Author Topic: Arillas 2020 cancelled.....  (Read 2554 times)

Offline Steph ~

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Arillas Addict
Arillas 2020 cancelled.....
« on: May 29, 2020, 07:49:13 PM »
Sadly today we got an email from British Airways cancelling our flight out on 6th July from Heathrow  - so no Arillas this year for us :-(   ..... unless by some fluke we manage a sneaky late break but I'm doubtful. 

BA were very good -I  rang them as it only mentioned our outward flight on the cancellation email and I got through in 8 minutes. They immediately offered full refund of everything, no mention of vouchers.
So we will just have to content ourselves with the webcam and photos this year and roll on 2021 .... just to keep spirits up, we already have 2022 booked too :-)

Offline soniaP

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
Re: Arillas 2020 cancelled.....
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2020, 11:29:38 PM »
Sorry to hear that Steph. We ate are meant to be going 30th July but not looking good☹

Offline philippa

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2020, 06:50:43 PM »
Hi its philippa
We still hope to be able to go in late septemer to marinios - here in austria are mega problems re the borders - I am pissed off that the austrians want to open the borfders to all countries except Italy - EU regs they cannot do that - but the austrians need the trade fron Germany - tourism 60 % - all our lockdown stuff is being gradually reduced - and why ??? because we need the tourists - the do not care a minute for the people.
I have so much respect for Greece / Arillas/ they have really done this the right way - they only have one season to get through a whole year - i Austria they have two!! Sadly since I moved here 52 years ago They have just become greedy

I soooo hope we will be

in Arrillas in september
Love
Philippa

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2020, 10:48:09 PM »
Phillipa - I think that by September you will be here and any problems before that will just be a bad dream.
Cheers
Negg

Offline GaryS

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2020, 11:45:43 PM »
We were on a TUi flight 26th June and we have been issued with a voucher and 20% incentive to rebook for 2021, so have done and maybe grab a cheap holiday late September, virus permitting.

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2020, 12:44:16 PM »
Feedback from a couple of local owners seem to reflect that direct flights and accommodation could be available up to November. It is certainly an option for many to recoup some of their losses. (Maybe wishful thinking , who knows?)
Negg

Booking.com