivian
  • ARILLIAC
  • Stay Nude it ant Rude
    • http://www.holmvalley.com
« Reply #33 on: July 10, 2007, 03:24:55 PM »
Just rememberd, I meant to tell you all when we got back. While we were on the beach, we noticed a chap walking up and down by himself quite a lot eventually he came over and introduced himself. His name was Mike Childs and he writes for the B.N.A. they have a book called Best Bare Beeches and are doing a new one. He asked us if we thought Arillas needed any more advertising at home. I thought Pete was going to jump down his throat he said No so quickly. Anyway he had what he called good and bad news for us which was that t will not be included in this years but he felt he would have to include it in furture editions to come. I really don't know what to think about that, yes it's a real accolade to the beach but how many people will it attract. I hope not to many. Viv

Stay Nude it ante rude

Offline patrickjohn

• ARILLIAC
  • PJM
« Reply #34 on: July 10, 2007, 09:29:14 PM »
That's very interesting.  I think the publication he is writing must be the one found at http://barebeaches.com/
I think the appeal of the wonderful Arillas beach is partly because it is not usually listed in internet guides to nude beaches and is therefore only known to those of us who've found Arillas for ourselves and stumbled upon it.  That's how my wife and I found it. 
We were staying in Sidari, hired a car, and toured the north of Corfu.  Finding Arillas towards the end of our stay was great. 
We enjoyed the beach and sea, and then cooled off at the Horizon pool before tucking into one of their great meals, and then watching the sun go down in wonderful colours over the Ionian Sea. 
What could be more wonderful?
As a result we booked to stay at the Horizon on our next trip to Corfu, and were not disappointed with the hospitality at the Horizon.
Pat  

Offline jester

« Reply #35 on: July 15, 2007, 08:17:17 PM »
Boo to BNP, however we found the Arillas nudie beach via the website on "Cap'n barefoot" naturists guide to the greek islands. It did state however it was not an official nude beach but used by holiday makers and the locals for as long 30 years +. We do agree with you that it is a testament to Arillas and it's people that BNP want to mention the beach and the village/ town but not good for us selfish folk who love it as it is, a tranquil place to go and not a Sidari (which is a nice place to visit - ONLY). The best of it  is i am not a naturist only half a one but my husband is a naturist (full one). Happy holidays to all and especially us, be there in 6 days - hoorah.

Offline Lindypops

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #36 on: July 15, 2007, 10:39:52 PM »
Have a happy holiday jester. I think I`ve mentioned Cap`n Barefoot in a past post somewhere. We`ve been back home 2 weeks I think, and had 1 day without rain!
Lindypops.

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #37 on: July 16, 2007, 02:22:13 PM »
While we were there I think a "nudee" must have got lost.  I had heard a chap was totally nude and walking up the beach AWAY from the nudee beach.  Perhaps they are extending it ;)
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Offline vivian

• Vivian
  • ARILLIAC
  • Stay Nude it ant Rude
« Reply #38 on: July 16, 2007, 04:50:01 PM »
Yea well if the whole beach was turned nudie, nobody would have to buy bikinas or trunks more room in the case for an extra bottle. ;-) viv

Stay Nude it ante rude

Offline jester

« Reply #39 on: July 18, 2007, 12:50:56 AM »
Here, Here Vivian. Well my hubby would be glad at a little less weight in the suitcase If i took your advice and bought less swimwear but alas I am not as brave as some. Maybe this year I will summon up some courage (probably after a few bottles of plonk that you suggested) and throw caution to the wind. Arillas in 3 more sleeps hoorah

Offline vivian

• Vivian
  • ARILLIAC
  • Stay Nude it ant Rude
« Reply #40 on: July 18, 2007, 02:52:28 PM »
Double Dare You, once you have relaxed with it your never want to wear swimwear again and wonder what all the fuss was about especially in Arillas.

Stay Nude it ante rude

Offline jester

« Reply #41 on: July 20, 2007, 02:42:36 AM »
Thanks Vivian for the nudge will see what happens!! I realise it is me that is slightly hung up not sure why? nobody else is (inner demons possibly at work!) won't be posting for a while we fly tonight to Arillas. chat soon

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
« Reply #42 on: July 20, 2007, 02:44:59 AM »
Go for it Jester....have a great holiday.....
Sandy x

Offline John B

• Holiday in Heaven
  • Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #43 on: August 12, 2007, 03:52:33 PM »
Last week you could walk to the nudee beach without getting your feet wet, no wading through waist deep water it was great. Quite busy though.

Offline boff1

« Reply #44 on: August 12, 2007, 04:54:57 PM »
Wonderful beach! We have been going there for four years now. Only the size changes, the people are always friendly and it is one of the most relaxing places that you find for a holiday.

Back next year...

Booking.com