Author Topic: Nudee Beech Bum  (Read 106984 times)

Offline harold

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Forum Fanatic
Nudee Beech Bum
« Reply #60 on: September 08, 2005, 08:26:34 PM »
looking at the picture of the day today.the beach looks like it was in May split in two.The tide is right up against the rocks.It looks like you will have to wade down to the nude beach or climb down the rock face,not recommended though.It's a bit dissapointing and makes me wonder if it is like this now what is it going to  be like next May
Harold,
Theres only one Altrincham FC

Offline bobandjoyce

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
    • http://www.essential-opportunity.co.uk
Nudee Beech Bum
« Reply #61 on: September 08, 2005, 11:35:03 PM »
:oops:   I feel a right numpty now!  For some reason I thought the Med was tideless or almost tideless (is that a word?) that the tide only rose and fell a foot or so!!

Offline Pete E

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
Nudee Beech Bum
« Reply #62 on: September 09, 2005, 10:38:26 AM »
For some reason I thought the Med was tideless or almost tideless (is that a word?) that the tide only rose and fell a foot or so!!

It is about a metre, I think. Which, when you have a gently shelving beach, can equate to quite a lot ebbing and flowing.  Also, because the West coast tends to take a bit of a pounding when there are storms out to sea, the shape of the beach can be altered, which might explain also why certain bits come and go.

Offline Tom

Nudee Beech Bum
« Reply #63 on: September 09, 2005, 01:35:58 PM »
Is it possible to sunbathe before the cut off point on the beach if it becomes impassable to the right hand end of the beach? Or was there something about the extreme left end of the beach being okay? Or will that have been cut off too? Mirtiotissa is a long way away to go on a daily basis.

Offline robinandmave

• Mavis
  • Silver Medal {over 40 posts}
  • Mavis
nudee beach!
« Reply #64 on: September 09, 2005, 02:48:19 PM »
Tom:
I think with discretion the bit of beach just before the 'high tide' difficulties is OK.  We were there in June this year and it was very difficult getting on to the further beach (especially for someone 4ft11in with arthritis!!!) but we did manage it, however, there were a number of naturists who settled before the deep, sometimes rolling tide that hit the rocks and it didn't seem a problem.  We have booked a little later next year in the hope that it will give us more beach!
Regards  Mavis

Offline suzanne simcox

Nudee Beech Bum
« Reply #65 on: September 13, 2005, 11:46:38 AM »
Hi this is a message on behalf of TRACEY & PETER, they are in Arillas at the moment and Tracey texted me to put this on the forum for all the Nudies amongst you, the beach is only accesible (think that is how it is spelt) by wading waist deep in water, and if you make it, you only have pebbles to lay on as the sand is covered in water.  :cry: only 6 more sleeps til Roger & I are in Arillas for 21days.  :lol:  8)  :lol:  8) HURRAY  8)  8)  :wink: HOPE TO MEET ALL THE FORUM MEMBERS WHO ARE OUT THERE  :wink:  :wink:

Offline Aly

• Arillas Addict
Nudee Beech Bum
« Reply #66 on: September 13, 2005, 02:57:33 PM »
:cry:  :cry:  :cry:  oooo no!!!! What will it be like in 3 weeks time I wonder?  :(

Offline vivian

• Vivian
  • ARILLIAC
  • Stay Nude it ant Rude
    • http://www.holmvalley.com
Nudee Beech Bum
« Reply #67 on: September 13, 2005, 04:55:07 PM »
I just can't believe it, it was the same when we were there in May and look's like it's going to be the same for us on October :cry:  and waist deep for anybody else is over my head. Im not going to tell Pete, Im just going to pray that it get's better. Viv

Stay Nude it ante rude

Offline Aly

• Arillas Addict
Nudee Beech Bum
« Reply #68 on: September 13, 2005, 06:28:07 PM »
There is always the far far end of the beach to the left  :wink:
Worth a try I suppose.
Maybe we should hire a boat?  :P

Offline vivian

• Vivian
  • ARILLIAC
  • Stay Nude it ant Rude
Nudee Beech Bum
« Reply #69 on: September 13, 2005, 08:39:45 PM »
O Aly, I hate to tell you this but Pete and I tried the left hand side of the beach in May, and the seaweed was about 2 foot deep. Maybe we should all get together and hire a big catermerang and sunbathe on the decks.  :roll:  Let's just keep our finger's crossed that all's okwhen we get there.At least we know the good food will still be there. :wink:  Viv

Stay Nude it ante rude

Offline suzanne simcox

Nudee Beech Bum
« Reply #70 on: September 13, 2005, 11:30:11 PM »
Hi Aly when will you be there then ?? we may bump into each other if you are there til 10th Oct.
 :lol:  :lol:

Offline SteveL

Nudee Beech Bum
« Reply #71 on: September 14, 2005, 11:03:35 AM »
Hi

We were there 13 - 27 June this year and we had to wade to get to the nudist end of the beach, although it was never too deep and did not present much of a problem. In fact we were able to get to it every day of our holiday. Unfortunately the strip (pardon the pun) of usable sand was quite narrow although it did improve over the 2 weeks.
We've booked for next year and are going a couple of weeks later so hopefully the beach will be accessible.
Just a thought, would the guys who run the water sports ferry you up to the beach by boat and pick you up again later ?

Steve & Val

Offline Aly

• Arillas Addict
Nudee Beech Bum
« Reply #72 on: September 14, 2005, 11:43:12 AM »
Hi Suzanne and Viv

Viv, did you walk as far as you can (on the lefthand side) and over the rocks?  You gotta go that far, but its gorgeous and private once up there.  :)

Suzanne, yes I go out on the the 30th and come back on the 10th, so you should bump into me, and Viv and Pete too.   8)

I was out there in July this year and you could walk as far as you can get on the righthand side with lots of sand to sprawl out on.  Its just amazing how the coastline changes month to month, year to year even.  When I first when to Arillas about 4/5 years ago, the beach was totally different and you could even see across to the righthand side because of land (which has now fallen into the sea)  :(

In any case, the weather will be a big improvement on what we are getting here at the moment.

Offline vivian

• Vivian
  • ARILLIAC
  • Stay Nude it ant Rude
Nudee Beech Bum
« Reply #73 on: September 14, 2005, 11:39:58 PM »
Ahhh we didn.t go over the rock's as didnt know there was anything there accept for the sea, will have to do some more exploring this time. Hope to meet you soon. Viv & Pete :oops:

Stay Nude it ante rude

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
Re: Nudee Beech Bum
« Reply #74 on: May 24, 2008, 09:24:25 PM »
As an established "nudee" which we seem to call ourselves on the forum, I have just had great pleasure reading viv's original thread. To quote our illustrious host Dimitris

Of cource if you walk in to my Taverna naked you will propably be arrested if not chased by my grandmathers walking stick.The same thing would hapened to anyone if he/she would walk naked in one of the main squares of your home town.

So do not mind if you can't find your swimming costume

I leave mine at home Dimitris (in fact I don't own one!) And love the idea of grandma chasing me with a walking stick!!!

The tolerance of the locals to people like jen and me who prefer to do the beach without the textile, is part of the spirit of Arillas. You don't have to be a naturist but if you are, we'll let you use the far end of the beach.

viv posted then in 2004 as a "Guest" Just look at her NOW! 1300 posts, endless visits and confirmed Arillas Addict.

Wonderful thread that seemed to die. Hopefully I've resurrected it......
Phil

Booking.com