Author Topic: Hello, visiting for the 1st time soon.....  (Read 7991 times)

Offline HH

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
Re: Hello, visiting for the 1st time soon.....
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2013, 09:25:51 PM »
Hello Dave,
We will be at Anna's (9th time) when you arrive. You'll soon spot me as I love chatting to other guests ...
Do leave time for a nightcap in Anna's bar, that's where we all meet up after our night "on the town".
Anna and her family are lovely, as are all the people of Arillas.
See you soon, H

Offline Diane and Terry

• Silver Medal {over 40 posts}
« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2013, 10:02:50 PM »

Hello Dave and HH, we arrive at Annas on Sept 6th. Look forward to meeting you. 

Offline HH

« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2013, 10:26:08 PM »
Dave, Diane and Terry,
Anna's could be a merry place when we all meet up! There will also be another couple there who we met last year.
You'll spot me on the back of our scooter ...

This time next week we'll be at the airport hotel and in Arillas the following lunchtime. By the time you arrive we'll be in true Arillas mode.
Look forward to sharing a drink or two with you. HH

Offline Diane and Terry

« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2013, 10:30:49 PM »

We'll be in time for our usual "nightcap" too!!!!

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2013, 11:02:37 PM »
Diane, are they the very delectable shots that Anna makes? Usually very alcoholic, creamy and chocolate? Or are they the Black Russians "with very little Coke in the glass?"

In my mind just now I am sitting by the bar in Anna's, laughing with a stranger, someone I met not half an hour earlier, comparing our day in Arillas and agreeing what a wonderful day we had. But then I realise it is memories, because I, and many of my friends have done that for real.

Phil

Offline Diane and Terry

« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2013, 11:24:29 PM »

Hello Phil, it's a choice between G&T, a large glass of wine or one of Tassos delicious cocktails.  Terry is a real ale drinker and likes the red Label Corfu Beer.  Which reminds me......Brewery Tour.

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2013, 11:56:20 PM »
I'm not jealous...

Jen only likes real ale. The only beer to get anywhere near it is that one, But it isn't a deal-breaker for her. She loves Arilas as much as I do. It's just that I never stop talking about it that gives her grief.....

Yammas, Kalinichta

Phil

Offline Diane and Terry

« Reply #22 on: August 19, 2013, 07:04:41 PM »

Lisa & Steve the Arillas wine festival is on Sept 7th.

Offline jean

« Reply #23 on: August 19, 2013, 11:04:11 PM »
Hi Dave, Diane and Terry and HH
We will be at Anna's too - 26th to 9th for our 7th (we think) visit. We will be joined for the first time by our daughter and son in law so very excited.
Look forward to meeting you all.

Offline HH

« Reply #24 on: August 20, 2013, 12:32:17 AM »
Hello Jean,
It will confuse Anna when many of her guests appear to "know" each other!
Bit of a race on to see if you arrive first on 26th ...or perhaps we'll beat you to the bar.

We had three weeks with Anna last year and our daughter joined us for one of those weeks. Glad to say she loved Arillas and fully understood our reasons for returning (year after year). Bet your family will feel the same. HH

Offline Northerndave

• Yammas
« Reply #25 on: August 20, 2013, 10:21:01 PM »
Wow, I've been away for a day and came back on to find that there are now 4 groups that will all be there, at Annas, at the same time, I am so looking forward to meeting you all at some point and enjoying a nightcap. I love White Russians (the drink - lol), so hearing about those cocktails makes me want the 2 weeks to pass by even quicker so I can be there :)

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #26 on: August 20, 2013, 11:09:24 PM »
Ah, this sounds so familiar to me. I will never forget meeting Dave and Anne on forum, then for real in Arillas. They invited us to Tria Adelphia one evening, and along with them were a football ref John and his adorable wife Dot. By the end of the evening a new friendship had been born. This was in 2008, 5 years ago.

We walked back to the corner, and they went off up to Christos apartments. We were staying at Anna's, but headed for the Nut. Since then we have shared many joyous times together, including here in England. We usually visit table 13 at Brouklis on the night the second pair arrive. And we will next year.

But this is only one story of how friendships develop in the heady atmosphere of Arillas.

Phil

Offline JohnTheRef&Dot

• ARILLIAC
  • First star to the right and straight on to Arillas
« Reply #27 on: August 20, 2013, 11:35:09 PM »
 Phil me old mate.
What a great evening we had at the Tria. the first of quite a few good evenings we have shared in Arillas.

Our Brouklis evenings have been evenings where we have had fun and laughed lots. Memories of Noufris asking us if we remembered Nikos the guy who used to work there (Nikos had only just left to start his new venture). The evening I had the Ice cream with the candle in it (think the boss had something to do with that)
The time you got the couple walking past to come inside and they ended up eating there. The surprise arrival of Marika (motorbike helmet in hand)

To think it all started on the forum when we used to get together in the old chat room.
We have a lot to thank that chat room for.
More Brouklis evenings to come.

And to all you people who will be at Anna’s, get yourselves together for an evening, enjoy good food and drink,  start a friendship that you may only share when in Arillas, but I will guarantee it will become a friendship that will last forever.

Dot and I can vouch for that, and so can Phil and Jen. (Along with a great weekend down at Baltonsbrough) thanks for having us round   

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #28 on: August 20, 2013, 11:59:16 PM »
I apologise in advance for treating this topic like a social network. But I got into so much trouble with Dimitris for dragging people in off the street. I blush whenever I think about it. They just don't do that! My only defence is that while I chatted to them, smoking my fag away from the diners, the couple told me they were going to Kostas on the Beach, but had changed their minds after such a warm welcome, and they ate at Brouklis.

I guess the point is Dave, that you will be amazed at the atmosphere you will be breathing. I bet you spend quite a few happy evenings at Anna's pool bar, basking in the warmth of the welcome you will receive from both locals and tourists.

Phil

Booking.com