Author Topic: Arillas newbie  (Read 39140 times)

Offline tab

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
Re: Arillas newbie
« Reply #30 on: March 22, 2015, 12:25:09 AM »
Yes we were thinking of trying to hire a boat for the day and visit some coves, never done it before.
And I do vaguely remember the one-armed bloke on the square, thought he was just nutty and not pissed on raki. I used to drink down on the seafront at Matthews (not a very Greek name) bar, but he had so much pride in his work and serving customers.

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #31 on: March 22, 2015, 01:03:36 PM »
It is still possible that Gary will be back in Arillas , this Summer, with the boats.

When I see him I'll ask.

Cheers
Negg

Offline tab

« Reply #32 on: March 22, 2015, 05:56:57 PM »
Cheers Eggy, maybe you can get some prices to please

Offline GaryS

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #33 on: March 22, 2015, 07:37:07 PM »
Gary used to charge us around 60 euros for a 10hp boat out of Arillas for the day. It will be around the same from San Stef if the guys are not back in Arillas this year. We tend to go south as there are loads of bays and coves to stop, snorkel and take lunch. We used to do the full day, 10am-6pm and used around 25-30 euros of fuel which you pay on your return. The boats normally take 4-6 adults. As for snorkelling, yes it isn't great from the beach, but if you go to the far end of the south beach and snorkel from there it is much better with more rocks and sealife.

Offline soniaP

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #34 on: March 22, 2015, 08:18:42 PM »
About mozzies , they seem to love me. The air con really helps as they don't like the cold. Also like Jo says keep your apartment door shut at night. They also seem worse at the tavernas near the sea front. Boots after sum with insect repellent is also good.

Offline tab

« Reply #35 on: March 22, 2015, 08:46:49 PM »
I keep telling the missus that shes much tastier  than me that's why they go for her haha. Shes already on the case Sonia and taken Jo's advice and  ordered a load of Avon skin so soft, but has gone for the gel and not the spray oil, she doesn't get on with sprays. Got a bargain though, 250ml each for £1.75 (on Avons site) so got 4 of them. I have seen some apartments with mozzie nets but not at Mirage unfortunately

Offline TONYNEW

• Arillas 2016
  • Arillas regular visitor
  • Forum Fanatic
  • Dionysos
    • Tonys webshots
« Reply #36 on: March 22, 2015, 10:14:51 PM »
Deffo hire a boat you will love it this is from 2012
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-LM0ETninw

Offline himishere

« Reply #37 on: April 07, 2015, 09:39:34 PM »
You will love the place, don't be afraid to wander from the beachfront and try the restaurants throughout the village, some do themselves an injustice valuing themselves as snack bars etc., when the food is top notch. Full menus and daily specials take some beating for quality and value.

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #38 on: April 08, 2015, 01:44:03 AM »
Very well said "Youarethere"
Negg

Offline suzy61

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #39 on: April 08, 2015, 11:35:10 AM »
Couldn't agree more!
We went on a few walks away from the main part of the village and came across many snack bars and cafeterias which served excellent food!
As amazing as it is on the sea front, it was just as lovely to be sitting close by to the countryside amongst the olive groves and the sounds of the cicadas in the background eating some fantastic food...so tranquil!

Suzy X

Offline tab

« Reply #40 on: April 08, 2015, 08:25:06 PM »
Sounds like a good plan Suzy, we do love walking in the countryside so will be keeping an eye out for places to eat and drink and as you say its just as nice (well nearly) as sitting on the seafront admiring the sea and sunsets whilst sipping your favourite tipple.

Booking.com