Size of the beach

Started by Corfusoon, October 19, 2008, 01:08:56 PM

justphil

Maggie luvver, Dimitris needs to change your colour to bright Green like Eggy's as Roving Reporter. Thanks for the update - keeps us lot sane (?) to know what is happening there. Please post more when you have the time....

Phil

Maggie

Please post more when you have the time....

Phil, I thought I would have loads of 'time' , but I don't know where it goes! I can't believe it's March tomorrow....

Last night we saw the most amazing moon ever! It was like it had rainbows all round it,  a bit like a target....   Not sure if it's a good sign or not? Has anyone ever seen this before?

Unfortunately we didn't have a camera!!!!!

justphil

Maggie, I think I sort of knew that when I wrote it. I suspect it will be the same for Jen and me. But we will all appreciate what time you can find to post. The moon sounds so gorgeous. One of those sights you never forget. Wish I had seen it.....

Thanks luvver
Phil

patrickjohn

Hi
Maggie - I think its rings of colour caused by ice chrystals in the upper atmosphere.  Have seen it myself sometimes on clear cold nights.  The sun will do it too sometimes but complete circles are rare, you often just get a few bits of the arc.
Where does the time go?  Very good question.  When I retired they said I'd have plenty of time, but I don't know how I ever found time to work now!
Thanks for the reports & pics.  Please do your best to find odd moments to keep them coming.
Best wishes
Pat

My book"A Policemance Tale" at Amazon
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0B8BD9MWM

sunflower

Hi Maggi,
I've seen it once here in Denmark it was absolutely amazing.
Unfortunately my photos did not come out well.
Connie x

TerryW

I found this photo on Panoramio and its a very intereting view of the beach. There seems to be lots of sand with a good sized beach.  By the appearance of the buildings in the background, it must have been taken about 10 years ago.

Found here http://www.panoramio.com/photo/25676488

isobel

hi maggie look forward to a photo of the beach we still have snow

Janis

I like this one, Terry - from the same site:

Hope our beach gets like this again!

Janis x

Maggie

The beach doesn't look like that today! lol. Actually, the sea is quite calm today, and there is sand......

kevin.g

maggie
any pics please ....yammas

Eileen

A lovely photo Janis.  Thanks :-)

xxxx
Your holiday deserves a place like this...
www.villalinakis.com

https://twitter.com/VillaLinakis

Villa Linakis on FB

Maggie

Kevin, I'll try to get some pics this week, but I have difficulty with posting them. I may need some help!!!!!!!

kevin.g

maggs
me and technology are the same ,,,but terry.w is the boy for help ,im sure if you pm him he will give u step by step .instructions..yammas

Sandy x

I remember the beach like that.....I'm sure it will be back one day....
Sandy x

Sandy x

Janis, I have a photo very similar to that on my wall at work....just to remind me of happier times ahead!!
Sandy x