Author Topic: Favourite food in Arillas quiz.  (Read 18862 times)

Offline Paul & Denise

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Super Member {over 100 posts}
Re: Favourite food in Arillas quiz.
« Reply #30 on: April 18, 2012, 12:52:14 PM »
Has to be Lamb Kleftico in Kostas, not just for the meal but because we always sit at the same table in the outside area whatever the weather! I'm sure they think we are mad but made of strong stuff here on the east coast. Seems forever till October but once we start seeing everyones holiday postings on here it soon comes round.

Offline GaryS

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #31 on: April 18, 2012, 12:54:17 PM »
Erm, hum, haa.... Whatever I eat, where ever I eat it as long as its in Arillas. I personally can't decide unless I have eaten everything on every menu in every place. Now that's a challenge I do accept. Yammas!

Offline cypress

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #32 on: April 18, 2012, 01:16:58 PM »
I've had to write down a list to take with me - I'm going to try everyone of these meals and can't wait!

I'm going on my own so don't think I'll be eating out on a night, do you know if these restaurants are open at lunch time?

Cypress

Offline Alan and Jan

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #33 on: April 18, 2012, 01:33:13 PM »
Hi Cypress
I'm sure everyone on here will agree with me. Whether you are on your own or not you just have to go out to eat in the evening. All the taverna owners will make you welcome and look after you. Most are open at lunchtime but we generally have a snack then not a full meal.
Alan and Jan

Eight letters, three words one meaning- Take That

Offline annemarsh

« Reply #34 on: April 18, 2012, 01:39:44 PM »
You just beat me to it , Alan and Jan.
Don't worry about going out in the evening Cypress - you'll feel so at ease and relaxed after a few days, you'll be partying with your new friends before you can say 'Metaxa' !

Anne

Offline GaryS

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #35 on: April 18, 2012, 01:41:14 PM »
Hi Cypress,

I totally agree with Alan and Jan. I hate eating alone when away with work, but if it was Arillas I would have no trouble. A warmer friendlier place you will never find.

Gary

Offline JohnTheRef&Dot

• ARILLIAC
  • First star to the right and straight on to Arillas
« Reply #36 on: April 18, 2012, 02:02:16 PM »
Cypress, you are never alone in Arillas
A lunchtime snack is fine and the food is good no matter what time of day it is, but eating out on an evening is part and parcel of Arillas.

You won’t be eating alone for long.

Offline Janis

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #37 on: April 18, 2012, 02:04:05 PM »
Effie's garlic prawns is at the top of my list - but, as has been previously said, there are so many places with such wonderful dishes just waiting for us ...

Mouthwatering thoughts!

Janis x

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
« Reply #38 on: April 18, 2012, 09:13:44 PM »
Cypress, you will be fine. I often go to Arillas on my own and what I used to do is take a book with me to a taverna - that way you don't look like a lost cause! However, I rarely had to read it as I usually end up chatting to someone, or joining someone at their table. Everybody will make you welcome.
Sandy x

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #39 on: April 18, 2012, 10:13:05 PM »
Everyone is right Cypress. We have met and chatted to many single women (and men) in the vast number of evenings we have eaten in Arillas. Nobody will stare or make you feel like a lost soul. Just give it a try.

Phil

Offline gaye

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #40 on: April 19, 2012, 12:39:54 AM »
When are you going cypress? x
gaygo

Offline cypress

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #41 on: April 19, 2012, 12:05:21 PM »
You are such a friendly lot, thank you.

This is a special treat for me, whenever I get chance I try to get away on my own but this time I'm going for 3 whole weeks on the 25th June.

As for eating out, those long leisurely lunches are something I'm dreaming about, on an evening I'd planned to eat at the apartments I'm staying at. So, if you see me I'm the one with a big gormless smile on my face!

Thanks again

Cypress

Offline emeralddragons

« Reply #42 on: April 21, 2012, 04:35:01 PM »
This happened a few years ago: we went to Brouklis late on our first evening, and were very happy to see both Dimitris and Arillas again. Tired after a day of travelling, we asked Dimitris to choose the food, knowing that whatever he served would be delicious.
What he actually brought us was a little bit of everything - and I mean absolutely everything! And not that little, at that! Must have been one of the best meals we have had in our entire lives. Even Dimitris looked a little surprised when he saw that we had emptied every single plate.
A tiny cup of Greek coffee together with a somewhat larger glass of Metaxa were the perfect digestivo. An unforgettable meal.
On the other hand, we have never been served food in Arillas that would have been less than perfect. We always stay at the Horizon, and are particularly fond of their fish dishes. Not to mention Efi's garlic prawns and... etc. etc.
Emeralddragons

Offline GaryS

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #43 on: April 21, 2012, 07:26:03 PM »
Cypress,

Me and Carolyn are there from the 25th June too, we might bump into you. Actually a few Forum regulars are there around the same time, Ger, Kevin g, TerryW to name a few. Most of us have mugshots on our profile so if you see any of us just say hi.

Gary

Offline NicandJohn

« Reply #44 on: April 22, 2012, 02:18:04 PM »
Kokoretsi at Tria, though Nic won't try it!

Booking.com