Author Topic: Corfu flights  (Read 4211 times)

Offline annie

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Super Member {over 100 posts}
Corfu flights
« on: August 02, 2006, 10:00:46 PM »
Who does the best value for money flights to corfu?
Where do they fly from?
When is the best time to book them?

Offline Eileen

• ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
    • http://www.villalinakis.com
Re: Corfu flights
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2006, 10:11:04 PM »
Hello Annie,

Which airport(s) would you prefer to fly from?

Eileen.

Offline annie

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2006, 10:33:39 PM »
I would like a midalnd flight ie Birmingham, East Mids or at a push luton or Stanstead
Annie

Offline Eileen

• ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
    • http://www.villalinakis.com
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2006, 01:39:49 AM »
Hello Annie,

I'm really only familiar with flights to Corfu leaving from Glasgow and Newcastle so I really cannot advise you on the airports of your choice.

I know that for myself www.xl.com offer the best fares from N'castle/Glas, the flight times are not always great, but I like the prices!

You will find that they fly from your preferred airports Birmingham and East Mids.

I know that I mentioned it earlier elsewhere, but when doing a search online at XL type 'Telegraph' into the special offers box to gain another £15 discount each.

The longer you can hang on the lower the prices.  At XL you can search online for a maximum of 9 adults & 9 children, therefore if it shows availability you know that there are at least 18 seats.  I did this all week when waiting on the prices dropping, but when they went down so low today I decided to go for it. If the availability was not there for 18 passengers then I would have had to make the decision to book earlier at the dearer price.  Maybe this is too much hassle for some people, but it does mean that you can get at least a couple of breaks a year for the price of one.

Take a look at their website to get an idea of their late availabililty/prices from your airports this weekend.

Eileen.

Offline Lozicle

• Arillas Addict
  • That's me :)
    • http://www.myspace.com/lozicle
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2006, 11:21:08 AM »
Every flight I seem to find racks up to about 400 quid for 2 ppl from Birmingham :/

Offline JCC

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2006, 11:39:24 AM »
Hi Annie

This year we have gone with Monarch, normally we do go with XL who are very good, but this time Monarch were cheaper. The only drawback to this is they have altered the flight from 7am to 11am so you have to be careful about your flight times.  XL fly from Manchester too, you have to search around  it's worth keeping a check to see what is happening and what is available.you could try www.cheapestflight.com we use this site quite a lot.

Hope you find what you want

JCC

Offline annie

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2006, 10:36:06 PM »
Hi Eileen

Thanks for your info it is really useful
Annie

Booking.com