Author Topic: Cheap Ryanair Flights!  (Read 4634 times)

Offline Jo Wissett

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
Cheap Ryanair Flights!
« on: June 28, 2021, 11:02:17 PM »
Love them or loathe them, Ryanair seem to have been the leaders in getting people to Corfu this year on near empty planes in lots of cases. As I’m getting twitchy about my July 20th EasyJet fight being cancelled I had a quick look. Same day, 1 hour earlier £10 per person. That’s TEN POUNDS!!  I decided to take a gamble and book at that price as a back up. This does mean that I may have 4 useless flights if Bojo doesn’t scrap the quarantine but at east I am going down fighting!

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
Re: Cheap Ryanair Flights!
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2021, 12:38:22 AM »
I like a gamble , this is a very good calculated one 😉 . Good luck Jo
Wolverhampton Wanderers, pride of The Midlands......

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2021, 08:44:39 AM »
Jo
£10 return? - What Airport is that? - A very good back-up.
Negg

Offline Donpipez

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2021, 11:26:11 AM »
£10 - Brilliant!! - It cost me more than that at the weekend for a 10 mile taxi ride.

On the same subject we were due to fly out 11th July but as neither of us can isolate on our return it's not going to happen now.

Our youngest Son is getting married later this Year & due to being committed to these two weeks (Jill is a Childminder & changing dates now would be a nightmare for parents) we cannot change our flights.

I'm going to lose them anyway (unless by a miracle Ryan Air cancel) so if anyone fancies them they are yours free of charge?

I guess there would be an admin fee for name change but not sure how much?

Flying from East Midlands - 11th July @ 07.05 (FR3854) Returning 25th July @ 14.10 (FR3853)

Includes Priority Boarding - Booked Seats - 1 x 20Kg Bag & 2 x Cabin bags.

I'd rather see someone else benefit than just go to waste.

Neil & Jill

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2021, 12:14:36 PM »
That’s £10 one way Eggy I mean Come on return haha? It’s from Manchester

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2021, 03:57:33 PM »
£10 - Brilliant!! - It cost me more than that at the weekend for a 10 mile taxi ride.

On the same subject we were due to fly out 11th July but as neither of us can isolate on our return it's not going to happen now.

Our youngest Son is getting married later this Year & due to being committed to these two weeks (Jill is a Childminder & changing dates now would be a nightmare for parents) we cannot change our flights.

I'm going to lose them anyway (unless by a miracle Ryan Air cancel) so if anyone fancies them they are yours free of charge?

I guess there would be an admin fee for name change but not sure how much?

Flying from East Midlands - 11th July @ 07.05 (FR3854) Returning 25th July @ 14.10 (FR3853)

Includes Priority Boarding - Booked Seats - 1 x 20Kg Bag & 2 x Cabin bags.

I'd rather see someone else benefit than just go to waste.

Neil & Jill

Fair play .....thats really thoughtful  . Good on you 🙂 . I hope someone takes up the offer

Offline Dai

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2021, 04:53:33 PM »
Last weekend despite Tui staff reassuring me my flight from Cardiff on 05 July was definitely going their web site told a different story so I bought a Ryanair flight from East Midlands for £10 each way, though I paid a lot more after adding baggage and a seat. Was told yesterday by Tui that my flight was cancelled, what a surprise, not!
So the refund from just my Tui flight is £10 short of covering my new flight, three weeks parking and an airport hotel for the night before I fly.
So I get an extra nights holiday, in Derbyshire for £10 and the day after I booked my new flight the Ryanair plane from EMA actually flew, and landed in Corfu. Fingers crossed for next Monday.

Offline BAJ

« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2021, 05:26:48 PM »
Love them or loathe them, Ryanair seem to have been the leaders in getting people to Corfu this year on near empty planes in lots of cases. As I’m getting twitchy about my July 20th EasyJet fight being cancelled I had a quick look. Same day, 1 hour earlier £10 per person. That’s TEN POUNDS!!  I decided to take a gamble and book at that price as a back up. This does mean that I may have 4 useless flights if Bojo doesn’t scrap the quarantine but at east I am going down fighting!
Good plan, I’ve now looked at doing a similar thing, did you find out what the costs of adding a case are or upgrading to the plus package after booking? We would need to add these once the original jet2 flights are cancelled.I couldn’t find the answer on their website. Thanks

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2021, 05:44:09 PM »
Just do a dummy run booking and press the plus package option Baz.....

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2021, 05:46:31 PM »
Sorry Baz , I think you mean book the flights now and adding things after.....

Offline BAJ

« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2021, 07:41:22 PM »
Sorry Baz , I think you mean book the flights now and adding things after.....
Yes I do, booking the plus package, which adds a 20kg case is £49.99 each way, at time of booking. Just wondered whether you can add it and what it would cost after booking or whether you can’t with Ryanair and have to pay silly price for luggage per kilo at airport.

Offline Karen/Colin

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2021, 08:43:01 PM »
Good to have a plan B Jo. We should be there now. If I wasn't back at work then I would have bought them off you if easyjet don't cancel.
This time next year we'll be retired so hopefully this will remove some of the stress of having to stick to prebooked annual leave
Karen

Offline BAJ

« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2021, 06:43:24 PM »
Ryanair have lots of flights today for £5, have to book by midnight and travel in July.

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2021, 07:21:10 AM »
Baj Just had a quick look and it looks like £59.99 each way per person! Jesus. That’s for 20k even so it still makes that one way flight £140 in total for 2 so not too bad. Still cheaper than my original. Just hanging on for the announcement of when double jab no quarantine begins 

Offline ValL

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2021, 10:41:50 AM »
After Jet2 cancelled flight, booked with Ryanair £400 cheaper for the two of us. Will more than cover cost of testing   Happy days
Arillas visitor since 2004 🍹☀️

Booking.com