Author Topic: Nudee beach access  (Read 78483 times)

Offline willis

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
Re: Nudee beach access
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2007, 12:10:24 PM »
I'm interested to know what access is like at the moment. Last weekend there was plenty of sand, but it was difficult to get to. The sand around the rocks seemed to have been eroded a bit, making a sort of watery pit. The best option was to go out quite a way to find a fairly shallow path. I ended up going right down to the other end of he beach. It is great down there if you want complete peace and quiet.
Nick

Offline harold

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2007, 08:25:00 PM »
had to wade around the point,water about 3 foot deep,but at the moment the nudee beach is being turned into a gaint ASHTRAY why do some smokers not take their rubbish away with them its disgusting
Harold,
Theres only one Altrincham FC

Offline Ang

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2007, 11:16:13 PM »
Harold,I accept your point of view,however as it is very early in the season have you not considered that your so called ASHTRAY may have been washed upon the shore.
Or are you having a pop at the locals for smoking as they stroll along the beach in anticipation of the tourists.
Ang

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2007, 11:55:25 AM »
I must admit, I agree with Harold.  Iv noticed more and more cigarette ends on that end of the beach.  It really is pathetic that people cant use the bins that are provided if they have to indulge in this habit.

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2007, 12:27:14 PM »
I agree, but of course there are no bins at that end of the beach. People could always take something with them to place cigarette ends in. Every day last year I had to clear a spot before I sat down - not much worse than finding you'rel ying on someone's old cigarettes. But at least the donut man doesn't usually venture down that end.....
Sandy x

Offline harold

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2007, 02:02:07 PM »
These were fresh and sadly from German people,Viv did see some of them as she was taking a photo of the beach sculpture and i said to her why do they do it
Harold,

Offline vivian

• Vivian
  • ARILLIAC
  • Stay Nude it ant Rude
    • http://www.holmvalley.com
« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2007, 12:16:50 PM »
I had a ciggy as I walked on the beach, stubed it out on a rock and put it in a bag and took it back to the rubbish bin, it didnt take much effort and wasn't heavy, ;-)  so why cant other people do it. Viv.

Stay Nude it ante rude

Offline harold

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2007, 08:58:52 PM »
i agree with Viv and in fact they would be lighter than when you come on the beach as most has gone up in smoke
Harold,

Offline Cheryl2307

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #23 on: May 25, 2007, 01:45:03 PM »
As a smoker I'm sorry to say that I've never thought about this aspect before.  I will never ever leave a ciggie end on the beach again - will make sure I always have a sandwich bag with me in future.  For all the ones I've left in the past - I'm sorry!
Cheryl O

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #24 on: May 25, 2007, 04:21:14 PM »
My goodness, an apologetic smoker!! Now thats a refereshing change!! good for you!

Sorry to generalise but its usually everybody else's fault but the smokers when anyone ever dares to complain!!

I think you should be given a medal!

Offline vivian

• Vivian
  • ARILLIAC
  • Stay Nude it ant Rude
    • http://www.holmvalley.com
« Reply #25 on: May 25, 2007, 05:50:13 PM »
Hi Joe, Lets agree to differ on that one. Viv

Stay Nude it ante rude

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #26 on: May 25, 2007, 06:19:48 PM »
Ok, Viv, I suppose I had that one coming!  Certainly didnt mean to offend anybody, sorry if I did. Just hate being subjected to other people's smoke thats all.  Hopefully that will become a thing of the past come July!  I think I'm worse since I had children and worry about what they have to breath in.

Offline Ang

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #27 on: May 26, 2007, 12:36:41 PM »
Was'nt the original post about access is this what they call hijacking a thread?now if we want a debate on smoking, smokers and the uk ban then we should start another topic,moving on I cant wait to walk through the surf to get to the end of the beach may even have a skinny dip as well.
Ang

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
« Reply #28 on: May 29, 2007, 02:00:13 PM »
For all you nudee beach worshippers....the beach is FANTASTIC this year. Really wide, loads of sand and I didn't notice too many ciggie ends. You still have to wade round the rock but it wasn't nearly as treacherous as last year. And there was hardly anybody there - I have never seen it so empty in May so fingers crossed it will stay like that for August. The wind got up a bit on Sunday and it poured with rain on Monday (I got back last night) so the sea came right up but hopefully when the sun returns it will be back to normal. Paradise.....
Sandy x

Offline Lozicle

• Arillas Addict
  • That's me :)
    • http://www.myspace.com/lozicle
« Reply #29 on: May 29, 2007, 02:12:47 PM »
Excellent news :D

Booking.com