Author Topic: Do you think someone is following you  (Read 2235 times)

Offline kevin-beverly

• ARILLIAC
Do you think someone is following you
« on: October 30, 2023, 05:10:14 PM »

Hi

When you walk around Arillas especially in the dark parts of Arillas like the Back road going back to the Tria
It’s spooky

Halloween or Hallowe'en (less commonly known as Allhalloween, All Hallows' Eve, or All Saints' Eve) is a celebration observed in many countries on 31 October, the eve of the Western Christian feast of All Saints' Day. It begins the observance of Allhallowtide, the time in the liturgical year dedicated to remembering the dead, including saints (hallows), martyrs, and all the faithful departed.

One theory holds that many Halloween traditions were influenced by Celtic harvest festivals, particularly the Gaelic festival Samhain, which are believed to have pagan roots.Some go further and suggest that Samhain may have been Christianized as All Hallow's Day, along with its eve, by the early Church.Other academics believe Halloween began solely as a Christian holiday, being the vigil of All Hallow's Day. Celebrated in Ireland and Scotland for centuries, Irish and Scottish immigrants took many Halloween customs to North America in the 19th century, and then through American influence various Halloween customs spread to other countries by the late 20th and early 21st century.

Popular Halloween activities include trick-or-treating (or the related guising and souling), attending Halloween costume parties, carving pumpkins or turnips into jack-o'-lanterns, lighting bonfires, apple bobbing, divination games, playing pranks, visiting haunted attractions, telling scary stories, and watching horror or Halloween-themed films. Some people practice the Christian observances of All Hallows' Eve, including attending church services and lighting candles on the graves of the dead,although it is a secular celebration for others. Some Christians historically abstained from meat on All Hallows' Eve, a tradition reflected in the eating of certain vegetarian foods on this vigil day, including apples, potato pancakes, and soul cakes.

HISTORY

Christian origins and historic customs
Halloween is thought to have influences from Christian beliefs and practices.The English word 'Halloween' comes from "All Hallows' Eve", being the evening before the Christian holy days of All Hallows' Day (All Saints' Day) on 1 November and All Souls' Day on 2 November. Since the time of the early Church, major feasts in Christianity (such as Christmas, Easter and Pentecost) had vigils that began the night before, as did the feast of All Hallows'.These three days are collectively called Allhallowtide and are a time when Western Christians honour all saints and pray for recently departed souls who have yet to reach Heaven. Commemorations of all saints and martyrs were held by several churches on various dates, mostly in springtime. In 4th-century Roman Edessa it was held on 13 May, and on 13 May 609, Pope Boniface IV re-dedicated the Pantheon in Rome to "St Mary and all martyrs".
This was the date of Lemuria, an ancient Roman festival of the dead.

I have photos to say this is true

Kev

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
Re: Do you think someone is following you
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2023, 05:13:19 PM »
Keviv
It's not spooky . It's all in the mind!!!
I used to think I was a Werewolf but I' allright knooooooooowwwwwwwwww!!
Negg

Offline Erja

• Beer Quality controler
  • ARILLIAC
  • Royal Ionian Gold...amber nectar, only better ;)
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2023, 08:29:19 PM »
Spooky times! el Día de Muertos or el Día de los Muertos on the Boss birthday tomorrow. 8)

And let's all drink to absent friends and family - we still  love them all. Yamas, Cheers, Kippis & Salut!
Life is good ;)

Offline kevin-beverly

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2023, 09:06:26 AM »

HI

The Halloween pumpkin is hollowed out and cut in order to create a grimacing face and is lit from the inside with a small candle. The carved Halloween pumpkin celebrates the memory of lost souls. It always gave rise to many legends such as the legend of Jack O' Lantern.
In Ireland, people started to carve demonic faces out of turnips to frighten away Jack's wandering soul. When Irish immigrants moved to the U.S., they began carving jack-o'-lanterns from pumpkins, as these were native to the region.

I have took a few 1000 pics around Corfu from the top middle and bottom.
I put the pics on my external hard drive then check them out in the last few years a few pics have got unexplained images so this year i let Billy use the camera we looked at them all ok till i put them on my computer two had images

I have been to Vidos a very old isolated remains of the prison if you look left hand corner a skull with an axe in it

DEAD POOL

YANNI LOOKS ROUGH

HEAD OF THE TABLE

DONT LOSE YOUR HEAD KEEP CALM

DEAD SEA

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2023, 09:16:04 AM »
Very good, Kevin
Negg

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2023, 03:00:59 PM »
Yes mate , very impressed mate . You need to get a new photo of me though as that one of me eating a Friends Gyros in Lesvos is about 15 years old. Second thoughts , keep it , reminds me that I was 40 once !   
Oh and its well worth visiting the island PURELY for a Friends kebab folks , best Gyros ever without a doubt !
Wolverhampton Wanderers, pride of The Midlands......

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2023, 03:57:24 PM »
Someone followed me all the way home today !!!
In my rear view mirror I could see this face shouting at me!!!

When I got home I found out it was some poor old guy who got his shopping bag tangled up on my bumper when I reversed at the supermarket.

I did give him a lift home though and replaced his trainers as the soles were totally worn out!!

Cheers
Negg

Offline kevin-beverly

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2023, 04:00:06 PM »

What is white, black and dead all over? A zombie trick or treating in a tuxedo

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2023, 06:12:03 PM »