Author Topic: Greece to ease restictions on UK flights in April  (Read 2021 times)

Offline turkeyfoot

• Forum Fanatic
It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than  to speak up and remove all doubt.

Offline soniaP

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
Re: Greece to ease restictions on UK flights in April
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2021, 11:25:11 PM »
I read this. I do hope we will get on 21st June.  I will be gutted if not but then I did get last year when a lot of arilliacs didnt. I never thought we would be doubting this year again. Madness.

Offline suzy61

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2021, 11:58:44 AM »
Totally agree Sonia...unbelievable!
We missed our 21 night holiday in Arillas last year,staying at Mathraki which should have been a holiday for 14 of us to celebrate a 30th,50th and 60th birthday. We still managed to have different celebrations but we were all so looking forward to being altogether in Arillas. Unfortunately, we can't all have the same time off work this year and some members of the family's circumstances have changed so I booked for just me and the hubby.
We have again booked for 21 nights in July but have since read that holidays might not go ahead until August despite the fact that both of us will have received our second jab!
Fingers crossed.

Offline turkeyfoot

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2021, 01:28:28 PM »
Hi

It is annoying when we still dont know about our holiday dates.

Despite our vaccination success it will now  will  be dependent on the EU vaccine rollout. Its seems countries cant wait to welcome us  to boost their economies.

The fear from our side is that even is you have had the vaccine, you may pick up the virus or a new strain, and bring it back into the UK.
Despite more and more data that shows the transmission rate after vaccination is very low, its still not 100% effective.

Imagine the outcry, if  the virus continues spreading throughout the EU, and  Johnson allows travel in June, only to have an increase in death and infection rates attributed to returning tourists, leading to another lockdown.

The goods news is I have booked my haircut for April 12th, and my second jab date has  been bought forward 4 weeks to Good Friday and with the pubs opening, April will be a good month.

Keep safe

Geoff
It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than  to speak up and remove all doubt.

Offline turkeyfoot

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2021, 06:08:59 PM »
Hi
Just remembered the gym and swimming pool also open in April
A very good April in deed

Geoff

Booking.com