Author Topic: Cake shop  (Read 5359 times)

JOHNB

Cake shop
« on: May 21, 2006, 07:51:44 PM »
I have heard that there is a very nice cake shop in Arilas. Does anyone know where it is and if so whats the best buy. I dont eat them as a rule but on holiday why not?

Thanks

John

Offline Fiona

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Arillas Addict
Cake shop
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2006, 08:23:10 PM »
Hi John

I think this is probably the place I know as the Bakery.  Walk past Brouklis (on your left), past the Marvel Hotel (on your right) and keep walking until you see it on your left!!  Enjoy  :D  :D

There may be another one up the hill towards the San Steph road, but I have never been to the top of that road!!  I'm sure other forum members will advise.

Fiona

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
Lush Croissants!
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2006, 08:43:00 PM »
Every year, I make a leisurely stroll on random mornings (when hubby and the tribe are sleeping off the-shots/manic kid hyperactivity- from the night before!!) to this cake shop.  I say mornings as it is hot enough then, believe me! As the last post correctly stated, carry on past The Rainbow for about 10  mins (max) and you will happen upon this little gem on the left hand side before the Galini and Tria Adelphia.

A word or warning though, get there before 10.30 as all the croissants will have gone!  They do the most fabulous chocolate cakes as well!  There is also a very nice bakery up the road that follows the Armarada (excuse the spelling) up towards mona's boutique.

Offline lynne

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
Cake shop
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2006, 12:12:32 PM »
Yes the cake shop I frequent is left at whispers and up a steep bank so you will have burned off enough calories to warrant eating one very nice cakes :lol:
lynne

Offline sham

cake shop
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2006, 10:49:40 PM »
Hi,
  There is another cake shop in Arillas.
  If you turn left at The Armourada(from the beach) on the road to san stefanos or magalades, a short walk up the hill will bring you to  a small cake shop.
 I can`t tell you what are the best, but my daughters can.
  Hope you find it, they say it`s worth it,
                                  Sham

Offline Lindypops

• ARILLIAC
cake shop
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2006, 01:02:50 AM »
Brilliant. You`ll enjoy.
Lindypops.

Offline Tony

Cake shop
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2006, 03:46:12 PM »
Do they do English style cream cakes or are they greek style.

Maggie

Cake shop
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2006, 08:47:23 PM »
I think the cakes are greek style, they look a wee bit different to ours. But you really should try them, they're yummy!!!    21 sleeps to go. 8)

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
Cakes!
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2006, 10:11:21 PM »
Yes, the Greek version of cakes are very different but still very tempting!  the chocolate ones tend to be like a mousse but they are lovely.

Offline andy & angela

Cake shop
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2006, 03:25:07 PM »
Hi,

new to this forum, we are planning to move to Corfu next year and open a tea shop selling English cakes and coffee and teas. Do people on here think this would be a viable idea? We are thinking of coming to the Arillas area.

Offline Dave N

Cake shop
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2006, 03:41:44 PM »
Quote from: andy & angela
Hi,

new to this forum, we are planning to move to Corfu next year and open a tea shop selling English cakes and coffee and teas. Do people on here think this would be a viable idea? We are thinking of coming to the Arillas area.
 Forget it, If people want english tea and cakes they would stay in England, I think you would be wasting your time and money.[/quote]

Offline Lozicle

• Arillas Addict
  • That's me :)
    • http://www.myspace.com/lozicle
Cake shop
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2006, 04:11:42 PM »
That might be a more profitable idea in one of the more commercial resorts.

From my own experience, people seem to go to Arillas for the Greek surroundings.

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
English Tea
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2006, 04:47:49 PM »
Yes, I would have to agree.  If you were to go somewhere like Sidari (heaven forbid!!) Im sure that it would go down well, but like the last posts said, it is the traditional customs/different way of life that makes resorts like Arillas so lovely.

Offline kriopigi girl

• Arillas Addict
Cake shop
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2006, 06:57:24 PM »
I wish you all the luck but I must agree with the others in as much as Arillas is not the place for an English tea shop Pauline  :(

Booking.com