Author Topic: Concerned about "Goins On"  (Read 3423 times)

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
Concerned about "Goins On"
« on: July 18, 2020, 05:52:17 PM »
Be aware , that from today , face masks are compulsory when visiting Supermarkets. Please also bear in mind that Chemists and other shops may follow suit.
It is well known that a few people are coming in "Under the Radar." I know of one person , isolated in America but not a resident, who came to Corfu via 4 different Airports. This was a few days ago and is not a rumour as the info came from a local friend who has secured a Summer job with him. This does not help our cause as many new faces are looked at with trepidation. And how do I feel now sitting with this local and sharing a beer??
Ryanair - I know of 2 people who came in , from the UK, 5 weeks ago , via a different Airport to Athens. Yes they went through isolation procedures so all must be well?
and.....a full plane from Manchester? - WOTSALLTHATABOOT? - Everyone on that flight must have my full admiration as 3 hours, with a mask on, possibly not knowing who is next to you?? Not a flight I would like, so full marks for those going through that stress.
Bottom line, for me, is the "New Normal" will be a hard normal to get along with.
The extra work that all businesses here have to achieve to ensure "Social Distancing etc" is met is unbelievable. Wiping Salt/Pepper pots down after use, and how do you govern the two metre rule in a swimming pool?? And kids are kids. They make friends with other kids and do what they do in a pool.
I rant on but, as I say this "New Normal" will take a lot of getting used to. I will probably carry a long bamboo cane, with a glove on , to shake hands with all my pals, who are soon to arrive from the UK.
(But I still look forward to giving Erja a hug - Tis a gamble but someone gotta do it!!)
Cheers
Negg

Offline soniaP

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
Re: Concerned about "Goins On"
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2020, 06:45:12 PM »
I will know who is next to me on the plane . My husband on one side and daughter on the other. Planes are safe as the air is renewed every 6 minutes.  Recently a couple flew from Jamaica and tested positive once home.  They tracked every person on that flight and not one other person tested positive. 

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2020, 06:48:22 PM »
Sonia... that's good to know. - We are still a little "in the dark" here and welcome any UK news.
Cheers for this
Negg

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2020, 06:51:00 PM »
It’s very hard Eggy but what you have to realise is that us in the UK have had to go about our lives knowing that there is a very real chance that the next Person in the supermarket queue could be infected or carrying the virus. So we have got used to the new normal of social distancing. We respect it totally and know that it’s the best way we have to keep ourselves and everyone else safe as well as the hand washing. It’s going to be one of the hardest things ever not to hug all our friends in Arillas but not as hard as not hugging our own parents. It’s the new way of life and it’s something we have to endure unfortunately but don’t worry we will stick to these rules.

Offline soniaP

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2020, 06:55:05 PM »

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2020, 07:22:37 PM »
You have hit the nail on the head , Jo.... So hard not to hug anyone. We had a brekkie , at Rainbow ,on Friday. Saw Dimitris and sons Pani n Yanni. - I forgot the "rules"  and in no time was patting them on the back,standing next to them, shaking hands. - NO!! - They are too polite to remind me of the rules but a bollicking from Wegg put me straight. These guys have to protect others so allow them to do that job.
(I only see Dimitris, for example, but he see's many after me)
Cheers
Negg

Offline Erja

• Beer Quality controler
  • ARILLIAC
  • Royal Ionian Gold...amber nectar, only better ;)
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2020, 01:05:35 PM »
(But I still look forward to giving Erja a hug - Tis a gamble but someone gotta do it!!)
Cheers
Negg

Awwwww! Your bravery knows no bounds Eggy! 😂 So see you the last week of August if the ye olde deities allow ♥️
Life is good ;)

Offline soniaP

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2020, 01:52:37 PM »
We are used to it now Eggy. Havent hugged my son since March☹

Offline kevin-beverly

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2020, 04:32:55 PM »

Hi eggy
You can give me a big hug

Kev

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2020, 06:21:38 PM »
Poor Sonia. - Wegg has not seen her family now for 12 months.

Erja .... I will ensure my zimmer frame has been M.O.T'd and make sure my pacemaker is fitted with new batteries for August. (Duracell last longer so you could be in trouble!!)

Kevin.... How can I hug you when my arms won't get around you????

On a serious note. - Good to see all, following safety standards that benefit everybody.
(Masks - Table distance - No stools at bars - and...... people still having a super time!!)

Cheers
Negg

Booking.com