Browsing speed

Started by kes, August 30, 2007, 11:33:23 PM

kes

Is it just me or has anyone noticed a slow down in accessing pages on the web site..
...is it down to the number of members/guests on line...doesn`t seem to have had much effect until the last few days..have noticed both at home and office.One on cable the other adsl..so it aint my pc`s....   Dimitris?

TerryW

There has been a slow down on the whole internet kes. You will usually see the speed drop on a Tuesday and Wednesday because they are  the Days that Microsoft send out updates and you can imagine the extra traffic with every windows PC in the world having to be updated.

Well thats my theory.

Brian

It's been happening to me for over a week.
I thought it was because of the bad weather and the kids being at home, and therefore surfing.
Librarian in town said she had the same problem, I don't think she is a member of this forum!!

Joe

Not noticed any issues from our notoriously dodgy work PC's and the ping here is insane. Remember your PC's need love to or they start to slow down, empty your temporary files, try and defrag your hard drive once a week, don't fill your hard drive past 80% capacity, little things like this can help so much.

Even on a slow connection the amount of data that arillas.com needs to load is very low so it should pop up really quickly, not sure where Dimitris hosts this but it seems pretty responsive most of the time. Perhaps there has been some serverside maintenance being carried out recently if a few of you are lagging.

kes

I am aware of the update issues with microsoft (this is suposedly  due to windows vista
using two versions of internet protocol...Ipv4 & Ipv6  hence doubling the amount of DNS traffic)
As it only sends two requests the first time,after that it knows what protocol to use ,so should not make much difference.
I have only noticed the difference on the Arilas website..