Author Topic: Scooter Rental  (Read 4695 times)

Offline Trevor

Scooter Rental
« on: June 19, 2006, 11:37:31 PM »
Hi there, i am going to Arillas next week and was wondering if there is any place where you can hire scooters from and what documents you will need? Regards Trev

Offline jenna

• Silver Medal {over 40 posts}
  • Me And Chris
Scooter Rental
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2006, 01:43:24 AM »
There has been previous postings about scooter hire in Arillas.  Clcik on the link below.  If I remember correctly, all you need is your drivers license and passport to hire a scooter.

http://www.wishingwell.gr/arillas/viewtopic.php?t=1052

Offline jenna

• Me And Chris
Re: Scooter Rental
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2006, 06:54:12 PM »
Since the forum got updated, the link you need to click on has changed to:
http://wishingwell.gr/arillas_corfu/index.php?topic=1052.0

Offline Arron

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2006, 11:50:41 PM »
Hi fella, i hired a scooter for 7 years running and all you need is your driving license and passport, they will probably keep your passport until you give the bike back.

Just be carefull fella.

Offline Lozicle

• Arillas Addict
  • That's me :)
    • http://www.myspace.com/lozicle
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2006, 12:42:30 AM »
We rented a scooter through Arillas Travel from Spiros Scooters in San Stefanos. Had to provide passport and driving licence but they didn't keep either. It was a cracking little thing and did us proud for nipping to the beach and back :)

Offline sheila

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2006, 04:17:53 PM »
We hired a scooter last September for a few days and went everwhere, makes you appreciate Arillas even more. There are lots of lovely places but none as perfect as Arillas.
SHEILA

Offline chrissyUK

« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2006, 06:42:51 PM »
Just reading through the forum and came across this post!..
 I was shocked to read....

"Hi fella, i hired a scooter for 7 years running and all you need is your driving license and passport, they will probably keep your passport until you give the bike back"

The only time I have ever handed my passport over to police was on a train journey from switzerland through italy to frnch riveara  and as we were on a night sleeper the Italian police collected all passports  for safety over night and returned them at the crack of dawn.

It is my understanding that you should never give anyone yr passport unless it is official?
regards,
Chrissy

Offline jenna

• Me And Chris
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2006, 02:33:27 AM »
When we hired a scooter through Arkokal Travel in Arillas, they only requested to see our driving license and passport at the time of booking and write down our passport number and driving license number, they did not keep any of them.  Don't know where Arron hired from but I would be a little wary too if they keep your passport.

Offline Fiona

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Arillas Addict
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2006, 07:56:32 PM »
We hired a quad from Arkokal travel and a car from Arillas travel during the last fortnight and neither kept the passport!!

Fiona

Booking.com