Author Topic: Check in  (Read 4604 times)

Offline harold

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Forum Fanatic
Check in
« on: May 15, 2006, 06:47:49 PM »
The check in at Corfu airport is slightly different from last year.Once off the coach you queue outside,behind the olympic girl holding up your flight number.They let you into the Airport a few at a time.You make your way towards the checkin desk (ours were 13+14) and just before the desk is your security check.The whole of the checkin area is now cordened off so once you go in and then through the security you then checkin and then its through to the departure lounge.You cannot from what i could see checkin and then go and find a quiet area to sit in.
Harold,
Theres only one Altrincham FC

Offline ANN

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
Check in
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2006, 07:56:17 PM »
So it's just as chaotic as ever then!

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
Check in
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2006, 10:12:08 PM »
My friend went to Corfu today but the airport was closed and they had to go via Thessaloniki :( ....but she is now at Brouklis enjoying her first meal..... :D
Sandy x

Offline Mick and Jill

• Forum Fanatic
Check in
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2006, 12:12:37 AM »
Hi Harold, does the change make it worse than last year or better?  Got to admit we have never queued outside.  We normaly have flight only and don't bother with the reps so just normaly walk straight into the airport.  Glad you enjoyed your holiday, can't wait for Monday  8)
Jill
Jill XXX

Offline harold

• Forum Fanatic
Check in
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2006, 10:20:13 AM »
Hi Mick and Jill,
it was better than last year,the only draw back is once checked in you can only go to the restaurant or through to duty free
Harold,

Offline Lisa Woodcock

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
    • www.myspace.com/lisawoodcock
Check in
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2006, 10:23:34 AM »
The security check point is bang in the middle of the check in area, where they will scan all your luggage that is to be checked in to the hold. For the first time ever, security at Corfu airport appears to be hotting up as it has been quite relaxed over the years!

I have to say that I think it is far more organised in the check in hall now, much less congested and you catch those extra few final rays of sunshine waiting outside for half hour or so!

Roll on 5th June!

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
Check in
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2006, 12:03:11 PM »
My friend went to Arillas yesterday and was diverted to Thessaloniki because the runway at Corfu airport had melted in the sun. Apparently they resurfaced it over the winter but did not do a very good job!!! let's hope it's sorted by August or there'll be more chaos than ever!
Sandy x

Offline harold

• Forum Fanatic
Check in
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2006, 03:12:54 PM »
Must have happened after we took off at 12 10
Harold,

Offline Stuart

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
Check in
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2006, 08:17:48 PM »
Apparently, there were no landings or takeoffs allowed all afternoon and the flights did not resume until 6:30pm.  It sounds like the usual organised chaos was going on but, from some of the messages I have read, everyone took it pretty well.

We arrive next Monday, so I hope the tarmac issue is resolved by then.   :shock:

Stuart
Stuart
Na Pate Kala

Offline Mick and Jill

• Forum Fanatic
Check in
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2006, 10:43:14 PM »
Hi Stuart

We go next Monday as well arrive at Corfu approx 12.45pm, lets hope it's all sorted by then.  

Jill
Jill XXX

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
Check in
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2006, 05:01:57 PM »
From what I remember of last year we were taken to the airport and left under a marquee for about 1/2 hr until it was our turn to go in then had to go through security first, then to check in, then through the passport control.  Good idea to make sure you have got some water and snacks for the long wait!  The Manos reps were very good though and kept us informed and it all went ok.

Hope the tarmac situation doesnt reoccur on the 19th June when we go.  Is it that hot out there now then? :lol:
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Offline Samantha

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
Check in
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2006, 09:14:02 PM »
When I came back last September I had to wait outside. Luckerly a rep friend i had made over the summer was there for me to chat to as i was flying back alone! It is better though i guess that they are being a bit more cautious.
Samantha McCoo  :-)

Booking.com