Author Topic: Two Extra Nights...  (Read 9632 times)

Offline Jo Wissett

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
Two Extra Nights...
« on: September 24, 2019, 09:34:59 AM »
We have booked again for a fabulous 16 nights next July/Aug (still not enough mind you..) unfortunately Dida can only only accommodate us for 14 at the Marinaki which we had known. My question is do we use this opportunity to have the last two days/nights somewhere else on the island or do we stay in Arillas and try to get a room (will anyone give us two nights in peak season)...any advice be great x

Offline turkeyfoot

• Forum Fanatic
Re: Two Extra Nights...
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2019, 11:06:46 AM »
We have booked again for a fabulous 16 nights next July/Aug (still not enough mind you..) unfortunately Dida can only only accommodate us for 14 at the Marinaki which we had known. My question is do we use this opportunity to have the last two days/nights somewhere else on the island or do we stay in Arillas and try to get a room (will anyone give us two nights in peak season)...any advice be great x
Hi
The Mathraki had people stopping for a few nights whilst we were recently there.
Have seen this in the past since they went 50% independant.
They have always ben  non British and proberly book through Booking. Com
Geoff
It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than  to speak up and remove all doubt.

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2019, 12:22:03 PM »
I suppose you could head back "somewhere" towards the airport and make the journey back on the last day a little easier .  Its a tough decision really , what about staying in land for a couple of nights somewhere in a small village for a change, its something I have always quite fancied doing.
Wolverhampton Wanderers, pride of The Midlands......

Offline Steph ~

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2019, 04:37:46 PM »
This year we visited Kaiser's Throne, Pelekas and there was a gorgeous hotel there, with spectacular views http://levantcorfu.com/  (also on Booking.com) - wouldn't mind spending a couple of nights there.

Offline DaisysMum

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
    • http://www.crazydaisyjewellery.com/
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2019, 06:35:14 PM »
We are planning on getting the hydrofoil to pax’s and staying a night there next year.  Went on the day trip this year and just not enough time to enjoy the place

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2019, 12:25:31 AM »
We stopped off at the gorgeous village of Doukades this year and both said how lovely it would be to have a night there and maybe thinking Corfu town..it’s just whether I can bare to be parted from my beloved beach..

Another option maybe Afionas? Had always wanted to stay at Dionysos where we had our renewal of vows ceremony a few years back. They are just in the process of building some apts above restaurant with (get this) their own plunge pool. Can you just imagine sitting with a glass of wine looking out on that spectacular view.. choices choices..

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2019, 11:39:51 AM »
Sounds like Afionas is favourite then …….
We looked into Agios Gordios in some depth before we chose to go to Arillas 7 years ago and really liked the look of it , only about 10 miles form the airport too
Wolverhampton Wanderers, pride of The Midlands......

Offline soniaP

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2019, 10:29:30 PM »
They have beautiful rooms at the Porte Timoni up in Afionas.

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2019, 11:21:34 PM »
It’s a bit like the Coconut and The Malibu Sonia..just couldn’t go to Porto Timono instead of Dionysos...

Booking.com