Author Topic: Dogfishing!  (Read 6520 times)

Offline Inca

Dogfishing!
« on: July 28, 2006, 11:37:41 PM »
Late every afternoon a black, Labrador type dog paddled into the sea by the jetty and spent literally hours watching, wading and occasionally trying to catch the fish swimming around his legs. He provided us with endless entertainment.  Anyone else notice him?

Offline Mick and Jill

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Forum Fanatic
Re: Dogfishing!
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2006, 12:46:14 AM »
Hi

He is the son of the dog in my log on picture Shadow who belonged to Portofino.  He must be about 3/4 years old now, he is lovely natured just like his Dad was.  When we were over in May he spent the whole day in the sea.  What a life he has, wonder if he would like to swop

Jill
Jill XXX

Offline Lisa and Steve

• JustLisa
  • Forum Fanatic
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2006, 09:37:40 PM »
I remember Shadow. He was a lovely boy,such a shame.Have you seen Georges new pup at Helens? He is a little sweetie.

Offline carol

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2006, 11:10:26 PM »
I remember seeing a black lab 2 years ago paddling in the sea around sunset!!what a life  ;)   cx
Im going to become to nanna for the first time in February cx

Offline spibby195

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2006, 08:02:47 PM »
Late every afternoon a black, Labrador type dog paddled into the sea by the jetty and spent literally hours watching, wading and occasionally trying to catch the fish swimming around his legs. He provided us with endless entertainment.  Anyone else notice him?

Yes  I was in Arillas for the first time this year 11 - 19 July and watched the dog on several occasions always in the same spot in the sea - very entertaining ! He also led the group of dogs that ran for cover up the alley by the side of Helenes when the fireworks went off during the Greek evening on 16 July !  I was sitting outside Helenes at the time and have never seen dogs move so fast in single file !  I loved Arillas and am coming back with the rest of  my family in approx 1 weeks time and can't wait.

Offline sinbads little girl

• Silver Medal {over 40 posts}
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2006, 01:56:12 PM »
while there we saw lots of diffrent dogs but only 4 of them went in the water not sure of the colour or type but I'm sure ill remember next year to keep an eye out.

Offline Mick and Jill

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2006, 07:13:56 PM »
He was still playing in the sea last week while we were there.  Tail was wagging as he tried catching teh fish, like you say what a life - wouldn't mind it myself
Jill XXX

Booking.com