Author Topic: We're back!!  (Read 2859 times)

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
We're back!!
« on: July 04, 2006, 04:59:24 PM »
Just want to say Hi to everyone we met at the Galini over the last couple of weeks.   Steve and Brenda, Jodie and Hannah and the two lovely grannies, Pete and Mary, Evie and Peter, Ian and Helen and little William... Barry and Linda (who are still sunning themselves around the pool this week) and Lisa and Steve who have booked to go back lucky things!  Costa kept us entertained during the world cup and Jagorda kept us supplied with drunks (sorry drinks!), Davey, Susan and their little girls, all lovely people. (hope I havent left anyone out!).

We are a bit reluctant to speak too highly of the place as so many will want to go and try it out for themselves and we cant all fit in...  Come on Brenda and Jodie - get cracking! (you will know what I am on about).

It was our first visit to Arillas and can see why everyone keeps going back.   We have nothing negative to say about the resort only the 10 -15 min. 'trek' back to our accommodation at the Galini after being on a hot beach all day was a killer.  Fantastic weather, fantastic accommodation, fantastic resort and all in all it was pretty 'good'....we met a really lovely group of people staying at the Galini which was very relaxing and everyone was very friendly. The local restaurants are brilliant and  our personal favourites were the Captains, run by Mike, his wife is a brilliant cook (English breakfasts were the best)  and Angela the waitress was a good sport with all the teasing she got about the 'homemade moussaka', Vasillas fish restaurant, Thassalas  (lovely posh plates)..... Brouklis sardines are wonderful and we got to meet Demtrius too.

Looking forward now to being able to return sometime.   
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Offline evie % peter

Re: We're back!!
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2006, 06:55:44 PM »
Hi Sue and Mike just read your post you beat me to it but i couldn't have put it better what a wonderfull holiday made all the more special by the people we met at the gallini.I will not name you all again as sue has mentioned everyone, but thanks to everyone for making it a holiday to remember. Hope to see you all sometime

Peter & Evie

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2006, 01:40:05 AM »
Hi Peter and Evie, Glad you got back safe and sound!  Weather has been pretty grotty here in Surrey this week, wished we were back in Arillas.     Have a great time spoiling that new grandchild of yours!   Sue

Offline brenda n john

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2006, 08:32:16 PM »
Hi Sue and Mike. We also have arrived safely back to the far north. Hope your big bears knee is feeling better. Just like to thank you both and all the rest of the happy campers at Galini. We all really enjoyed our holiday and all the people we talked to helped to make it one we will remember.  Best wishes to all   Brenda.

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2006, 12:12:29 PM »
Hi Brenda and John

So pleased you have got registered!!  We had a great time didnt we?  Glad you got home ok.  I had an email from Jodie and sent her some photos..

Big Bear's knee is slightly better and waiting for results of x-ray.  Hope we can get back to Arillias and finish the walk we started to Afionos, we would have loved to have got to the top of the hill but perhaps next time!  He was funny with his ski stix wasnt he?  Love to all  Sue and Mike

Booking.com