Author Topic: Favourite Greek dishes  (Read 33487 times)

Offline justphil

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
Re: Favourite Greek dishes
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2015, 06:40:38 PM »
Ha Ha you D.O.M! I could add Hana, Poppy, Ina and....  to that list. They are all "dishes!!!!"

Phil

(In case of ouzo influences, d for dirty, o for old etc....)

Offline Erja

• Beer Quality controler
  • ARILLIAC
  • Royal Ionian Gold...amber nectar, only better ;)
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2015, 11:33:16 AM »
Ha Ha you D.O.M! I could add Hana, Poppy, Ina and....  to that list. They are all "dishes!!!!"

Don't forget the boys....they are rather dishy too even Eggy when the sun hits his bald head in a certain angle ;) :D

As for the food....just love it and I refuse to name just few favourites 8)
Life is good ;)

Offline suzy61

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2015, 02:34:06 PM »
Have to agree with Erja...too many fantastic dishes to be able to just pick out a favourite. It also depends on where and what time of the day it it. Absolutely love gyros pitta but only around lunchtime on the beach front. Also love different types of cheese pies and pastries but only for breakfast at the bakery...sitting outside with my coffee! The list could go on and on and on....oops mustn't upset the hubby. I also love his feta and tomato toasties but only for breakfast on the balcony!
We did enjoy our chicken soulvakis on the barbie at our caravan this weekend trying to capture Arillas...not quite the same but good fun anyway!

Suzy X

Offline adrienne n dave

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2015, 10:46:23 PM »
bump

Adrienne and I celebrated our 25th wedding anniversary in Arillas on the 25th August (dont know how, Im sure Im only 30ish!)
So we decided (after hearing from forum members) to try the garlic prawns at Effis............

........wow they were possibly the best prawns and one of the nicest meals we have ever had in Arillas, spectacular!

Thanks for the tip everyone

Adrienne n Dave
instagram:  meadowfielddave

Offline soniaP

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2015, 11:51:58 AM »
Congratulations. I agree they are delicious. Really messy - but worth it.

Offline Val n Bill

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2015, 12:17:13 AM »

Bills record eating Efi's garlic pawns is a least twenty paper napkins for throughout the meal and three of those giant hand wipes....one for his moustache, one for his chin and one for his fingers. So I would definitely agree.....they are messy but gorgeous. Also love the ones at Graziella too but they are not quite as messy, but Efi's come out tops.

Val x
The love affair continues.

Offline emeralddragons

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2015, 02:21:48 AM »
Sole meunière may not be a Greek dish, but it is my favourite, which I have been served at several Arillas restaurants. All were fantastic! (If I had to choose a winner, it would probably be the Horizon one.)
Of the Greek dishes, I love that most comforting of comfort foods, moussaka, of which all Arillas versions are great, all the mezes, the famous garlic prawns, of course, and Brouklis´ chicken souvlaki as well as their spit roast lamb, and all the mezes, and sardines with lemon, and all the mezes and...
For dessert: Greek coffee and five star Metaxa.
Favourite drink: Dimitris´father´s rosé. It tastes differently each year, but its most important quality is the tradition and the love that goes into it.
Emeralddragon

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #22 on: September 06, 2015, 01:46:05 AM »
But what about the Brouklis lamb chops?? The chops I tell ya!

Offline Val n Bill

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #23 on: September 06, 2015, 12:14:37 PM »

Jo they are the best......had them three times when we were there, and plan to have them three times more when we return in just over three weeks.

Three seems to be a favourite number for me!! pity we are only there for two weeks.

Val x

The love affair continues.

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #24 on: February 09, 2016, 01:07:11 PM »
cannot wait for my first Greek salad of 2016 in July.  Has anyone managed to vaguely re-create this dish at home?

Offline soniaP

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #25 on: February 09, 2016, 10:41:55 PM »
Yeah but never tastes the same. I think no matter how well you recreate any Greek dish it just never tastes the same. I think it's the lack of sun, view, Arillas people and even the air.

Offline cypress

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #26 on: February 09, 2016, 10:47:49 PM »
Nope Jo. I've tried to recreate it and it's about passable. Even with the best quality ingredients/feta/oil available it's not a patch on the sun soaked, Corfiot composted, home grown tomatoes, cucumber and onions, organic oil, locally made Feta of Corfu. Even though I do keep trying. Not long now ........ 

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #27 on: February 10, 2016, 11:53:34 AM »
I'm not particularly keen on tomatoes but the Greek ones are out of this world.

Offline westhampete

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
« Reply #28 on: February 10, 2016, 12:08:32 PM »
Ricardo for me.

Booking.com