Guns, Roses and Coconuts

Started by justphil, August 14, 2013, 08:12:39 PM

justphil

For those of us who don't follow the Arillas groups on Facebook, a major event took place yesterday night. Ron Thal, the lead guitarist of Guns 'n Roses perfomed live in the Coconut Bar to a packed audience, supported by musicians from the Rock School. 

It may not be everyone's thang, but it was captured in detail by our own Yiota, and looked like the best evening ever in the Nut. Typically, Jen and I missed it to our great disappointment.

If Yiota gives me permission, I will post a few of her many candid and special photos.

Phil

kevin.g

it looked like a full house,and a good night ,,,yiammas

mikul101

I was there as well and will post a couple of photos when I work out how to download them from my camera. It was a good night. He was playing with a band, forgot their name and mainly played claptonand rolling stones covers, with an extra adlibed guitar solo. Total respect for the guy. The nut was very busy with lots of people, myself included on the road blocking traffic

justphil

Rock on....

Arillas, Ron Thal, and a cast of hundreds.....
Phil

Jo Wissett

Haha brilliant. Could Kostas's smile be ANY wider?? He was sooo excited about this guy coming.

sharonF

Fantastic! What an amazing night that would have been

Sharon x

Val n Bill

Well you all know what I am going to say... "Just wish I was there" Sharon you're right
Fantastic night, missed. :( :(

Val x
The love affair continues.

Paul D

Would love to have been there last night.  Just hope Splinter band play the Nut in a couple of weeks time - with, maybe, another `guest`.
Have seen the video of Sam doing Hotel California - brilliant!

Paul
Arillas - `perfect antidote to life`s stresses and strains`!

AJC51

Gutted at missing this Gig!
Al + an even more gutted Son

gaye

Looks like a fantastic gig soooooo wish that we had been there!
gaygo

Pete E

I've seen all the publicity for this but I thought Guns N Roses guitarist was Slash!

gaye

Saul Hudson ( Slash) was lead guitarist in late 80s early 90s and then left the band
gaygo

Jo Wissett

The band that he was playing with in the Coconut (forget their name) we saw a couple of times in July. The young lad on guitar was excellent, with a great voice as well. Unfortunately the lead singer, we thought, was a tad Vic Reeves Club singer! We felt like doing a Simon Cowell and saying to him, listen lose the guy on vocals and you will go far haha!

Martin_G

It was a fab night, I normally miss these kind of things, but so pleased to catch this one.. and so many people!! I think at one point the road was basically closed as nothing could get past the crowds.. great night!

Martin