Author Topic: cancelled holiday  (Read 64022 times)

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
Re: cancelled holiday
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2012, 04:50:39 PM »
This is not looking good. You can bet as well they knew months ago they were dropping the North West, they don't just suddenly decide this at the start of the season. That means they have been mis selling (thats being polite, fraudulantly selling is more accurate!) holidays to Arillas knowing that there would be no holidays to be had there.......
I KNOW for a fact that a friend of ours in Lesvos withdrew from a travel company SIX months before they took his property off their website. They were basically using his property and its good name to sell holidays to the island knowing that they were not contracted to him. Unreal !
Wolverhampton Wanderers, pride of The Midlands......

Offline GaryS

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2012, 05:27:37 PM »
I would never accept anything these lot say. If I couldn't get Arillas I would demand say Kassiopi at the least as long as it was an upgrade. Failing that I would go for a full refund and rebook something like the Akti through TC. Then I would complain to Olympic on your return and be a right royal pain to them. It took us two years to get compo from TC for a different complaint, but 15+ letters later they gave in and funded part of our 2010 holiday to Arillas.

Don't let them win!

Offline Anne

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Super Member {over 100 posts}
  • Retired and loving it!
« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2012, 05:42:35 PM »
So sorry for you - as Jo said there shoud be some accomodation available this early in the season - have a look at the Marvel Hotel - they do free transfers too. Good luck xx
We were in Arillas for 2 whole months and going again for 2 weeks :-)

Offline tsbs21

« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2012, 08:31:57 PM »
I thought at one point Akti went with Olympic, are they not now then?  If they were Olympic should just swap you over.  No help to you but perhaps that should all warn us to not use Olympic as they have let Christos carry on trading even though we all knew what was happening and so do they.  Sorry though Stu - just get a bus to Arillas and/or keep complaining to Olympic. 

Offline BILLYB

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2012, 08:42:42 PM »
olympic say that christos contract was cancelled on the 1st may.If thats the case they must have known a while ago.i wont be booking with them again (cowboys). Looks like Roda it is ! gutted

Offline GaryS

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2012, 09:44:39 PM »
Akti in the UK is Thomas Cook, this year will be our third visit through TC to this hotel.

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2012, 11:09:47 PM »
I say, take your refund get the cheapest possible flights you can find (try Easyjet, Manos, Monarch, Thomas cook, Thomson) then turn up, have a Mythos in the Marina with that gorgeous view and consider which way to walk! I promise you that you will not regret your decision! Live on the edge! :-)

Offline BILLYB

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
« Reply #22 on: May 05, 2012, 01:08:19 AM »
Has anyone been in touch with christos to see whats going on ? We were wondering whether to phone Angela to see whats happening only we would rather cancel and go to christos if accommodation prices were right.  We've seen cheap flights but can't afford to pay more than we already have for the holiday

Offline kevin.g

• ARILLIAC
  • Kevin and julie
« Reply #23 on: May 05, 2012, 12:21:51 PM »
billyb
accommodation this time of the yr can range between e25-e35 p/d..for a studio or apt,,try phoning,, or do what many have done get a cheap flight ,then taxi to resort and sort it out when you get there,,im sure there will be plenty of beds to choose from ,,yammas........

Offline PPMMAN

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
« Reply #24 on: May 05, 2012, 12:58:46 PM »
I say, take your refund get the cheapest possible flights you can find (try Easyjet, Manos, Monarch, Thomas cook, Thomson) then turn up, have a Mythos in the Marina with that gorgeous view and consider which way to walk! I promise you that you will not regret your decision! Live on the edge! :-)

AND ! AND ! Tell the good folk at The Marina  that Jo Wisset sent you >that,ll sort it ?? llol

Offline vivian

• Vivian
  • ARILLIAC
  • Stay Nude it ant Rude
    • http://www.holmvalley.com
« Reply #25 on: May 05, 2012, 02:25:20 PM »
Only my point of view but They made a contract with you for you to stay in Arillas and if you find anywhere which by the sounds of it you can they should pay the extra for you to stay there. Ring them and say if you dont get accomadation in Arillas you will be going to see a solicitar and taking the story to the papers. It might just work if you dont show any remous in voice. Best of Luck. Viv

Stay Nude it ante rude

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #26 on: May 05, 2012, 06:26:09 PM »
If it was me I would ask for compensation from moving from my desired desigation to another.

Then, if and when compensation is offered, take their Roda alternative, and then get a lift to Arillas, find an appt and go private.

Just before you are due to fly home get transport back to Roda,if only for your last day.

The appt owner in Roda would save on "cleaning duties",still be paid, and you use the compensation for an appt in Arillas.

There are many here in Arillas that would transfer you. (I gotta Punto!)

Cheers
Negg

Offline Lindypops

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #27 on: May 06, 2012, 02:36:50 AM »
Not look at that site again.
Lindypops.

Offline tsbs21

« Reply #28 on: May 06, 2012, 06:30:37 PM »
I think we are getting confusing messages here, I don't think Olympic has dropped the whole of the NW of Corfu as Sidari, Roda etc are both in the NW and they are obviously still on as that is where people have been offered alternative accommodation.  I only know about Arillas and do not know if Olympic had places in San Stef, did they?   Assuming they did then Olympic have only droped the places very close to Arillas as well as Arillas it self.

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #29 on: May 07, 2012, 02:43:27 AM »
That's some good advice Eggy. Never thought of that. Although it still means forking out extra for accomm that they hadn't accounted for. Hmmmm..

Booking.com