Author Topic: Spain - v - Greece  (Read 3328 times)

Offline Donpipez

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
Spain - v - Greece
« on: July 29, 2020, 04:02:11 PM »
Hi Folks

We are due to fly out a week Tomorrow and was wondering what everyone's view is on the possibility of a repeat of what we've seen in Spain?

Personally I believe Greece has managed the pandemic very well and with the ongoing precautions and random testing of visitors hopefully we'll not see a spike significant enough to make our Government panic & bring in mandatory quarantine on our return but who knows?

To make matters worse my firm have now confirmed that if we do need to quarantine I will not be paid my salary nor receive SSP!!

We have tried so hard this Year to get back to Arillas with numerous amendments to our dates and as things stand we are still set on flying.

Apart from the actual flight we weren't too worried regarding actually catching the virus (Although we obviously still are and will carry on taking precautions - We have been tested twice and will have another just before we fly) but must admit the speed at which the decision to cancel the air bridge to Spain was taken has worried me.

Thanks & Take Care

Neil & Jill

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
Re: Spain - v - Greece
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2020, 06:16:17 PM »
Greece / Corfu are doing a grand job . right now
I believe that just the smallest problem makes local authorities look ahead. Now masks are compulsory in not only supermarkets but chemists , offices , tobacco shops etc. (Extra protection for all)

Corfu/Arillas is really a "world away" and will remain as long as visitors , all nationalities, follow safety guidelines , which I am pleased to say is happening.

Right now , Donipez , unless we get a large boat load, full of poor covid sufferers , sneaking in under the radar, Corfu is one of the best bets, for a good holiday, that you will find.
(My opinion and I used to be a "pro gambler" for a living. - (Get the odds in yer favour)

Stay well and see ya very soon. I'm the guy with 4 layers of black masks, sunglasses , snorkel and white radioactive shorts!!

Cheers
Negg

Offline Jo Wissett

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2020, 08:11:42 AM »
I think everyone is concerned how rapidly decisions are made and the serious impact this could have on us all.

If you look at the latest statistics, Greece was BY FAR the safest destination in terms of infection rates. I think Corfu will get busier and busier With Spain lovers changing their booking s to Greece.

Whether that turns out well we will just have to wait and see which is how this pandemic has been from the start.

In other news one of my son‘s  Max turned up in the Coconut on Tuesday to surprise me! Took him and his mates to Brouklis last night which was as amazing as ever. I don’t ever want to go home!!

Offline JohnTheRef&Dot

• ARILLIAC
  • First star to the right and straight on to Arillas
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2020, 03:58:26 PM »
My sons partner came back from visiting her mother in Valencia a week before isolation was imposed for people coming back from Spain.
It was the first time she had been home since last year and she was so happy to be able to visit her mom.

She said that in the main spanish people were doing as they were told and carrying out social distancing and doing what they needed to do.
The Spanish police ensure that recommendations are met and arrests and fines issued as and when people do not.
However she said that lifting of the lockdown there has led to people becoming complacent and young foreign tourists are not helping as their guard is down due to being on holiday.

The increase in cases has caused our Government to impose isolation for people returning from Spain. The government has not changed its point on the matter and has always said that this could be the case.
This also applies to travel to any other country and as a holiday maker you should be aware that any holiday you take at the moment these rules apply.
People returning from Spain complaining about Isolating knew the situation before they traveled.
They will be the first to complain in a months time if there is a sharp rise in cases.
As Jo said infection rates in Greece are low and is one of the best places to travel too. As long as precautions are met and infection remains low then there should not be a problem, but If a sharp increase should happen then you should be prepared to isolate upon your return.

Have a Great holiday and donr let your guard drop keep safe keep the locals safe and all will be well

Offline kevin-beverly

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2020, 05:37:49 PM »

Hi jo

Did you have your favourite in the Brouklis the lovely lamb chops

Kevin

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2020, 05:48:55 PM »
Kevin
Well , they were in Brouklis so they were all in Greece. - Slippery lamb chops , Dimitris??

Cannot answer the "Spanish ISO" question as do not know enough concrete info to comment.

But .... once again it spoils "chill out holidays"  for those who work very hard to achieve them.

Negg

Offline turkeyfoot

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2020, 07:41:48 PM »
Hi
For your info. As of AM today the top five world wide countries for deaths per million of population:

Beluim 861.14
UK 691.26
Spain 608.71
Peru 588.2
Italy 581.3

Some news reports say that the UK will put Belguim on the red list soon
Scotland have put Luxemburg on the red list today

Geoff
It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than  to speak up and remove all doubt.

Offline kevin-beverly

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2020, 08:42:18 AM »

Hi Neil

Have You been on the devils drink
I asked Jo if she had lamb chops

Kev

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2020, 09:04:02 AM »
I think it would be Spain 3-0 Greece in all honesty ………
Oh sorry I though we were talking football !   lol
Wolverhampton Wanderers, pride of The Midlands......

Offline kevin-beverly

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2020, 04:56:13 PM »

Hi

Well done truth yes 3-0 to Spain
And the mid fielder Eggy taken off for Greece hasn’t got a clue where he is ⚽️ Or🍺 haha

Kevin

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2020, 06:16:48 PM »
Boggle , as the mind does!!
Negg

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2020, 08:56:32 AM »
I can confirm that the lamb chops are still as utterly divine as ever and I truly have no idea how i do not get gout with the all the red meat I have over here!

Booking.com