Author Topic: Galini 2015  (Read 60643 times)

Offline Dai

• Arillas Addict
Re: Galini 2015
« Reply #30 on: June 20, 2015, 10:29:29 PM »
I know Kostas and Bridget well. In fact I was swimming with Kostas on the beach yesterday. They are open and will not let anyone down. The sunbather referred to earlier was their daughter, Athina, who has now gone back to Athens. Bridget arrives early July. Kostas has poor English, but it is probably better than my, and your Greek. If you have booked there, don't worry, be happy.

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #31 on: June 21, 2015, 01:25:59 AM »
Don't worry - Be happy , says it all Dai.

But the sunbather I spoke to was a male guest. (if , that is , you refer to my little visit to Galini yesterday)

We must all make sure, and stress, that any bad reviews , spoken of in earlier postings, DO NOT refer to Galini. Many Postings can go off topic and then can easily be misread.

Galini should be on anyone's shortlist as a place to spend your well earned rest from that nine to fiver everyday chore.

Cheers
Negg

Offline Dai

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #32 on: June 21, 2015, 09:25:43 PM »
Hi Neil, no the sunbather I was talking about was the one Truth posted about. As you say , get here and be happy, everyone else here is.

Offline justphil

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #33 on: June 22, 2015, 12:01:09 AM »
I try hard not to impose these days , but I have to say VERY CLEARLY that Galini IS NOT the subject of the bad reviews. It is absolutley perfect for those who want access to the centre but on their terms. Edge of village but less so than Tria. Wonderful clean pool, peace with a capital P. Good enough for Eggy? Sort of says it all. A wonderful part of Arillas.

Phil

Offline Rachel B

• Forum Fanatic
  • When my fridge is empty, so is my heart
    • Instagram
« Reply #34 on: June 22, 2015, 03:20:01 AM »
If this thread is read thoroughly from the first post onwards, it is clear that Galini isn't the place with the bad reviews. I posted the accommodation link to the place that does, as it is being advertised on here. So I am unsure why anyone would get confused as to which is which?! :-)

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #35 on: June 22, 2015, 09:30:38 AM »
Rachel

It has been known that some posts , quite often, are not read from the beginning. Many Greek Taverna/Hotel owners quite often take a peek at the posts and could easily misunderstand.  (Speaking English well does not always mean they can read with the same expertise)

I could easily misread your post, Phil, where you say "Good enough for Eggy"
Does that mean Galini is good enough for me or does it mean that your post puts my concern at rest? - (Anyway know what yer mean)

Doesn't hurt to remind all, at this stage, the accommodation we were talking about.

Negg

Offline NickBoardman

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
« Reply #36 on: June 22, 2015, 10:57:44 AM »
I like Galini, it's kind of hidden away. Usually sneak off here when I get the chance.

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
« Reply #37 on: June 22, 2015, 02:23:32 PM »
Hi Neil, no the sunbather I was talking about was the one Truth posted about. As you say , get here and be happy, everyone else here is.

Yes Dai I reckon it was mate . She looked incredibly relaxed reading her book :-)
Wolverhampton Wanderers, pride of The Midlands......

Offline Cheryl2307

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #38 on: June 22, 2015, 02:38:09 PM »
Thank you, Eggy for taking time out of your busy busy schedule (ha ha) to pop in for me, mind at rest!

I purposely did not name the accommodation I had booked last year as it has nothing to do with this Forum and I'm sorry if this has resulted in confusion.  I will now leave this thread in case I cause any more mishaps, old grannie that I am!

Thanks for all the replies.
Cheryl O

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
« Reply #39 on: June 22, 2015, 03:59:27 PM »
I don't think you have any need to apologise , if anything you have been helpful ! :-)
Wolverhampton Wanderers, pride of The Midlands......

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #40 on: June 22, 2015, 04:17:12 PM »
Cheryl

Nothing is a problem but, in the past, I have met a few local owners who tend not to get the full picture.
 I have a few examples which I will happily tell to those who ask me.

None of us should lose sleep over it. - And.... Forum Members never fall out , just hug n kiss a bit more (Unless it's Phil!! - but I do shake his hand)
Galini and Eleni/Stella are still on my "To Do" list. I just have to get the timing right and catch the owners for some extra info.

Both places looking good. I NEED A HOLIDAY!!!

Negg

Offline annemarsh

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #41 on: June 22, 2015, 08:25:43 PM »
Edge of village but less so than Tria.

Sorry - a bit confused here. I thought that the Galini was on the corner , just a bit further up ( going away from the beach) from the bakery, so a bit closer to the village centre than the Tria. Am I thinking of the wrong place?

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #42 on: June 23, 2015, 09:23:51 AM »
Sorry Anne - you have placed it exactly. I meant that it is less far out than Tria, so you are exactly right - a bit closer to the centre.

Best wishes
Phil

Offline DaisysMum

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
    • http://www.crazydaisyjewellery.com/
« Reply #43 on: June 23, 2015, 06:30:03 PM »
Always go past the Galini on our walk into the village and think what a nice place it looks.  Will definitely pop in there this year and see if we can view the appartments.  This time it will be a walk up as we are staying at Irene's luxury appartments.

Becky

Offline Lisa and Steve

• JustLisa
  • Forum Fanatic
« Reply #44 on: June 28, 2015, 09:47:03 PM »
Hi Cheryl.

We stayed at the galini about 8 years ago and we had a fantastic time. The rooms are great as is the pool. Handy for the bakery and not that far to walk to the beach. You will love it. xx

Booking.com