Arillas Today

Started by Eggy, August 08, 2007, 04:30:35 PM

Truth

Fantastic Erja!  Enjoy your last full day in Arillas......
Wolverhampton Wanderers, pride of The Midlands......

justphil

Glad to hear the Terrible Finns are continuing to soak up all of what Arillas offers to those who appreciate the goog things in life. EuXaristw Poli for sharing some of it with us out here in limbo-land..........

Have a gorgeous last night of this visit and a safe journey back abroad.

Yammas!
Phil

Eggy

Overnight rain occurred at 5am , this morning, but was moderate and only profuced 10mm by 9am. - Arillas today has been wet and around 21 deg which kept many close to a wine or beer glass, or any wet stuff, that would please the palate much more than what the weather has offered..... Plus ,of course , the opportunity for a spot of "comfort food".

Tomorrow may see the same. The good news is that garden watering duties have been cancelled until further notice and I get to wear a short sleeve shirt , for a change.

Cheers
Negg

philippa

By the way - have any of you noticed mega big totally professional Vans around Kavadades!!!Yes it is the Durrell pre filming/Setting up for some more episodes!First we thought it was the " electrics!!"but now we now for sure . A friend of mine who lives in Loutses - no names - had interviews with them last week in Gouvia for a role
How wonderful that there maybe bits of Kavadades in the future series!!
Lol
P

Dai

Today saw more rain, sometimes torrential but after three days of rain the forecast is looking better. Tomorrow looks like it will have light rain throughout the day, but the next week looks dry. Who knows, but Arillas is Arillas regardless of the weather. Unfortunately the rain has taken it's toll, particularly on the south beach which was as good as it has been for years but we enjoy and make the most of what we are given.

Eggy

Such a long gap between these "Arillas Today" posts!! - WOTAMIDOOO-IN???
Anyway........ with 26 deg at 6pm and a super Saturday for all here , maybe I am toooo busy toooo be doing anything.
Not really true, that last bit. - I must get off my lazy butt.
Tis , once again , a wind down time here but you would all think it was July again, with such a busy beach and many guests.
Not a sad face in the place and the only dry eyes , I do not see, are those guys sat, with suitcases, waiting for the coach to get them to the airport.
Cheers
Negg

Truth

Cheers mate!
That sums it up for the Summer I think......
Wolverhampton Wanderers, pride of The Midlands......

justphil

Arillas Today looked stunning - Yiota's pictures on Facebook captured it completely. But some of us love the wise old words of forum daddy, our EggShell and his "yolks." Sorry "folks." I meant "jolks????"

More words please Eggy. Whatever you've been doing, we've missed your take on Arillas Today.

Phil

angiem

I concur.

Come on Eggy, we need our fix!

cypress

You're back Eggy .... I thought you'd fallen in a vat of ouzo! I envy the summer you must have had. Didn't get to see you this year but I'll see you in May and July in 2017.

JohnTheRef&Dot

"Fallen into a vat of ouzo"

Get out of that Vat and dry yourself off
we will have a chat next week
It's not time for hibernation yet
See you soon

soniaP

Enjoy Phil! I know you will!

Eggy

Don't talk to me about V.A.T , John - It's high enough as it is.

And .... there yer go folks!!! - We suffer overnight lightning, and thunder which we could never compete with , even after a Vindaloo , which made us turn of electrical apps and then gave us 15 mm rainfall by the morning.

And now???? - Well a super afternoon with the temp reading 26 deg outside and many Arillas bodies in shorts "n Things" taking it easy.
WOTSALLTHATABOUT?? - Tis been a crazy/funny/bizarre sort of two weeks. - Folks enjoying though and that's - WOTITSALLABOUT!!

Cheers
Negg

paulkidner

Looking at the lovely live pictures day by day. Still looks lovely but cooler than July/August. Roll on next July 20th. wo weeks today Gran Canaria here we come.

Eggy

Arillas Today saw the heavens open , around 11:30 am , plus a little thunder and lightning as a side dish. Everything settled down , around 3:30 pm ish which left us with a 30mm rainfall, a tad on the chilly side and many puddles.

Currently sitting with an 18/19 deg outside temp and rain still forecast for this evening.

We are all hoping that nature gets this out of her system by Wednesday/Thursday in preparation for the beer festival.
I think Ref John n Dot n Spud arrive tomorrow so hope they arrive to a dry improving next few days. Phil n Riggers soon to follow.
(Bring some warm togs and a sou'wester guys! - Just in case)

Cheers
Negg