Author Topic: Reserved Seats?  (Read 9390 times)

Offline Steph ~

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Arillas Addict
Re: Reserved Seats?
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2013, 02:24:08 PM »
For the record - liquids also includes Marmite! :D  I argued that one for ages  (I for one would like to see someone pour Marmite on to toast!!!) but it was confiscated at Birmingham Airport resulting in 2 Marmiteless weeks in the USA. Lesson learned! 

Offline Paul D

• Forum Fanatic
  • Welsh Arilliac
« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2013, 02:35:50 PM »
Thanks for the refresher course on liquids.  Had`nt thought of some of them. Seems to me that their still going overboard but that`s just my opinion.  Take sharp objects, for example. Scissors and knives etc, well, couldn`t a pen or possibly a toothbrush be used as a weapon?  if we want to fly, then we have to follow their rules, though.

Paul
Arillas - `perfect antidote to life`s stresses and strains`!

Offline daisyday

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2013, 03:27:52 PM »
And because I can't be bothered with those plastic bags I take no liquids at all with me.  I reckon I can just about manage! 

And I want to know why I'm always the one that gets picked for rub down searches.  We were just about to board in Cancun this year when they pushed my husband through but wanted me to take off my sandals etc.  My husband waited and they wanted him to get on the plane which he wasn't very happy about (and didn't go on) but due to the nature of his work he is well aware of rub down searches/security issues and always laughs at the airport at the poor quality of the checks.  As he says, I a just boarding the plane, I've been in the airport 3 hours, my hand baggage has all been scanned and now they want to check them as I board?   

We flew to Iceland right after 9/11 and went with Icelandic Air and that was just when they brought in the security checks of no sharps etc to be brought on board and then we were actually handed real cutlery to use on the flight!  I think they need to think through their processes a bit more so they make sense to us mortals.

Offline Rachel B

• Forum Fanatic
  • When my fridge is empty, so is my heart
    • Instagram
« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2013, 03:33:32 PM »
I feel your pain Steph, the b*gg*rs took my precious cherry jam off me a couple of years ago!! lol

Offline Val n Bill

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2013, 02:22:35 AM »
Always stick to the rules, I take vital medication with me when I travel, it is always taken away but brought back after examination. If you take something that you shouldn't... i.e. larger then the 100ml rule, expect to have it confiscated.  Just wish I could keep my bottle of water though.
Sick of paying airline prices to take my pills :)

Val x
The love affair continues.

Offline KarenL

« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2013, 07:49:31 PM »
Val,
You should be able to buy water at the airport after security, and still take it onto the plane.  Not as cheap as the High Street, but less than airline prices.  WHSmith often have an offer of "free" water when you buy the Telegraph, or Superdrug often have a "Two for something or other" ... which works out cheaper but you end up with more water to carry.

Offline Val n Bill

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2013, 08:47:26 PM »

Yes Karen we do buy it after security..... but it's still double the price of the supermarkets. I buy bottled water in bulk from Costco, works out about 10p a bottle.

Val x
The love affair continues.

Offline biglee

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
    • clements locksmiths
« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2013, 09:10:12 PM »
For the record - liquids also includes Marmite! :D  I argued that one for ages  (I for one would like to see someone pour Marmite on to toast!!!) but it was confiscated at Birmingham Airport resulting in 2 Marmiteless weeks in the USA. Lesson learned! 

i know it bloody re-dic -u - luss - negg asked me to bring him some piccalli over - i did and they took it of me.. some customs officer probably had it with his sarnies
I LOVE ARILLAS IT'S GODS LITTLE ACRE.

DONT ASK FOR CHANGE IT'S PERFECT THE WAY IT Is

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2013, 10:16:17 PM »
I often wonder what they do with all the confiscated items. Wonder if they have a raffle at the end of each day!! I think that you should be given the option to retrieve on your return journey although I suppose the logistics of this would prove too expensive

Booking.com