Author Topic: New and Unread Posts  (Read 4323 times)

Offline TONYNEW

• Arillas 2016
  • Arillas regular visitor
  • Forum Fanatic
  • Dionysos
    • Tonys webshots
New and Unread Posts
« on: January 09, 2012, 07:32:57 PM »
Hi folks i seem to have a slight problem here ,is anyone else when viewing the forum and you click either of Show unread posts since last visit.Show new replies to your posts.more often than not there say no new messages when new posts have in actual fact been posted !
Occasionally i do get new posts in both so it seems as if it's an intermittent problem , i usually have to click on the Forum and scroll down i think the last 10 posts or so are listed there but if more posts are put on it means trawling through each individual section to find them
Can anyone shed any light on this as i think if folk come on and get the message no new messages they might just give it up as a bad job and stop using the forum which is the last thing i and many others  would want as Dimitris does a fantastic job here and would hate it to be closed because of lack of use
Looking forward to your replies :-)
Tony

Offline Val n Bill

• ARILLIAC
Re: New and Unread Posts
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2012, 12:58:36 AM »

This sometimes happens to me as well Tony, and I know Phil mentioned it some time ago, but until he brought it up I had never experienced it before.
So maybe it's just a glich that happens now and again.

Val x
The love affair continues.

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2012, 08:32:30 AM »
It happens to me from time to time but seems to be ok at the moment.
Sandy x

Offline Geoff

• Corfiotophile
  • Arillas Addict
    • http://www.geoff-and-sue.freehighway.net
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2012, 10:32:28 AM »
Tony, do you close your web-browser between visits to the site?
I think that unless you do that the site thinks that you have not left it - so from that point of view there are no "new" posts for you as you have never been away.
Also, if you log-in to the site, then close your browser, then immediately open it and log-in again, then any topics which may have shown as "unread" when you first logged in will no longer be listed when you log-in the second time even though you did not read them on the first log-in, because from the point of view of the site there have been no "new" posts since your last log-in 30 seconds ago.
Does any of that make sense ??? Never was very good at explaining things. :-(
Home is where the heart is - CORFU :-)

Offline martin-w

• Forum Fanatic
  • Arillas, my second home!
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2012, 01:58:42 PM »
Hi Geoff!
Makes perfect sense to me. I had come to the same conclusion. Think you have 'hit the nail on the head' so to speak.
I have an iMac, thought it might be different to a P.C.,but if I log onto the Arillas website, then go back to my emails, then return to the website, all my 'unread' posts disappear!
Martin.

Offline TONYNEW

• Arillas 2016
  • Forum Fanatic
  • Dionysos
    • Tonys webshots
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2012, 07:13:08 PM »
That could be the answer then Geof although after saying that i usually read all the new posts when i log on and it only appears to have arisen over the last 3 to 4 weeks ,not to worry i shall persevere :-)
Tony

Booking.com