Author Topic: EasyJet vouchers  (Read 2556 times)

Offline turkeyfoot

• Forum Fanatic
EasyJet vouchers
« on: March 17, 2021, 10:07:23 AM »
Hi
Maybe of interest to some:

Thousands of Easyjet passengers whose credit vouchers are due to expire in the next few months have had their end date extended due to ongoing uncertainty around international travel.

Normally, you have a year from these vouchers being issued to use them to book an alternative flight (though the flight can be taken later). But Easyjet has extended those that expire on or before 30 June 2021 by six months because lots of vouchers are coming up to a year from issue yet disruption is still rife so many customers are unsure what to do with them.

As we say above, you just need to use the voucher by its expiry date to book a flight, but that trip can be taken at any time in the future, up to the point at which Easyjet is selling flights for, which is currently 30 September 2022.

Passengers don't need to do anything to get this extension - Easyjet says it's in the process of contacting affected customers. Of course, do contact Easyjet if you've heard nothing in the next few weeks. Sadly, vouchers expiring after 30 June 2021 will not be extended.

Geoff
It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than  to speak up and remove all doubt.

Offline ger

• Forum Fanatic
Re: EasyJet vouchers
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2021, 01:48:21 PM »
This week we heard from easyjet that our flight re booked from last may to this may had been cancelled. Here we go again we thought! We could not change our flights on line as we had opted for the voucher last time and that had to be booked by phone through customer service ( last time it took us over 3 hours to get it done!)
So here we go again, we got through within minutes the guy could not have been more helpful, we asked to re schedule our flights, he did it all for us, the process was so quick and easy and within minutes we had new flights for September. Hopefully that will be third time lucky!!!he did tell us we could have vouchers but not a refund for the full amount, only for the extra we had to pay last time, we were happy we could just move our flights to be honest, so fingers crossed we will get to arillas later in the year x

Offline turkeyfoot

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2021, 02:39:15 PM »
Hi Ger
Think that September holidays will be fine now that the vaccine programs in the U.K. are storming ahead, despite a possible blip soon, and hopefully the EU will be somewhere near controlling their recent Covid increases once their vaccination programs starts to roll out.

Myself, I am not even optimistic for June,  so expect to miss our Skiathos trip again

Very hopeful for September to Arillas though.

Take care
Geoff
It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than  to speak up and remove all doubt.

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2021, 03:53:39 PM »
Mate of mine , who booked a package holiday with Jet2 to Croatia at the end of July , has had it cancelled today!!!
I was amazed..... surely thats very premature 🙁
Wolverhampton Wanderers, pride of The Midlands......

Offline turkeyfoot

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2021, 04:40:24 PM »
Mate of mine , who booked a package holiday with Jet2 to Croatia at the end of July , has had it cancelled today!!!
I was amazed..... surely thats very premature 🙁
[/quot
Hi
I assume that as several of the EU bloc are currently experiencing a start of their third  wave of Covid they are taking a calculated risk in changing their schedules now.
France has locked down Paris and suberbs for another another month, Greece, Italy, Germany for example are suffering at present .
Croatia  have had  255,619 cases. To date they have had 6426 deaths and 79 in last 7 days. So compared with many they are not doing to bad, but things are getting worse. So far they have vaccinated 3.7% of the population

Geoff

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2021, 06:32:27 PM »
It probaby is in fairness but cancelling four months in advance seems a bit hasty to me....  Things change quickly as we have all learned through this.

Offline turkeyfoot

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2021, 10:14:34 AM »
Hi

Another reason I have heard as to why flights and holidays are being cancelled months in advance is that operators released their schedules very early for 2020/1 and 2021/2 very early. This was done so as to boost their  income from early bookings.

Apparently though this was done before the landing/takeoff slots had been confirmed . Consequently the schedules are now having to be changed in line with reality.
Some do not even have enough aeroplanes after cancelling leases etc. Do they reinvest or not in these still uncertain times?

Another issue is staff. There is curently not enough to maintain their proposed schedules after making so many redundencies. The gamble is do they increase staffing levels again or not.

True or not, dont really know.

Keep safe

Geoff

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2021, 07:11:41 PM »
Its all madness mate 🙁

Offline turkeyfoot

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2021, 09:45:49 AM »
Hi

As reported in todays press. BA and easyJet are cancelling holidays in July and August.

The carriers insist the cancellations are simply part of a routine review of flight schedules.

Keep safe

Geoff

Booking.com