Author Topic: Any update on Mirage Studios, Arillas?  (Read 27740 times)

Offline Margaret & Alan

Mirage apartments
« Reply #30 on: May 29, 2006, 07:45:20 PM »
OOps sorry for the delay we did not check our e-mail.

The apartments did not have safetly deposit boxes and as the resort seems so safe we didn't enquire after them at the pool bar.

The apartments are well equiped they have:

Microwave

Electric rings for cooking

Electric kettle

fridge

Toaster - but more like a sandwich machine which makes lovely toast but does take forever.

Airconditioning - again we did not ask for the cost of hire but it is there if you want to use it.

Lovely bathroom but no way of hanging the shower up so you have to hold it.

Twin beds but they are positioned close together.

Excellent interior lighting that works.

Nice seating area outside - open plan for downstairs apartments.

Lovely cleaning lady who was very good.

Well stocked local shop very close

Bull frog chorus every afternoon/evening

The fireflies were spectacular - just like fairy lights.

Very quiet - there is a night club in the village which has excellent music but you can't hear it from the apartments.

Anything you want to know we will do our best to answer.  

Enjoy

Offline John I

Any update on Mirage Studios, Arillas?
« Reply #31 on: May 30, 2006, 01:51:20 AM »
Thanks for all the information, Margaret & Alan. We have seen photo's of the Mirage Studios, but you have provided so much more.
We stay there at the end of July, and have now started counting off the days to our arrival.
The showers you mentioned are typical of all Greece, and are quite normal. Maybe the reason why Safety Deposit Boxes are not provided, is because, for the present time, they are not required.  :D
Can't wait to hear the Bullfrogs and see the Fireflies.
John I

Offline jenna

• Silver Medal {over 40 posts}
  • Me And Chris
Any update on Mirage Studios, Arillas?
« Reply #32 on: June 05, 2006, 11:46:33 PM »
Anyone else been to the Mirage apartments who would like to give a review or send any more pictures?

Offline annandjim2

Mirage Apartments
« Reply #33 on: June 13, 2006, 03:25:17 PM »
Have just returned from two weeks at the Mirage Apartments, they are lovely, as are the family who own and run them.   Everything is spotless, and of course brand new.   I think it will be very difficult to book them for next year.  I understand that they are fully booked until October this year already.

Will hopefully be sending some more photographs of the apartments.

The weather was a bit changeable, with thunderstorms, then clearing to a beautiful day, but it was very very cold at night.  According to Locals this was the coldest June in 35 years.

Arillas is a very nice easy going relaxing place, a place to return to.
ANN

Offline jenna

• Silver Medal {over 40 posts}
  • Me And Chris
More Photos Available
« Reply #34 on: June 16, 2006, 12:21:33 AM »
There are now 9 new pictures of the Mirage Apartments available for viewing.  Many thanks to Ann for taking these and sending them to me for publishing. Click on the link below.

http://www.angelfire.com/planet/chrisfulton/index.html

Offline JohnJ

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Super Member {over 100 posts}
Mirage apertments
« Reply #35 on: June 22, 2006, 07:29:33 PM »
:D We stayed at Mirage 5th to the 19th June and would agree with all the positive comments above.  I would just add that they are also very light and airy and quite large compared with some Greek studios.  I have been going to Arillas for 12 years or so now and have never felt the need for a safety deposit box but they are available at the arillas car hire shop amongst other places if needed.  As for the owners Nicos and Angela they are great people, friendly helpful, very trusting and a delight  to stay with.  Altogether a great place to stay.
JOHN JOHNSON

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
Re: Any update on Mirage Studios, Arillas?
« Reply #36 on: June 18, 2007, 05:06:17 PM »
Has anybody stayed at Mirage this year? Nobody seems to mention them and there were some very positive comments on the Forum last season.
Sandy x

Offline Bay Walkers

Re: Any update on Mirage Studios, Arillas?
« Reply #37 on: June 19, 2007, 12:42:06 PM »
Although we didn't stay at The Mirage we used the pool consistently during our fortnight, returning home yesterday. We had a look around the apartments and they are finished to a high standard. We would be more than happy to stay there. They now have a Thomas Cook "Excellence Award" proudly framed in the bar.
Typically they have an open invite to the pool area but even so there were always plenty of sunbeds with umbrellas available.
We particularly liked the location of The Mirage as a barefoot hop across the road and you're on the beach. The sea temperature also doesn't take your breath away as it did on our first week.

We also enjoyed eating out at Thalassas nearby. A good place to watch the sunset, but the top of our list for excellent Greek food and conversation was Dimitris' place.

John & Frances

Booking.com