Author Topic: Out of Season Flights  (Read 2492 times)

Offline geoffangler

Out of Season Flights
« on: May 23, 2006, 12:03:20 PM »
Are there any direct flights to Corfu out of season (May-October). I am particularly thinking of Xmas and Easter

Offline tracey&peter

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Arillas Addict
Out of Season Flights
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2006, 12:39:44 PM »
Hi Geoff

I believe there are Xmas and Easter flights, I have in fact had a mail from Sue over in Corfu who can get the flights for you, I will send you a personal mail with the web address details

Tracey  8)

Tracey & Peter Smith
Solihull
West Midlands

Offline JohnJ

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
Out oif season flights
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2006, 03:30:47 PM »
I realise things might have changed since we flew to Corfu for Easter in 1999, but back then you could not fly direct and we had to fly to Athens and change onto Olympic airways for the twenty miuntes or so flight to Corfu.  Not really a problem, though we were lucky as our original plans meant that we got to Athens at 6 in the morning and would just miss the 6: 10 flight to Corfu.  The next flight was at 6 in the evening so we planned to spend the day exploring Athens.   However thanks to a great tail wind we arrived at Athens twenty minutes early and the check in desk happily put us on the earlier flight.  Although we missed out on Athens we did get to Corfu and eventaully Arillas by 8 in the morning.
John
JOHN JOHNSON

Offline Ang

• Forum Fanatic
Out of Season Flights
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2006, 05:25:45 PM »
How strange that you were unable to fly direct to corfu back in 1999, Ive flown direct since 1980 and from several uk airports, maybe its about where you live and lack of direct flights from your nearest airport.
Ang

Offline JohnJ

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
Out of season flights
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2006, 03:32:30 PM »
Hi Ang,
           have you flown for all those years out of season?  When we wanted to back 1999 our daughter worked at a travel agents and spent many weeks trying to find a direct flight before the season starts and could not find one.  We were happy to fly from any of Manchester, Birmingham, East Midlands or Liverpool but  none were available.
JOHN JOHNSON

Booking.com