Author Topic: Pool at Makris ?  (Read 6985 times)

Offline Pam & Paul

Pool at Makris ?
« on: May 31, 2004, 01:56:15 PM »
Hi Everyone,
We are counting down to our holiday in Arillas, the last week in Aug, first in Sept. We are staying at Makris, we were there last year, and had a great time.

We have heard that there may have been a pool built there, at Makris appartments :?:
Does anybody know anything of this, and can let us know if this is correct.

Thanks for any infomation.

Pam & Paul

Offline harold

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Forum Fanatic
Pool at Makris ?
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2004, 02:13:16 PM »
Hello,
      we were in Arillas 10th may and walked past the Makris,i did notice that all the grass at the front had gone and a big slab of concrete was there in its place,i take it that is the pool area.
Harold,
Theres only one Altrincham FC

paul and jen

Re: Pool at Makris ?
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2004, 10:21:27 PM »
Quote from: Pam & Paul
Hi Everyone,
We are counting down to our holiday in Arillas, the last week in Aug, first in Sept. We are staying at Makris, we were there last year, and had a great time.

We have heard that there may have been a pool built there, at Makris appartments :?:
Does anybody know anything of this, and can let us know if this is correct.

Thanks for any infomation.

Pam & Paul

having just arrived back from arillas and staying in the makris the pool is now under way but very slowly and unfortunately in the middle of the season . there seems to be a kind of pool bar bieng bulit first with no real safegaurd surrounding the pool area obvioulsy if you have kids this is of uneeded concern for your holiday . on the plus side there is a welcome commity awaiting you at the tria adlephia if the pool is your main concern . in my opinion im thinking that the pool will not be complete for a while yet .
regs
paul

Anonymous

Pool at Makris ?
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2004, 10:22:52 PM »
having just arrived back from arillas and staying in the makris the pool is now under way but very slowly and unfortunately in the middle of the season . there seems to be a kind of pool bar bieng bulit first with no real safegaurd surrounding the pool area obvioulsy if you have kids this is of uneeded concern for your holiday . on the plus side there is a welcome commity awaiting you at the tria adlephia if the pool is your main concern . in my opinion im thinking that the pool will not be complete for a while yet .
regs
paul :wink:

Anonymous

Pool at Makris ?
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2004, 11:49:01 AM »
Hi
Thanks for the infomation, we'd just heard about the planned pool, and wondered how far it was on.
We are actually bringing "the Kids"  :!:  with us this time, but they are much more of an age, that  we will have to make sure they are aware of any open pool area for when they make their way home at the end of the night.
 :idea:  Or more likely they are aware to watch us home at the end of the night.

Thanks again for the infomation
Pam & Paul

pauly

Pool at Makris ?
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2004, 01:18:01 AM »
no problemo i guess by the time you guys get to bed youll probrably not hear the builders in the morning anyway  :D have a nice time in arillas if you get room one at the makris i apologise in advance for the mossi wounded on the white walls  8)
regs
paul n jen

Offline ANN

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
Pool at Makris ?
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2004, 03:50:11 PM »
Have just returned from another great holiday in Arillas we could not wait to book again.
I have booked a two bedroom appt at the Makris next May and are taking our daughter and two grandchildren.  I wish I'd taken a peep at the property while we were there.  I walked past it several times.
What is is like now they have the new pool and bar? Is there a chldrens' pool area?
Does anyone have any photos?
Only 7 months until we fly!!

Offline harold

• Forum Fanatic
Pool at Makris ?
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2004, 04:37:45 PM »
The rooms at the Makris are quiet basic,but very roomy and plenty of hot water,they are situated in a nice peaceful area of quiet Arillas(we have stayed there twice).the pool area looked quiet nice
Harold,

Offline ANN

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
Pool at Makris ?
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2005, 02:36:43 PM »
Is there a childrens' pool area at the Makris?
Oh and Mum wants to know if she will have a kettle!

Offline harold

• Forum Fanatic
Pool at Makris ?
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2005, 08:21:15 AM »
hello Ann,
not to sure about the kettle,but most places do supply some sort of thing to boil water,either an electric kettle or a little pan with a longish handle.I do know that when Sally and i stayed there they did not have an electric kettle(we always take a little electric travel kettle with us).No idea about the kiddies pool,Manos should know,i would have though.
Harold,

Offline lloyd1

Pool at makris
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2005, 02:21:53 AM »
I stayed a the Makris last year the week after the pool had been finished.  Its great for cooling down after the walk home from the beach!!  The small pool bar also makes some really good food if you cant be bothered going somehwere else!

Offline harold

• Forum Fanatic
Pool at Makris ?
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2005, 10:29:35 AM »
Hello lloyd1 welcome to the web site i hope you enjoy it as much as the rest of us.
Harold,

Offline vivian

• Vivian
  • ARILLIAC
  • Stay Nude it ant Rude
    • http://www.holmvalley.com
Pool at Makris ?
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2005, 09:43:08 AM »
Hi lloyd1, welcome to the forum, it's a bit like a bug your get bitten just like the rest of us. Viv

Stay Nude it ante rude

Offline sue

• Forum Fanatic
Pool at Makris ?
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2005, 03:06:39 PM »
i agree
i have to come on everyday
suexx

Booking.com