Author Topic: Questions  (Read 8335 times)

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
Questions
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2006, 11:04:01 AM »
Exactly!  Just what we intend to do....I dont mind 1/2hr to 1hr but any longer and I am climbing up the walls after being cooped up for so long.
Last year we stayed in Agios Gordios and the transfer was great - about 20-30 mins.  But, we were delayed on the plane as they wouldnt let us land at Corfu Airport - apparently the ATC said they had too many planes landing that morning already and it was only about 11.30 a.m. So we circled for about an hr then and as we were nearly out of fuel we shot off to Brindisi, Italy for refueling then 1/2hr back again to Corfu and then the usual mad rush for bags at Corfu - not a good introduction for us to Corfu but having a short transfer helped take the sting out of it. All in all the travelling time was almost 12 hrs so by the time we got to our accommodation and unpacked we were too shattered to do anything but go to bed - whole day wasted! I dont intend to add another 3 hrs travelling when I dont have to hence a taxi!! Let's hope it all goes to plan eh!
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Offline vivian

• Vivian
  • Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Stay Nude it ant Rude
    • http://www.holmvalley.com
Questions
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2006, 07:57:53 PM »
Hi Dave, did you get my e-mail. Viv

Stay Nude it ante rude

Offline Dave Griffiths

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
Questions
« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2006, 11:18:28 AM »
Sorry Viv been away for a few days, yes I did get your e-mail thanks for the info, how much did it cost? thanks again Viv.

Take care.

Dave.
I’ve skipped the light Fandango
Turned cartwheels `cross the floor
And seen the ceiling fly away.

Offline vivian

• Vivian
  • Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Stay Nude it ant Rude
    • http://www.holmvalley.com
Questions
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2006, 11:04:18 AM »
Hi, Cant remember exactly how much it cost but do remember thinking it was steep but Pete really wanted to go so I begruddingly paid the money and of we went. After a really full day, a lovely meal, a smashing Guide, and only changing 20 euros and getting over 2000 lecs and ofcourse the experiecene of seeing a country we hadnt seen before. I changed my mind completly and actully would now say it was a very resonable day out. Think it was about 38 euros each.
 As I said in my e-mail to Dave I do not think it is the place for Children and if you have youngster's I would give it another 10 years, the only thing is by then it could be the new Ibiza, the weather is meant to be good all year round and tourism seems to be there main income. We will certainly go back in a few years time to see how much it has changed. Viv

Stay Nude it ante rude

Booking.com