Author Topic: Sad news  (Read 3241 times)

Offline philandanne

Sad news
« on: July 20, 2020, 01:23:34 AM »
It is with a heavy heart that I would like to inform you all that my wonderful husband and soulmate died yesterday - our 39th Wedding anniversary - of heart failure.
As many of you know, he had a heart bypass operation, 7 years ago, this life changing event made us retire from the business we loved. We bought a campervan and set out with our dog Poppy on our maiden voyage to Arillas. We made the same journey every year since, apart from this year because Phil was shielding at home in N E Lincs as a result of COPD and Diabetes.
We made some wonderful memories together in our retirement, Arillas each Spring, summer UK and Winter in France and Spain.
Poppy and I will hopefully make the journey next Spring with our family, to scatter his ashes in our favourite place on earth.
Sweet dreams my Darling, until we are re-united ♥ ♥ ♥

Offline DaisysMum

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
    • http://www.crazydaisyjewellery.com/
Re: Sad news
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2020, 01:34:21 AM »
Sending you condolences on the loss of your soul mate Phil.  I used to enjoy reading your daily reports when you and Phil and Poppy made your early season visits.  I hope that in time you will get great comfort from the wonderful memories that you have made  together xxx

Offline Steph ~

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Arillas Addict
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2020, 09:58:49 AM »
Oh Anne, I'm so very sorry to read this very sad news.
I loved reading the blog of your travels to and around Arillas.
Hold tight to all those wonderful memories you have of your years together. In time they will bring comfort and smiles instead of tears.  Thinking of you and your family & friends  xx

Offline Ann K

• Arillas Addict
  • Arillas! Arillas! Arillas!
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2020, 12:05:36 PM »
So sorry to hear this sad news.  Your posts made us feel like we were there with you and knew you, even though we only met briefly once.  Out thoughts are with you.
Ann x

Offline Barry

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2020, 12:52:35 PM »
Sad news indeed. Loved to follow your adventures on getting to Arillas.
Saw you around a few times whilst we were there.
Hope you find some comfort from all the happy memories.

Barry  and Christine.

Offline vivian

• Vivian
  • ARILLIAC
  • Stay Nude it ant Rude
    • http://www.holmvalley.com
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2020, 05:45:03 PM »
Hi Anne, I know you know how we felt about you both, but just wanted to say, Since our first meeting in Bardis sun until our last meeting when you came to Hornsea to see us last summer, we have found both yourself and Phil great company. Giving us loads of laughs. We are both very sad about Phil. We send our love and condolences to you and the family.

Stay Nude it ante rude

Offline harold

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2020, 06:11:12 PM »
deepest condolences to you from both Sally and I
Harold,
Theres only one Altrincham FC

Offline soniaP

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2020, 06:59:55 PM »
So sorry for your loss Anne. I also loved reading your blogs.  You had such great times together there. Sending my love.

Offline ger

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2020, 10:39:05 PM »
Deepest condolences Anne,
We loved reading your blog, so glad you had the opportunity to travel together to your special place xx

Offline CK

« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2020, 09:56:38 PM »
My deepest sympathies,  I too loved reading your blogs on travelling to Arillas , memories are the real treasures we acquire through life and I hope all your lovely times in Arillas will comfort you  ....

Booking.com