Nudee Beech Bum

Started by viv, April 25, 2004, 12:09:22 PM

Paul D

Hi everyone. Not many recent posts here, so her`s another one.   I really hope that when we are there in June, that the north end has plenty of sand without any stones. Hopefully the winter months won`t have been too unkind. Then there`s always the other end- we`re not bothered which.
   Like many of you have found, fellow nudists are a real frindly bunch and easy to talk too. What you see is what you get(literally).  Seriously tho, nobody judges you and you are left to enjoy the fabulous surroundings. If you haven`t tried it, then you don`t know what you`re missing. Once the initial awkwardness is gone, then there`s no turning back- now we wouldn`t use any other beach. I wonder if any of you will be brave enough to try for the first time this year. Can`t wait to read the replies.
    Yammas  Paul D
Arillas - `perfect antidote to life`s stresses and strains`!

Jo Wissett

I will deffo be at the North beach for many an afternoon/morning this year but will be INCOGNITO particularly as lots of family and friends are joining us this year for my belssing.  can you IMAGINE?????????? Hi dad/best mate's husband/BEST MATE!!!!!!!!!Welcome to flange city. Jesus.

TerryW

I hope you don't mind Paul if I posed another question with regards to the nudist beach.

In 2003, when we were in Skala. Kefalonia, the police arrested some people for bathing naked. Luckily we were on Mounda Beach, which was just around the headland  from Skala and more secluded, but we felt very uncomfortable for the rest of the holiday and we were constantly looking out for people in uniform. We were even shouted at by some local people, who were against nudism.

http://www.lets-go-kefalonia.com/messages/viewthread.php?fid=1&tid=284&action=printable

My question is.......how many people would be put off going to Arillas, if the Greek government had a zero tolerance to nude bathing. The above episode caused quite a few people to stop going to Skala, and I wondered if that would happen in Arillas.

justphil

That's a really interesting question Terry. Jen and me started our naturist lifestyle when I was 20 and she 18, on a beach near Rottingdean, outside Brighton. We have been to many, many naturist beaches since. We love the accessibility of Arillas and the fact that those who don't want to do it can have a very large beautiful beach as well, and need never even be aware we exist. Though I do not care if they do know.

There have been a few oddballs in our many hours there, but not enough to bother about. They have never given us any grief (though we know of one case where that wasn't true and have had to help them get over it.)

We don't understand the idea of shopping in a supermarket without clothes or parading outside parliament etc. That must get near to exhibitionism. It's the innocence that appeals to us, not the nakedness per se.

And to answer your question, part of my "died and gone to heaven" reaction to my first visit to Arillas was that there was a place for me to swim without clothes. Without risking life and limb walking down a cliff path so I could hide away on some isolated beach, far away from the "normal people." It was a large part of it then. But now after meeting so many beautiful local, tourist and forum people it has moved way down the list. If a zero tolerance policy were put in place now, it would never stop us going to Arillas. But it might have done in 2002 before we connected with so many real friends there.

Thanks for opening up the debate again Paul. The beach was magnificent in 2008. Mostly because of the hard work that Eggy described in Arillas Today, of the locals. It will be just as good this year, I am convinced.

Phil

Sandy x

Well said phil. My sentiments exactly.
Sandy x

Erja

Quote from: Jo Wissett on March 13, 2009, 10:51:13 PM
I will deffo be at the North beach for many an afternoon/morning this year but will be INCOGNITO particularly as lots of family and friends are joining us this year for my belssing.  can you IMAGINE?????????? Hi dad/best mate's husband/BEST MATE!!!!!!!!!Welcome to flange city. Jesus.

Yo made me laugh out loud Jo :D I know what you mean though ;)
Life is good ;)

vivian

Pete & I have been to many differenty countys and many different nudie baches. Some of the beaches have had much more sand and not so many people as a matter of fact we once did a round walk of some duns that took 3 1/2 hrs and didnt see another soul it was lovely so I wouldn't say the beach was the main thing that attracted us in the first place but somehow it just seems that it stole our hearts. Maybe it helped that when we first went it was the widest but when we went back five months after was the first time I had to wade on to it but by then it didn't matter anymore, not saying it dosent play a big part of our time in Arillas no way we could stop going now. We are addicted to every aspect of Arillas and the surronding area and the people who live there. Viv & Pete

Stay Nude it ante rude

angiem

Quote from: TerryW on March 14, 2009, 12:26:21 AM

My question is.......how many people would be put off going to Arillas, if the Greek government had a zero tolerance to nude bathing. The above episode caused quite a few people to stop going to Skala, and I wondered if that would happen in Arillas.

To be honest Terry, I don't think it would effect many people at all, because the nude beach is just one of the attractions of Arillas. Arillas, in my opinion, has so much else to offer that I think people would still keep going back.

Would it put you off going back?

Angie

Paul D

Hi,everyone.   Terry, I think your question is a valid one, and cotinues a good debate.
                     To answer it- no,I think it wouldn`t put people off going to Arillas. It certainly wouldn`t put us off.  I read on a previous post by Dimitris saying that the beach has been used as a nudist area for some thirty years- so even  after all this time, the police haven`t clamped down.
       We all love Arillas for our own reasons, the beach is just one of them.        Anyone still willing to try for the first time???
            Yammas,  Paul D                       
Arillas - `perfect antidote to life`s stresses and strains`!

TerryW

It wouldn't put me off going back to Arillas either, although every time I get out of the sea with wet trunks, I do feel as if something isn't right  (and  its not due to the cold water :-) ). Sitting back down on a towel with wet trunks is awful.

Jo's comment did make me think about how uncomfortable it can be when you suddenly meet someone with clothes on who you had met earlier on the beach naked. People do look very different with clothes on.

Also, has anyone had that awful moment when the beach umbrella (Ella ella eh eh eh) is suddenly blown along the beach and you have to chase after it. You suddenly realise that you are missing something as you run past other people on the beach - your sandals because your feet are getting b****y hot :-(.

riggers

Ella Ella  haha   yammas 

georgia

Hello all,
I admit I am very tempted by the idea of trying the North beach, but whenever I have broached the subject with my other half he has looked at me with abject horror.
We are fortunate in having a very secluded garden and there is nothing I love better than spreading out a towel and basking in my birthday suit on a fine day.
I always take the precaution of having a bathrobe at hand, just in case I hear the gate go [would hate to terrify the postlady or the neighbours]
May add I was 40 before I would even consider going topless, think as u get older u realise life is too short to bother about other peoples opinions of u, just live life and enjoy it.

Sandy x

Couldn't agree with you more georgia - I used to have a garden like that but have now moved into town so have lost that luxury. My kids are horrified by me but have learned to tolerate me....lol....life is short.
Sandy x

justlynn

I so identified with your post, Georgia.  I must have been around 40 before daring to go topless, too. 
It was only the last two summers that I bared all and that was on the North beach.  I also identify with Jo somewhat, in being incognito, unless I can get more used to it!

Our garden did not start off as secluded, but over the years I have made a secluded area by growing all sorts of trees and bushes in an L shape.
And yes to you and Sandy, life is much too short to worry!!

lynn xx

patrickjohn

Hi
Llyn, Sandy & Georgia - Loved the bits about the sunbathing in the garden.  Our garden is quite secluded but we didn't have a garden gate till last year and that meant an embarrasing moment when our neighbour popped round one time.
However now we've got a (lockable) gate, after 19 years of meaning to get one. So am looking forward to plenty of sunshine this summer.
All the best
Pat

My book"A Policemance Tale" at Amazon
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0B8BD9MWM