Author Topic: Arillas Awakes  (Read 8502 times)

Offline Jo Wissett

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
Re: Arillas Awakes
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2015, 05:13:17 PM »
love this.  I hope my beach gets some more sand on it though! Always panic this time every year!

Offline cypress

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2015, 01:05:54 AM »
Sonia, I've done a bit of searching around and the tree looks like a Judas Tree - Cercis Siliquastrum. I does look beautiful, fingers crossed it'll still be in flower in July when I'm there. As for the swing, I'm not too sure, it might be up on the headland near the church?

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2015, 01:53:21 AM »
Dave Hughes is an amazing photographer and artist, who has taken our Arillas into his heart and presented it in his own unique way in everything we have seen of his work so far. We all love our Arillas, and have been described as a clique, but membership is free and we exclude nobody. Dave transcends all that, and just portrays it how it is. Jen and I were lucky enough to see Arillas in April, barely awake and in need of its cup of tea. And the people of Arillas delivered to us the true friendship that made that cup overflow.

Arillas awakes. Oh Yes.
Phil

Offline soniaP

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2015, 11:45:14 AM »
Thank you cypress. I am definitely going to buy one and plant it in my garden. It is beautiful. Just looked up suppliers and there is one in Manchester - Primrose Cottage Nursery.

Offline Eileen

• ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
    • http://www.villalinakis.com
« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2015, 01:03:22 PM »
I agree with you girls...The Judas tree is absolutely beautiful and add a wonderful splash of Springtime colour to the hillsides, olive groves and gardens. Do try to visit in April/early May to see them for yourselves... I promise you won't be disappointed! X

Offline soniaP

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2015, 02:57:07 PM »
Just been looking at Anne's third week blog on Arillas or Bust thread and in her pictures there are a lot of the  Judas trees. Truly beautiful. Apparently the best time to plant them is September and that is when it is my birthday so I know what I want already for my birthday. I must be getting old - never thought I would see the day when I wanted a tree for my birthday. They are quite expensive though about £80 but so beautiful when in bloom.

Offline soniaP

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #21 on: April 30, 2015, 03:50:31 PM »
Arillas is waking up! Just spotted a car parked at front in view of the webcam. Haven't seen any cars on the webcam for ages.

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2015, 08:10:26 PM »
Sonia, the Judas trees have been amazing this year. There seem to be loads of them everywhere and the colours are even more vibrant than usual. I'm hoping some may still be in bloom when my dad arrives in 11days time.....he loves them.
Sandy x

Offline soniaP

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #23 on: May 01, 2015, 12:55:35 PM »
Yes Sandy must go some year and see them in bloom. Car and moped on webcam - Arillas is really waking up. Looks like a gorgeous day as well.

Offline Arillas360

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
    • Arillas360
« Reply #24 on: May 01, 2015, 02:36:50 PM »
Many thanks justphil for your kind words....these pink trees are simply stunning and everywhere i look across this north coast. The tree swing is on top of the hill further along from Akrotiri...Dimitri and i fixed the the Arillas pier bench back yesterday (film uploading) and today we did the Arillas walk....lots more beautiful Arillas moments to be had...loving life here...and for me April is the new August

Happy season folks
360º Virtual Tours Of Arillas

Offline jackson

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #25 on: May 01, 2015, 06:16:05 PM »
It will be great to see the bench back in it's rightfull place

Offline soniaP

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #26 on: May 01, 2015, 06:35:29 PM »
Oh yes, I can see the bench on the webcam. Can't wait to sit on it.

Booking.com