Author Topic: Vavilas studio's/apartments - NOT to be confused with Thomas Bungalows!  (Read 30133 times)

Offline Bella

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Arillas Addict
Hi,

I might live to regret posting this gem of an email address but here goes anyway lol!

My dear friend Thomas's email is: vavilasfishinghuts@gmail.com

Just hope in sharing this that:

1) He gets loads of bookings
 2) I haven't ruined my chances of him having a vacancy when I want one!

Bella x

Offline gaye

• Forum Fanatic
Re: Vavilas studio's/apartments - NOT to be confused with Thomas Bungalows!
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2013, 05:16:37 PM »
Are those the apartments behind Thomas' Fish Restaurants? We stayed there on our first visit to Arillas in 2002 pre swimming pool era. Lovely family and fab restaurant! x
gaygo

Offline Bella

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2013, 05:28:35 PM »
Hi,

Thomas's fish restaurant is called Vavilas and yes, this is the email to contact him and for booking his accommodation which is directly behind his restaurant and pool.

'Thomas Bungalows' are also behind the restaurant - very confusing for those who don't know, but they are nothing to do with Thomas of Vavilas and don't have a pool - hope this all makes sense lol!

Bella x

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2013, 06:59:41 PM »
Much is confusing in Arillas Clare. Personally I have given up trying to resolve it, I just order another Mythos, and listen.

You wouldn't believe the stories I have heard.... but I am a soul of discretion, and most of them remain firmly secret.

Vavilas was voted by forum members the best restaurant in Arillas, and the monkfish, which I adored in July, got more than double the votes of the nearest competitor as the best meal.

Phil

Offline Bella

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2013, 10:50:32 PM »
Lol Phil - Clare - who's Clare?

Have to agree on the Mythos - love the stuff! - maybe a little too much - its not a good image for a woman to be downing pint after pint but they don't do halves as far as I know - not that I would ever transform into a ladylike half pinter if they did! - oops, is that even a word?

As for the best restaurant in Arillas - have to agree - Vavilas for me, is just the best place to eat and the monkfish is what I order night after night, well in fact the whole 3 courses - baked feta, monkfish and greek yoghurt,strawberries and honey - totally orgasmic!

My other fave is of course Brouklis - I'm a pescetarian - a veggie who eats fish and find loads on Dimitri's menu to cater to my needs unlike most!

And then the stories ha ha - Ive been going to Arillas for over 10 years and yes, like you, cant quite believe the things Ive heard!
Never a dull moment eh?

Bella xx

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2013, 11:16:37 PM »
Sorry Bella - I broke my rule and tried to remember names. You certainly made a big impression on Poppy, Bobby and the Bardis family. I guess it's because the pool bar is closed at Bardis Sun Hotel at 6 pm so I have heard on here.

Thomas has been looking after us since 2002, and some of our dear friends too. I only want to make one comment. He looked a million dollars this year. Slim, healthy, alive, and most important HAPPY! The season wasn't as hectic as last year, but his whole family were handling it. I am one of his greatest fans.

Phil

Offline Bella

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2013, 11:26:16 PM »
Oh dear ha ha! yes my story this year was a good one for all in Arillas - they couldn't quite believe it! Hey ho, the situation left me free have fun of my own - which I did!

And yes - Thomas was looking the best Ive ever seen him and was the funniest Ive ever heard him - had me literally in tears some nights with his tales - particularly the one he tells night after night of how he 'found' Michael!

Offline gaye

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2013, 01:17:49 AM »
Am nosily intrigued!!!
gaygo

Offline Bella

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2013, 01:19:44 AM »
Ha ha On?

Offline Val n Bill

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2013, 09:22:48 AM »

Me too Bella, on both stories, when we visited Thomas, it was busy both nights so only had the briefest time with him. As for your own story......now I am intrigued.

Val x
The love affair continues.

Offline Bella

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2013, 08:57:48 PM »
Well,
as much as I would like to share the tale Thomas tells of how he found Michael, I really wouldn't want to spoil his comedy act by posting it on here as it really is best told by Thomas himself lol - be sure to ask him when you next see him!

As for my story, I couldn't possibly post it on a public forum - what happened in Arillas stays in Arillas ha ha!

Offline Val n Bill

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2013, 10:05:04 PM »

Ok Bella, in complete agreement ;)

Will be seeing Thomas next week so will make sure we get the full story. Hope we can pin him down this time, although if we do I probably won't be able to walk home without assistance, he's very handy at filling your glass while talking.

Val x

The love affair continues.

Offline Bella

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2013, 02:20:46 AM »
Lol Val - I hope you find it as funny as I and many other guests did night after night and good look with staggering home!- he's a bugger for re- filling your glass isn't he! You just gotta love him!

Offline SunshineGal77

« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2013, 12:40:25 PM »
Hi there Bella,

Thank you for the email - I am trying to plan Arillas 2014 and was looking at Vavilas.  I stayed in Arillas last month and the other week and we ate there on both holidays, lovely!

Just one question tho - how long does it take for Thomas to reply please? I know he is a busy man but I was just wondering... I emailed the Marinaki over a week ago and they haven't replied yet!

Just need EasyJet to release their summer 2014 flights and I'm sorted :)

Offline Bella

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2013, 12:47:35 PM »
Hi there,

Thomas is a very, very busy man lol but he usually replies within 24 hours x

Booking.com