Author Topic: LBA to Corfu  (Read 2306 times)

Offline Karen/Colin

• Arillas Addict
LBA to Corfu
« on: May 31, 2022, 02:06:49 PM »
We're flying out in 28 days 🤞. I have been watching the LBA departures the last few Tuesdays. This morning was over an hour late. Does anyone staying in Arillas have any updates on the queueing situation for security at LBA particularly for the Tues morning flight with Jet2? Just wanting a heads up really, we are planning to arrive 3hrs before departure.
This is our first time back since 2019, just getting a bit excited now, especially as on line check in opened today 😀.
Karen

Offline Donpipez

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
Re: LBA to Corfu
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2022, 11:57:08 AM »
Hi

We'd be interested in any feedback on this too - Flying from LBA Thursday 30th & getting a bit twitchy.

Flew to Menorca from East Midlands with our Son & Family 2 weeks ago - Got there 3 hours before check in & absolutely no need.

Arrival back into East Midlands though was horrendous - Took us an hour to get through passport control.

Karen/Colin - How do you monitor departures please?

Thanks

Neil & Jill

Offline Donpipez

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2022, 12:02:27 PM »
Hi Karen/Colin

Took a look on the LBA website - Clicked on Flight info - Gives departure time & then actual take off time - Thanks We'll keep an eye on this.

Neil & Jill

Offline Donpipez

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2022, 12:07:35 PM »
Took another look on the LBA website & they are quoting £5 each for Fast Track Security.

For a Tenner it may be worth a punt??

Thoughts anyone?

Thanks

Neil & Jill

Offline Karen/Colin

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2022, 01:09:25 PM »
Hi. I have a flight radar app. Good to see flights are only taking about 3hrs.
Not sure about fast track, we had heard that so many people buying fast track passes that their queue was as long as those without the pass. I wonder if anyone on here has any further info. There will be 6 of us & all are under strict instructions to take as little as possible in hand luggage to try to speed our passage through.
Karen

Online RIL8

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2022, 01:41:35 PM »
Hi We flew out on 19 May from LBA. Got to airport for 04.00 and joined security queue at entrance doors next to Jet2 check in area. We did twilight check in the night before to save some time. It then took 2 hours from there to get through security. Lots of staff working very hard to get people through but lots of passengers not being organised when they get to font of queue so having empty pockets take iPads and phone out of cases etc. To be honest the security staff work working flat out either all scanners open but unfortunately for them it was like herding cats. Jet2 staff were working the queue to make sure that everyone got through on time but no one from the other air lines. We departed almost on time. Return flight was delayed 90 mins due to them missing the take off slot then having to wait for a new slot. But as we arrived back late we were the only aircraft so passport control was quickest I have ever had. Trust this helps and enjoy your holiday.

Cheers Ril8

Offline Donpipez

« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2022, 06:03:15 PM »
Cheers RIL8 (Sorry don't know your name)

Think well probably do the same - Staying overnight at hotel so could drop off bags on our way there.

Could you tell me where the Jet2 Twilight Drop Off is please? - I'm presuming it's Hall B Bag drop off but would like to know prior rather than searching when I get there.

Thanks in advance.....

Neil & Jill

Online RIL8

« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2022, 10:04:25 AM »
Hi guys

Yes it’s in hall B to the left hand side of the row of check in desks they had 3 desks open when we arrived at 15.00 took us about 10mins. The twilight service starts at 15.00 to 20.00. One of my friends went at 17.00 on Sunday but it took him over an hour due to lots of other flights still checking in.

Hope this helps.

Cheers Ril8 (Allan)

Offline Karen/Colin

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2022, 11:16:39 AM »
Looks like the flight was virtually on time this morning. My son & his girlfriend flew to Porto last night from Manchester with Ryanair & had a 2hr delay so won't have got to their accommodation until at least 3am.
Karen

Offline Donpipez

« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2022, 12:36:47 PM »
Thanks for the info folks

Allan - Well probably get to LBA on the way to our hotel about 7pm - 7.30pm (Finish work @ 5pm & roughly 1Hrs drive from home)

My intention was to leave Jill in the car at the 1Hr free car park whilst I dropped luggage.

I may be cutting it a little fine if it's busy?

We shall have 1 x 25Kg Hold case but was hoping to also drop our 2 x 10Kg carry on cases there too (If I can manage them all on my own!!) - Not sure if I can do this prior to arranging? - No point dropping our hold case & then having to go through check in with our carry on cases.

Thanks Again

Neil & Jill

Offline Me an him

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2022, 06:29:57 PM »
Hi everyone, sorry to just jump in your conversation but do you think it's better to check in the hand luggage as well rather than as carry on?? This is the first time we've used the small cases, normally just chuck it all in !!

Offline Karen/Colin

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2022, 10:51:47 AM »
I think the amount of hand luggage folks take on board certainly slows down the security channels, speaking personally I was held up in Dublin whilst they rescanned my case then had to search it. The object of concern? ..a small star  shaped zip holder on a handbag!
Karen

Offline Donpipez

« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2022, 11:22:33 AM »
Regarding hand luggage - as Jet2 (& Ryanair from memory?) give you allowance for a carry on case and also a smaller carry on we're happy for the cases to go in the hold & use the smaller carry on for our passports, paperwork, phones etc......
Previously at check in we have been given the option to put the carry on cases in the hold if we wish - hoping this will be the case with the Twilight Check in??

Neil & Jill

Booking.com