Author Topic: Thomas Cook Liquidity Issues  (Read 5504 times)

Offline Angela66

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
Thomas Cook Liquidity Issues
« on: November 22, 2011, 09:01:26 PM »
Hi everyone!  What a shock to see that Thomas Cook are having problems.  I booked with the travel giant believing it to be the most suitable option in these troubled times so was dismayed at today's news.  I know they are fully protected but it is my two weeks holiday in Arillas that I want, not my money back.  Still, hopefully things will turn around for them and the worst will not come to pass.  I do suspect though, that now the problems have been publicised it will become a self-fulfilling prophesy.  I hope the apartment owners in Arillas have some protection from this but sadly I suspect they would suffer too.  Fingers crossed everyone!

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
Re: Thomas Cook Liquidity Issues
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2011, 09:08:59 PM »
Just exactly what I've been thinking.....this is the last thing Arillas needs.
Sandy x

Offline TONYNEW

• Arillas 2016
  • Forum Fanatic
  • Dionysos
    • Tonys webshots
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2011, 09:14:20 PM »
I totally agree with both Sandy and Angela it could leave some of the apartment owners left high and dry not to mention the visitors ,lets hope things are resolved sooner rather than later with TC i just hope there is not going to be a domino effect with other travel companies
After all we all work hard all year to get to Arillas and spend our hard earned cash
Tony

Offline Angela66

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2011, 09:21:04 PM »
It Is leaving TC ripe for a take-over I should think but the likely buyers would probably be stopped from doing so owing to creating a monopoly.  Nightmare.  I just want my holiday!!!  Arghhhhhh

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2011, 09:26:21 PM »
A prolonged downhill slide, with so many Arillas owners depending on them, would do a lot of damage. Stuck in a contract and unable to risk taking independent bookings until too late in the season could be really bad for them. I just hope it turns out a lot better than that. And as Angela says, the uncertainty leaves prospective holidaymakers in the lurch.

Phil

Offline JohnTheRef&Dot

• ARILLIAC
  • First star to the right and straight on to Arillas
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2011, 09:30:01 PM »
We are booked with TC,
fingers crossed, not worried yet but watching the space.

Offline Angela66

« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2011, 09:34:55 PM »
Yes, I am not unduly worried as my money is protected.

Phil, on the plus side it is due to Thomas Cook and my browsing their website that I discovered Arillas.  If there is one thing that I am certain of it is that I will now get to Arillas, even if it is a little later than planned.  I will also do my best to honour my original intention to stay at Tria Adelphia who are tied in with TC.

I also hope that TC does survive simply because of it's old British history - even though I have no idea who it actually belongs to now.

Fingers and toes all tightly crossed

Offline Angela66

« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2011, 09:55:13 PM »
Hi all.  I found myself wondering who owns TC after my previous comments.  Typically for me it is mainly German owned.  I say typically as I work for Siemens, thus find German companies having a lot of I influence in many aspects of my life, lol.  On the plus side this gives my greater confidence in TCs chances of surviving this crisis.

Offline Angela66

« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2011, 11:24:12 PM »
Blimey.  Just had a frightful experience on another forum when someone pointed out that I should not book packages via 'teenage girls sat behind desks' but rather should go for brands such as  easy jet and Hilton.   So, I can just imagine a nice concrete tower block Hilton on Arillas beachfront!!!!!!!

Offline Val n Bill

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2011, 12:59:02 AM »

Not while this forum exists!!

Val x
The love affair continues.

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2011, 04:39:15 PM »
I would be amazed if Thomas Cook went under personally. I know bigger names have but they are the exception as opposed to the rule. Its such a flagship name I can't see it being allowed to happen, by hook or by crook I would think they will survive.
Wolverhampton Wanderers, pride of The Midlands......

Booking.com