Author Topic: Horizon Hotel open?  (Read 5072 times)

Offline Hellas99

Horizon Hotel open?
« on: May 09, 2021, 07:37:54 PM »
Does anyone know if and when the Horizon Hotel is opening this year?

Thanks.

Offline Jo Wissett

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
Re: Horizon Hotel open?
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2021, 08:02:28 AM »
It was a real miss last year. It felt really strange walking past and not being able to nip in.

Online Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2021, 09:13:04 AM »
Hi Jo !
I didn't know you frequented upper class establishments ! 🤣
Only been in once , not really for me....
Wolverhampton Wanderers, pride of The Midlands......

Offline TerryW

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2021, 10:53:25 PM »
I don't know why people think that the Horizon is an "upper class establishment". It is a  hotel run by a fabulous family and is no more upper class than many other hotels in Arillas.

Offline Dai

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2021, 11:53:22 PM »
Agree Terry, lovely place. I've had many delicious meals there and enjoyed the live music nights there a few years ago when it was a great opportunity to get to know many of the locals who went there after work.
Always a great welcome from Marinos, as you say a lovely family.

Offline soniaP

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2021, 01:01:52 AM »
I know what Truth means. I had my 50th birthday meal there but it is more fine dining so to speak than the more rustic taverna that feel more authentic but did love the food we had. Last year when we walked past there was a chain across so obviously residents only last year. Mad as all their residents will have been going to the shops bars and other tavernas at some point but hindsight a wonderful thing.

Online Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2021, 02:44:31 AM »
Its just not for me , I didn't feel relaxed in there at all . Ofcourse this is just my opinion but just because this is Arillas it doesn't mean you have to like and praise every establishment........
We also saw the chain there last year Sonia and presumed it was saying no non residents allowed.... their choice at the end of the day and I respect that 🙂
Wolverhampton Wanderers, pride of The Midlands......

Online turkeyfoot

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2021, 08:45:29 AM »
Hi
Never been in.
Maybe last years non resident rule was due to Covid?

Geoff
It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than  to speak up and remove all doubt.

Offline Greenbeans

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2021, 09:38:46 AM »
We love going to the Horizon, all the staff are great and have had a lovely experience there. Just popping in for a beer after a morning fishing off the pier or going for an evening meal we were always made welcome. It was sad walking past last year knowing that you couldn't go in, but the big lad with the glasses came to the chain and explained the reason for it being there. We're booked to be back in June and hopefully the Horizon will be back to normal and admitting non residents. 

Offline soniaP

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2021, 04:03:21 PM »
Yeah the non residents rule last year will have been due to covid.

Offline CK

« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2021, 09:03:52 PM »
We love the Horizon, going in for a pre dinner drink ,or a full dinner ,or coffee and brandy after dinner elsewhere. My birthday is in July and its my favourite place in the world to have dinner and watch the sunsetting over the sea.......so missed going last year and now again this year.....but 2022 I will DEFINITELY be there. (flights booked)
All the staff are lovely too, working long hours but always smiling and polite.

Offline billyd

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2021, 01:43:46 PM »
Terry and I have had many a discussion about the Horizon, and we do have an occasional drink there together! I agree with him also the family who run it are great, and we have stayed there a few times, before they removed the self catering part the rooms. But, eating there no longer appeals to me and my better half. It’s more expensive than most Taverna’s and doesn’t advertise food that we are on the lookout for. I guess we are Greek food snobs, we try to eat local food , without chips if we can.

Offline kevin-beverly

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2021, 02:56:22 PM »

Hi

We have never had a meal there I don’t think they have a menu outside to look at
You do not want to go in order drinks then you look at the menu and it is twice as dear
It always looks good

Kev

Offline Karen/Colin

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2021, 06:31:40 PM »
You should definitely try it. Last time we were there some cocktails & aperol spritz was cheaper than the malibu
Karen

Offline raff

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
    • www.ukfitshape.com
« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2021, 12:46:13 PM »
Morning.  The Horizon is definitely open again this year, just received a message. Roll on Saturday!!!!

Booking.com