Author Topic: makris  (Read 45086 times)

Offline Mossey

• Silver Medal {over 40 posts}
makris
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2006, 07:11:26 PM »
Quote from: blondegirl
Hi, Mossey,  if you go to this sites homepage and scroll to the bottom you will see that a map is being made.  If you click on that you will see a handwritten map of all the places in Arillas and Makris is there, we are staying in the Galini which is just around the bend.  I found this helpful to see where everything is..

Thanks  :D

Offline Lozicle

• Arillas Addict
  • That's me :)
    • http://www.myspace.com/lozicle
makris
« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2006, 02:22:20 PM »
My fiance and I are staying at the Makris from 26th June for 2 weeks and really looking forward to it :)
Will make my report when we return but from what people have said so far it seems lovely!

We are currenlty undecided about whether to get a taxi to transfer because I remember it being a very long journey (2-3 hours). I'm unsure about booking one in advance, so I think we'll try our luck when we get there and have spoken to the rep on arrival.

We're also keen to hire a car - but again don't want to book one in advance incase our plans change. Is there a good rental place based in Arillas ?

Offline Mick and Jill

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Forum Fanatic
makris
« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2006, 03:31:01 PM »
Hi, just back from Makris yesterday was there for a week.  The apartments were spotless and bigger than I expected, definatly value for money.  There was a seperate kitchen which was adequate for what we needed.  The Grandson loved the pool although he was the only one brave enough to get in there although it did warm up by mid afternoon.  Although we have been going to Arillas a number of years this was our first stay there, we normaly stay down at Portofino so it was a completly different kind of holiday.  Only down side for me was we couldn't stay at Coconut Bar as late as we normaly do as Calum was a bit nervous of the dark walk back.  By the way must thank Kostas and Maria from Coconut for our lifts back the late nights we did stay out.  Hope you enjoy your holiday there as much as we did.
Jill XXX

Offline Lozicle

• Arillas Addict
makris
« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2006, 04:06:55 PM »
That's good to know :) Thanks.

What things do you get in the kitchens there ?

Offline Mossey

makris
« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2006, 04:09:55 PM »
Quote from: Lozicle
My fiance and I are staying at the Makris from 26th June for 2 weeks and really looking forward to it :)
Will make my report when we return but from what people have said so far it seems lovely!

We are currenlty undecided about whether to get a taxi to transfer because I remember it being a very long journey (2-3 hours). I'm unsure about booking one in advance, so I think we'll try our luck when we get there and have spoken to the rep on arrival.

We're also keen to hire a car - but again don't want to book one in advance incase our plans change. Is there a good rental place based in Arillas ?

hi, looking forward to your report staying there in Aug, have already hired a jeep for 4 days through Arillas rent a car,( not paid money in advance, not keen on giving credit card details!, they were happy with this)  they are going to deliver to the Makris , and pick up, prices they gave wre fiat punto 4 days 166euros, 7=284, jeep 4=237, 7= 407, thought it best to book as going out in Aug, but worth you sending them an e mail, (info@arillas_rentacar.com) att Theo.  Have a good time!

Offline Lozicle

• Arillas Addict
makris
« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2006, 06:17:25 PM »
Cheers Mossey, that's great info ! :) Prices seem good too :)

I will definitely drop them a line, but I think we'll wait until we get there to book. You never know how you're going to feel once you get there do you - might just wanna sit on the beach for the full 14 days :lol:

I'll try to get some decent pics of the accomodation - something I wish tour operaters would do a better job of.  :roll:

Offline Mossey

makris
« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2006, 06:26:57 PM »
Quote from: Lozicle
Cheers Mossey, that's great info ! :) Prices seem good too :)

I will definitely drop them a line, but I think we'll wait until we get there to book. You never know how you're going to feel once you get there do you - might just wanna sit on the beach for the full 14 days :lol:

I'll try to get some decent pics of the accomodation - something I wish tour operaters would do a better job of.  :roll:

have got some pics, that have been sent to me by some that has stayed there, if you want sent me your e mail address and i can them to you, also have a look on the main forum, under general info , there is a topic about halfway down about accommodation photos and people putting them on a website.

Offline Mick and Jill

• Forum Fanatic
makris
« Reply #22 on: May 30, 2006, 07:32:33 PM »
Hi Lozicle

I also have some photos which I took last week, if you send me your email address I will forward them to you.

The kitchen has an oven, kettle, cutlery, crockery, glasses, table and chairs and fridge.  I have to admit we ate out alot as it was cheaper than buying odds and ends from the local supermarket.  In the apartment we had there was a balcony looking out over the pool area and you could see the sea in the distance, scenery is great.  There is a pool side bar which is open until the last person leaves.  It was still quiet last week and Calum was the only child staying there, it was very quiet and peaceful.  There are a couple of swings near the entrance for the kids.  I did notice the pool man there every morning cleaning the pool of all the dead bugs etc.  As I previously said the only down side was the walk back on a night, I would definatly recommend these apartments from our experience.  If I wasn't going to stay at Portofino in September I would go back to the makris.

Let me know if you want the photos sent

Jill
Jill XXX

Offline georgina

Makris
« Reply #23 on: May 30, 2006, 10:25:29 PM »
we are staying there for 2 weeks from the 19th June - can't wait glad to hear that children like it as we have got 2!

Offline Mick and Jill

• Forum Fanatic
makris
« Reply #24 on: May 30, 2006, 11:14:19 PM »
Hi Georgina

the only thing I would ask you to watch out for is that the pool doesn't have a special childrens area so supervision is needed at all times.  Calum is 8 and managed no bother near the steps and aroud the edges which was raised but the middle and the end away from the steps could be an issue.

Jill
Jill XXX

Offline Lozicle

• Arillas Addict
makris
« Reply #25 on: May 31, 2006, 01:29:11 PM »
Thanks Mick and Jill and Mossey. I'd love the photo's if you wouldn't mind sending them over. I'll pm you both with my email address :)
Thanks for the descriptions too - I really can't wait now.

Georgina - sounds like we'll be arriving in your second week :)

Offline Lozicle

• Arillas Addict
makris
« Reply #26 on: June 01, 2006, 11:50:27 AM »
Thanks for the phot's Mossey - they were really helpful :) We'll definitely get some more at the end of June for you :)

Offline georgina

makris
« Reply #27 on: June 06, 2006, 11:02:56 PM »
Mossys photos were great, much better than the Manos brocure!!

We have decided to get a taxi as even in Oct last year when the island was mostly closed we had to do the round trip thing which took 3 hours....in the heat with 2 young children and havingt got the the airport at 5am it seems like 45euros that will be well spent.

Offline Mossey

makris
« Reply #28 on: June 07, 2006, 03:11:53 AM »
Quote from: georgina
Mossys photos were great, much better than the Manos brocure!!

We have decided to get a taxi as even in Oct last year when the island was mostly closed we had to do the round trip thing which took 3 hours....in the heat with 2 young children and havingt got the the airport at 5am it seems like 45euros that will be well spent.

glad you liked them, can't take credit for them though, they are what people have sent to me, just passing them on.  The transfer from the airport does seem to be a bit long winded, so many have complained and made comments about it, not a good way to start a holiday!

Offline Lennie

makris
« Reply #29 on: June 08, 2006, 03:45:28 PM »
HI, we're going to makris  19 june for 2 weeks. We've been to arillas a couple of times, last time we stopped at Galini which I gather is a similar distance to the sea/restuarants/bars etc. Glad to read good reports of Makris. From people we've spoken to before I think most accomodation is of a reasonable to good standard anyway. Lots of people return year on year but stopping at different places.
Car hire & scooter hire is easily available, certainly in June but you can always walk over to San Stefanos if you're unlucky. A couple of hire places there & they will deliver & collect. Journey from airport is very trying as Arillas is usuallyu last stop so taxi is good option.

Booking.com