Author Topic: Kaloudis  (Read 11836 times)

Offline Meg

Re: Kaloudis
« Reply #30 on: May 21, 2013, 10:23:34 AM »
have been coming to arillas since arilla inn was open and before leo started ammos would just like it returned to its former glory and lovely food always ordered oregano bread it was great. still just to be back will be a bonus roll on June 14th.

Offline Ron and Sue

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #31 on: May 21, 2013, 02:14:13 PM »
Shame about the Arilla Inn.Must be 10 years since it closed and it is in such a perfect position.I think someone told me it was a family dispute that caused it to close.Maybe  other forum members know the real story.

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
« Reply #32 on: May 21, 2013, 05:28:22 PM »
They all seem to do well on the sea front so I am surprised no one has taken it on in that time .....
Business opportunity for one of the many people on here that would like to make a home in Arillas perhaps ?
Wolverhampton Wanderers, pride of The Midlands......

Offline june

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #33 on: May 21, 2013, 08:06:36 PM »
The Arillas Inn was still open in 2006 but was closed by 2007. Unfortunately it can't be taken over as it's a family dispute so hopefully once it's settled it will re open. Until then Leo has made a brill job of Ammos and it's a lovely chilled out place to relax and watch the world go by.

June 

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
« Reply #34 on: May 22, 2013, 12:47:31 AM »
It's a shame

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #35 on: May 22, 2013, 03:26:07 AM »
I don't pretend to know why Arillas Inn closed, but have heard very many stories. All of what I have read here on forum of course, and a few from people actually there. I don't know what to believe.

It must be very attractive to folk who want to live there as a business (working through the season 24 hours a day) as Truth says. It could command a very good price if this happens.

But in the end, the future of Arillas and its micro-economy is much dearer to me, and I think it is time to make it another profitable attraction on the sea front. I don't care how or who, just when.

Phil

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
« Reply #36 on: May 22, 2013, 01:25:47 PM »
Its a bit of a pet hate of mine seeing tavernas/shops/hotels closed down , especially when they are in such a prime posotion to do well. I see this far too often in Anaxos (Lesvos) and its not nice.
Lets just hope somehow or someway it does open again , and soon ......

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #37 on: May 22, 2013, 05:56:45 PM »
It is a real shame as that always used to be one of our faves but luckily we still get to have a natter to Leo at Ammos next door. I know it aint exactly Greek but their lasagne was ti die for and oregano bread.  MMMMmmmm!

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
« Reply #38 on: May 22, 2013, 05:59:32 PM »
Never went in Ammos last year but its on next weeks "hit list" !

Booking.com