Author Topic: Jet2 Cancelled Again!!  (Read 3761 times)

Offline Donpipez

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
Jet2 Cancelled Again!!
« on: June 25, 2020, 09:27:50 AM »
Noticed a FB post Yesterday that JET2 had cancelled flights from Glasgow in August - Seemed strange at the time & thought possibly it was a glitch but later in the day we received an email from Jet2 informing us our August flights had also been cancelled.

It seems that one way or another our visit to Arillas this Year is not meant to be - We had already amended four flights which were cancelled from early July!!

Having looked again it seems that only the return flight is no longer available so we are going to try amending once again - either different dates or perhaps a different airport but luckily our accommodation is still available.

Fingers Crossed

Neil & Jill

Offline Jo Wissett

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
Re: Jet2 Cancelled Again!!
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2020, 10:40:35 AM »
They really are keeping us on our toes aren’t they! Sounding likely that Greece will be included in the ‘air bridges’ just all hinges on the quarantine on the Greek side being relaxed! My EJ flights for 20/7 are still showing as going but dreading receiving an email saying otherwise!

Offline kevin-beverly

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2020, 12:18:17 PM »

Hi

Are your flights still operating?
Due to the ongoing uncertainty caused by the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, we’ve decided to recommence our flights programme on 15 July 2020. If you're travelling before this date, unfortunately, your booking will be affected as our flights won't be operating.

We're contacting all affected customers about their options, including how to amend bookings to a later date, so if you were due to travel before 15 July 2020, we'll be in touch. We know just how much a well-deserved getaway means to you and how much it gives you something to look forward to, particularly during difficult times such as these.

We’re continuing to operate a fully-staffed call centre but the number of calls we’re currently receiving is unprecedented and more than we can handle. Therefore, we’re proactively contacting all affected customers in departure date order, which we think is the fairest way. Please be patient with us as we do this and remember that we’ll get in touch with you.

If you're due to travel after 15 July 2020, your booking is currently unaffected and there's no need to contact us, as your flight will operate as normal.

The coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic has resulted in everyone having to deal with difficulties and restrictions, and our business and our colleagues face these too.

Please do bear with us and thank you in advance for your loyalty, understanding and patience.

Our flight is August 30

Kev

Offline Donpipez

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2020, 01:02:58 PM »
Kev

I've Seen that statement so many times lately & thought we were OK as our amended flights were in August but Yesterday the Flight home on the 20th to Manchester was pulled so hence the email from JET2 cancelling all & offering refund/free amendment.

The quote from JET2 - "If you're due to travel after 15 July 2020, your booking is currently unaffected and there's no need to contact us, as your flight will operate as normal." obviously isn't true as we're not the only ones affected!!

Still hopeful and have a couple of options but just waiting for confirmation from accommodation.

Perhaps there may be further changes yet & we'll keep trying - Who knows we may still get there yet??

Neil & Jill

Offline kevin-beverly

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2020, 01:33:35 PM »

Hi Donpipez

I hope you will get out to Arillas
Even Yanni from the Tria is been told different stories every day.
He texts me to let me know what is happening it’s on then it’s off who knows what’s happening

Kev

Offline suzy61

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2020, 05:46:19 PM »
Our son had an email today from Jet2 saying his holiday is cancelled. He was due to fly out from Birmingham on July 21st. I originally thought it was East Midlands but it's definitely Birmingham.
He was going to be joining the rest of my family who were flying out on 20th July from Birmingham with Tui which has also sadly been cancelled today. GUTTED!!!!

Offline Sandie R

« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2020, 12:00:52 AM »
So much for no more cancellations after 15th July! My return flight on Thursday 17th September has now been cancelled. Hoping I can move it to the Friday, will find out more tomorrow.

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2020, 01:16:33 AM »
Gawd it’s so stressful isn’t it

Offline Sandie R

« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2020, 09:05:21 PM »
 Oh yes, very stressful!  Jet 2 now fly from Stansted Fridays & Sundays it seems. I've managed to rebook ( hurray) but
staying at the Rainbow instead of Tria. Glad I've still got a holiday but won't be getting my case down until the night before!

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2020, 12:48:51 AM »
Good luck.... I genuinely think you will be ok but you just never know what the future holds....
Wolverhampton Wanderers, pride of The Midlands......

Offline Vicky T

« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2020, 12:08:47 PM »
Jet2 cancelled our holiday, should have been flying on Sat 29th Aug, they said we could change to Sunday 30th at an additional £350.
We have booked for the Wednesday before and still cost an additional £350 - not very happy to say the least!

Offline kevin-beverly

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2020, 12:41:41 PM »

HI Vicky

hope this helps

If your flight is cancelled
You have the legal right to either:

a full refund - including other flights from the airline that you won’t use in the same booking such as onward or return flights
a replacement flight to get you to your destination
if you’re part-way through a journey and you don’t want a replacement flight, you also have a right to a flight back to the airport you originally departed from.

Ask for a refund or replacement at the airport if you can. If not, you can claim from the airline later.

You also have a legal right to:

help with costs - if the cancellation delays you 2 or more hours
compensation - if you’d be delayed 2 or more hours by the replacement flight offered and you were given less than 2 weeks' notice
If you get a replacement flight
If you have to wait long enough for your replacement flight, the airline legally has to help you with things you need. This includes:

food and drink
access to phone calls and emails
accommodation if you’re delayed overnight, as well as journeys between the airport and the hotel
How long the delay has to be depends on the distance of the flight and the countries it's flying between. You can check the flight distance on the WebFlyer website.

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/consumer/holiday-cancellations-and-compensation/if-your-flights-delayed-or-cancelled/#:~:text=You're%20legally%20entitled%20to,than%2014%20days%20before%20departure

kevin

Offline soniaP

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2020, 02:20:27 PM »
Jet2 cancelled our holiday, should have been flying on Sat 29th Aug, they said we could change to Sunday 30th at an additional £350.
We have booked for the Wednesday before and still cost an additional £350 - not very happy to say the least!

This is foul play.  I presume you considered if it would be cheaper to book with another airline/independently?

Offline turkeyfoot

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2020, 02:40:06 PM »

This is foul play.  I presume you considered if it would be cheaper to book with another airline/independently?

Hi

Makes TUI look like angels. Good luck

Geoff
It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than  to speak up and remove all doubt.

Booking.com