Author Topic: I did not know  (Read 2015 times)

Offline kevin-beverly

• ARILLIAC
I did not know
« on: April 01, 2020, 01:36:11 PM »

Hi

Jet2 flights not covered by ATOL and they are hiding it! Flights are not covered by ATOL, not advised or stated on their website or terms and conditions. ... They stated that it was not a requirement for flights only but agreed other companies do provide this

Only a jet2 package holiday is covered by ABTA

Kev

Offline vivian

• Vivian
  • Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Stay Nude it ant Rude
    • http://www.holmvalley.com
Re: I did not know
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2020, 02:48:49 PM »
was about to go mad when I started reading, we booked a package with them for 9th May and they still haven't cancelled it yet. I was going to cancel myself but paid upfront and for a second thought we wouldn't get our money back, even though Im sure they will cancel a week or so before we fly.

Stay Nude it ante rude

Offline kevin-beverly

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2020, 05:09:04 PM »

Hi Vivian

Don’t cancel otherwise you will not get a penny you are covered by ABTA

Also they are trying to give everyone vouchers stick out for your money back this is not just jet2 it’s all so I read

Kevin

Offline turkeyfoot

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2020, 11:01:35 AM »
Hi
Read my thread in General Are package holiday cash refund rules to be suspended due to coronavirus?

The latest situation  is that currently if you have booked a package deal, legally you are still entitled to a full refund within 2 weeks.

Not many flights are ATOL protected including Easyjet and Rynair, unless you recieve an ATOL certificate when you booked
The only protection you have if you paid by credit card. You can then claim via the card company.

You do not have to accept a credit note or voucher. If you do accept a credit note ensure you are protected if the company goes bust, and beware vouchers may have an expiry date on.

TUI actually no longer refer to cash refunds on their website.Wheras  they did at the beginning of this saga..
When they rung me up they gave me three options. A full refund, a credit note or  a free  transfer to any currently advertised holiday. This is why they released their summer 2021 holidays a lot earlier this year.

Geoff

Geoff
It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than  to speak up and remove all doubt.

Offline kevin-beverly

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2020, 05:37:31 PM »

Hi

Today I got insurance for 2021 for the flights I booked for Arillas August for five of us staying at the Tria it’s a lot of money you don’t know they could go under
The insurance companies will not take a policy more then a year so I had to take jet2 insurance

Kev

Booking.com